Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Containers in Dungeons and Delves Perpetually Empty

Totes-Bode
Totes-Bode
✭✭✭
Logging in for the first time today, every container and urn in Old Orsinium was empty. Later, every container in Blessed Crucible was empty. And so on and so on. If I have just zoned in to a delve or dungeon, these containers should not be empty. I have tried grouping, resetting to normal then back to vet, rezoning, ungrouping, relogging, relogging to desktop, reloading launcher, I have tried giving the dungeon a "cooldown time" or using a different area and coming back. Please code the region so containers have contents.
  • alouciafaye_ESO
    alouciafaye_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Having a similar issue as of today. Went into Old Orsinium and there wasn't a single container with something in it.
  • ninti
    ninti
    ✭✭
    Totes-Bode wrote: »
    Logging in for the first time today, every container and urn in Old Orsinium was empty. Later, every container in Blessed Crucible was empty. And so on and so on. If I have just zoned in to a delve or dungeon, these containers should not be empty. I have tried grouping, resetting to normal then back to vet, rezoning, ungrouping, relogging, relogging to desktop, reloading launcher, I have tried giving the dungeon a "cooldown time" or using a different area and coming back. Please code the region so containers have contents.

This has been an intermittent bug for months now. People are just noticing it more right now because everyone wants the new mats.
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Just logged in for the first time today. This is what awaited me at Sanguine's Demesne. Fairly absurd and frankly unpalatable.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what really gets on my nerves? Devs/moderators rarely respond here, unless dogs are barking too loud. :-/

Seriously, so many people reported bugs with examples and everything, yet we rarely see a simple "Thanks / we are working on it / we will look at that" - any acknowledgment that bug info has been sent to the dev team!

I also noticed of all bug reports I've sent with /bug command within the game, NONE had their flags marked as "resolved" or "unable to replicate" or anything! Either ZOS never changes marks to these bug reports and just fixes them when they can, or they just fix what they think is important.

I totally lost any interest in reporting any kind of bugs here... as I waste my time & effort, without knowing whether moderators/devs even read it, let alone try to fix.

Edited by maboleth on February 20, 2017 12:41AM
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Today in Spindleclutch II. Everything empty. :'(
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Today: Bahraha's Gloom. Though I did find 3 lockpicks and a serving of Rice, everything else was empty.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep happen to me in Hews Bane Delves, every container empty. Relogged on a different character and it was OK.
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    This morning, logging in for the first time: The entire town of Crosswych, Glenumbra has empty containers. Since originally reporting this recurring bug on Febuary 7 2017 I have received no response or acknowledgement of the issue from ZOS. This recurring issue is dumbfounding; please acknowledge and repair this bug.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just letting you know that we are looking into this issue in general, but note that Crosswych is deliberately ransacked.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just letting you know that we are looking into this issue in general, but note that Crosswych is deliberately ransacked.

I finished the quest line there about 8 months ago and the townspeople still thank me for my service, but I see that I wrongly believed they would have been able to refill their desk drawers afterward. Sad times for Crosswych. Additionally, thanks for acknowledging the bug previously reported.
    Edited by Totes-Bode on March 21, 2017 3:01PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When some of us have encountered the empty container bug, it was usually after already completing a pledge and then moving on to the next dungeon. And then it was random on who got the container bug in our group. Sometimes it would be all of us, or just one or two. But almost always, someone would have the bug. And the weird thing is that the containers (backpacks, urns, cabinets, etc.) were always empty, but heavy sacks and treasure chests operated normally.
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    ninti wrote: »
    Totes-Bode wrote: »

This has been an intermittent bug for months now. People are just noticing it more right now because everyone wants the new mats.

This.

I've had it in the past, have heard from friends having it, but only after Homestead would I care. :wink:

Actually remember a friend having this exact problem all the way back to around the launch of the game, it was either right after or just before the release of Craglorn.
    Edited by Majeure on March 21, 2017 6:47PM
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Today in Dreloth Ancestral Tomb. All containers empty. Would have added several images but forum option is not functioning.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did some testing while in a Trial Instance a few weeks back. We all tried different things, but the one that seemed to work consistently was logging out of the game completely (staying in the dungeon, just log out), then logging back in to the game and most of the time this sorted the container issues.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FreewindRider
    FreewindRider
    Soul Shriven
    well, I don't know if this is still a thing. I was on Avanchnzel yesterday (XBOX EU) and everything was empty. Not one single container, not one lockpick :(
    Problem was solved with relogging

• Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    Been today in Old Orsinium, twice (with different chars). All containers completely empty, not even single lockpick... usually everyone is leaving this place with full bag.