Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Provisioning Writs still bugged

MasterSpatula
MasterSpatula
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
At One Tamriel's release, top-level Provisioning Writs were moved to Craglorn for turn-in and also picked up a bug where sometimes your character would be asked to do a Tier VI Writ and sometimes your character would be asked to do a Tier VII writ.

It is now a full update later, and this bug is still present. Last night, half my top-level Provisioning Writs were level VI. This might not be a big deal were it not for the fact that I have never seen an Ambrosia fragment drop from a Tier VI Writ, and Homestead just radically increased the value of knowing the Psyjic Ambrosia recipe. The bug essentially halves the drop rate of something that already bordered on excessively rare.

A quick dig through the forum search feature shows that ZOS has never even acknowledged that the change happened, much less confirm that it's a bug.

Could someone please address this issue? As of the Homestead release, having these Writs working properly has become quite a bit more important.
"A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • ninti
    ninti
    ✭✭
    It is ridiculous this bug still exists.
  • mrichardson2
    mrichardson2
    Soul Shriven
    Please fix this, my provisioning crafter just keeps getting CP50 recipes so my reward box is lousy.

Sounds like this bug has existed since Tamriel One launch in October? Come on!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS really needs to address this issue. It's impacting master writs and psijic fragments. Can we at least get some ZOS confirmation that they are aware of the issue?
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From another thread:
    That said, we recently discovered a bug that causes Provisioning Writs in particular to award Master Writs roughly half as often as intended. We are currently working on a fix, so you can expect these to appear a little more often once that fix is in.

Sounds to me like they've noticed the problem and are going to fix it. /fingercrossed
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been turning in lvl 50 daily provisioning writs in Craglorn since Halloween when I came back to ESO, and I've never received a single Psijic fragment. Is this why I never get one?
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    I've been turning in lvl 50 daily provisioning writs in Craglorn since Halloween when I came back to ESO, and I've never received a single Psijic fragment. Is this why I never get one?

Probably? According to a dev post at the time Psyjic Ambrosia was released, Ambrosia Fragments can drop from any level writ, but they're extremely unlikely from any below VII. If half your writs are VIs, that effectively halves your drop rate on frags.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on February 17, 2017 6:11PM
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had been aware of this bug, but didn't know the details until my failure to drop any consumable Master Writs prompted me to look further into things. I then came across this info. Before 1T, I wasn't yet ready for Master Writs anyway, so had no experience at pre-1T master writs.

Since I've been turning in Master Writs now for a couple months, despite this bug, I have gotten a few Psijjic fragments, 2 of 1 frag, 1 of another. I guess the one good thing about doing it now, is that I know that I'll need 2 recipes right off the bat for the Psijiic and the Mythic, instead of players in the past, who only needed to keep one of each fragment and could sell off dupes, until they ended up needing to scrounge again for the fragments a second time.

Is there any known pattern for when the level VI or VII writs drop?

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be random. I've tried to figure it out, but I haven't seen a pattern yet.

You've had better luck than me. Since One Tamriel introduced this bug, I've seen exactly one Psyjiic fragment, which dropped for me on the last night before Homestead. Fragments can drop from Writs below max level, but devs have described that as "extremely rare."
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't even realize this was a bug - but certainly explains why, when I complete 12 daily top level provisioning writs, that I've never received a master writ.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Didn't even realize this was a bug - but certainly explains why, when I complete 12 daily top level provisioning writs, that I've never received a master writ.

They've never confirmed that it is a bug, but it started when they moved top-level writs from Wrothgar back to Craglorn.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »

They've never confirmed that it is a bug, but it started when they moved top-level writs from Wrothgar back to Craglorn.

when you're at master level on your provisioning passive (6/6?) and you get directed to Craglorn for turn-in, notice that you sometimes get a lvl VI and sometimes a lvl VII package. If I understand correctly, this started at OT, and was somehow related to ZOS modifying the turn-in sites. I don't know the details, but I see it happen myself...I'll get VI or VII in no particular pattern, and I believe only VII counts as the top level reward now. So even if it's 50/50 that cuts chances for Master Writs in half, and at least dilutes the chances for Psijiic fragments.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there I was fondly assuming that "Fixed an issue that prevented Sealed Provisioning Writs from being awarded as often as intended" in today's Patch Notes meant that top tier Provisioners weren't going to get non-top tier writs any more. But here I am with a Provisioning Writ for Pickled Carrot Slurry and Arenthian Brandy, i.e. a Tier VI writ rather than a Tier VII.

Sigh.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Well, there I was fondly assuming that "Fixed an issue that prevented Sealed Provisioning Writs from being awarded as often as intended" in today's Patch Notes meant that top tier Provisioners weren't going to get non-top tier writs any more. But here I am with a Provisioning Writ for Pickled Carrot Slurry and Arenthian Brandy, i.e. a Tier VI writ rather than a Tier VII.

Sigh.

Did you check the object ID of the writ reward box, if it is 59725 then it is still the old one and will not drop a master writ. If is not then it is most likely fixed.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »

Sigh.

Did you check the object ID of the writ reward box, if it is 59725 then it is still the old one and will not drop a master writ. If is not then it is most likely fixed.

I definitely got Tier VI Provisioning reward boxes last night.

This is, frankly, not okay.
  • ninti
    ninti
    ✭✭

I definitely got Tier VI Provisioning reward boxes last night.

This is, frankly, not okay.

I can confirm as well, got a Tier VI today. So did they fail to fix it like they said, are were there TWO bugs that halved the rate of provisioning writs. What the hell ZOS, are you really this incompetent, this is just pathetic.

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I got a Master Writ off of a Level VI Provisioning writ last night, so it looks like they decided to fix the symptom instead of the cause.

Though ZOS still, to my knowledge, hasn't acknowledged the issue, it certainly looks like us alternating between Level VI and Level VII writs is now what they intend. I don't understand the choice, so an explanation certainly would be nice, but so be it, I guess.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. I just got a Master Provisioning Writ from a Provisioning Pack VI. The Provisioning Writ was Fresh Apples and Eidar Cheese & Khenarthi's Wings Chai (which are level 50 CP 50 recipes), the Master Writ is for some number of Orzorga's Red Frothgar. It only gives 2 writ vouchers. Still, I didn't know it was possible.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . Still, I didn't know it was possible.

I don't think it was before the most recent patch.
  • mariskaas
    mariskaas
    ✭✭✭
    I got a master writ from tier6 as well, but never psijic ambrosia pieces.. Which are more what I'm trying to get.. I decided to send a ticket every time I receive the wrong tier. Hopefully they are swimming in tickets about this soon..
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    Never is a very long time, but I agree that not having any since Halloween 2017 is a very long time. How many PCs do you have that do Level 50 Provisioning Writs, and how often do they do them? Do they do them at least five days a week?

Psijic fragments are indeed "rare". Sometimes each of my two main PCs will complete a Level 50 Provisioning Writ every day for three or four weeks without a Psijic fragment in the payoffs. Then they might receive two, three, or four in the next week's payoffs, don't get any for another week, and receive one or more the week after. Then it can be a very long time before any others are received.

It was that way before One Tamriel, but since One Tamriel it seems that Psijic fragments have been even more uncommon than before. The Pseudorandom Number Generator is, of course, supposed to be rather unpredictable in the outcomes that it produces. Just keep playing and do the writs every day that you can.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mariskaas wrote: »
    I got a master writ from tier6 as well, but never psijic ambrosia pieces.. Which are more what I'm trying to get.. I decided to send a ticket every time I receive the wrong tier. Hopefully they are swimming in tickets about this soon..

You know, that's not the worst idea I've ever heard. If they get well and truly sick of tickets for the same thing, maybe they'll at least actually communicate with us.
  • mariskaas
    mariskaas
    ✭✭✭
    So this week I have a got a master writ from a tier 6 reward, and a psjic ambrosia piece from a tier 6 reward. Since we don't get any info on this bug I don't know whether a. They changed the reward pool for tier 6 and 7 to be the same b. I got extremely lucky. So I guess I'll keep sending tickets until I know which one it is.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this week I have a got a master writ from a tier 6 reward, and a psjic ambrosia piece from a tier 6 reward. Since we don't get any info on this bug I don't know whether a. They changed the reward pool for tier 6 and 7 to be the same b. I got extremely lucky. So I guess I'll keep sending tickets until I know which one it is.

I'm fairly sure it's A. But I can't think of any possible reason why they won't just tell us.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on March 15, 2017 9:10PM
  • mariskaas
    mariskaas
    ✭✭✭

I'm fairly sure it's A. But I can't think of any possible reason why they won't just tell us.

Well since I can still not be sure of anything, I'll just keep sending tickets. If it was luck the droprate would still suck. Also didn't get anything of the sort again since that time, so for about a week. Just ingredients(non-purple) and green recipes.
  • Perniciouss
    Perniciouss
    ✭✭✭
    As of today, Apr 19, I am still receiving "Provisioner's Pack VI' for completing a max level provisioning writs. I have 6 toons that are all Master Crafter's and it is maddening that I am still receiving inferior reward packs for all the writs that I do, much less being robbed of the chances of getting shards for the recipe for Psijiic Ambrosia and/or Master Writs for provisioning.

ZOS, you really need to get this fixed.
    Guild: Black Market Traders - One of the Oldest and Active Trading Guilds in Tamriel
    Guild: GL - Tamriel Fisherman's Guild - The oldest fishing guild in Tamriel. "There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot."
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are other quirks too.

I almost always get light armour requests from clothing assignments. Only rarely leather.

Combined with the large amount of cloth you need to make CP160 armour and the fact that nearly all of my character are magicka users, I have a lot of naked level 50 characters and a pile of leather so obscene it could instantly reduce any sado-masochist to tears.

Or the fact that top tier alchemy assignments almost always ask for nirnroot.

I honestly doubt that they're bugs. I think there's design here.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    There are other quirks too.

I almost always get light armour requests from clothing assignments. Only rarely leather.

Combined with the large amount of cloth you need to make CP160 armour and the fact that nearly all of my character are magicka users, I have a lot of naked level 50 characters and a pile of leather so obscene it could instantly reduce any sado-masochist to tears.

Or the fact that top tier alchemy assignments almost always ask for nirnroot.

I honestly doubt that they're bugs. I think there's design here.

Actually, Equipment Writs follow a set pattern. Every three days, you'll get a writ for Medium Armor. The other two days will be for Light.

And at this point, we can assume that Provisioning Writs are "working as intended." I can confirm that in the last month-ish, I've started getting Master Writs from Level VI Writs. I also started geting Psyjic Ambrosia fragments from Level VI writs no.

So yeah, working as intended now. I do question the intent, however.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS still haven't given us any reasoning, or even a confirmation, that a maxed out provisioner is supposed to make lower tier foods and drinks to hand in.

And to everyone else it seems like a bug or an oversight.

At least give us the courtsey of answering whether this is intentional or not, and if it is, what was the reasoning of changing this from before Homestead to after?
  • didgeodea
    didgeodea
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, repeatedly getting tier vi provisioning writs instead of tier vii for a maxed out master crafter. I haven't received a single psijiic fragment in two months.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    didgeodea wrote: »
    Same here, repeatedly getting tier vi provisioning writs instead of tier vii for a maxed out master crafter. I haven't received a single psijiic fragment in two months.

This is an old thread. They "fixed" this by allowing Master Writs and Psyciic fragments to drop from Tier VI. Not the fix I would have preferred, but better than nothing.