Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Finished main quest at level 42. What next?

BillK
BillK
I finished off the main quest and hit level 42 last night. Caldwell gave me the silver quest but I'm not sure if I'd be better served running around doing my main DC side quests and delves & dolmens until I'm 50 then doing Caldwells Silver or just jump right into it. I also plan to go Skyshard hunting in my main DC zones for ones I missed and possibly try to work on Mage, Fighters and Thieves guild stuff.

Just looking for some advice on the best way to prioritize all of this. Or does it not matter what order I go in now that the main quest on my faction is done?
  • watsbeef2
    watsbeef2
    The order doesnt matter much, its kind of "what you want when you want". I do one type of activity at a time, only dolmens or only delves or etc, and when I get bored I switch to another type. Side quests are categorized by zone and each DLC is its own type. Only time it matters is if you have a specific goal in mind like farming or achievement etc.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I would get up to CP160 before doing more quests. Reason is, Quests can drop set items in desirable traits and you would want those in CP160. You can do this one of two ways:

1. Grind Mobs somewhere (boring)
    2. Skyhard Collecting in Zones (much better)

Not going to talk about Grinding, lots of threads on that and guides on the web.

Here is how you collect shards and do some zone content without spoiling your CP160 rewards

1. I collected all the Skyshards in the zone. I avoided any and all quests other than those that show up in the delves that have skyshards. These Delve Quests give interesting rewards, but no set items other than what might drop from the boss.
    2. I would farm the dolmens a few times to get set jewelry that helped my character
    3. I would do the Public Dungeons including all the bosses
    4. Then I would move to the next zone.

In doing this, I could fully gear up my character with level appropriate stuff, and it was helpful gear. May not have been the best, but you don't need the best while leveling. Then, I had all the content quests left for me once I reached CP160 as those can give you sweet Set Drops in good traits you want. And, Quest Experience is huge for gaining CPs once your past CP160. Kind of a waste before that. Plus the Dolmens and Public Dungeons are repeatable so you get dropped set items at whatever level you do them at.

There are Dailies that send you to Delves and Public Dungeons and Dolmens. See the Undaunted, Mages and Fighters respectively in your alliance capital city.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    BillK wrote: »
    I finished off the main quest and hit level 42 last night.

So you left out LOTS of content...
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You've completed 0.3% of the game, so I suggest you crack on!
    PC EU
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The world is your oyster, my friend.

Go. Explore. And have fun.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you've done the training you may enter the game :)

#PVP

ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade