Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Please Explain Writs to Me?

Rainwhisper
Rainwhisper
✭✭✭✭✭
I have an 8-trait, master crafter who is at level 50 in all craft skills.

I have a confession, though, I've never done crafting writs.

Can someone please explain to me, as if I were someone who has never played the game before, how writs work?

Also, are these the same writs that people are talking about in regards to furniture for Homestead, or is that something different?

Every time I read one of the threads on housing furniture, it's apparent that there's some knowledge I'm assumed to have (but that I don't).

Thanks!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea about writs either, but I plan to watch this today evening after work :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnJnTWePscw
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argh! Why is everything in YouTube videos these days?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

:smiley:
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Writs are daily quest for crafters.

Step 1 - You need to be certified master to be able to pick it up, you can pick up quest in the first city of your alliance, mage/fighter guilds.

Step 2 - in all towns there are writ board somewhere close to crafting area where you can pick up daily quests to craft something, they are called writs.

Step 3 - since yesterday you have chance to receive as reward for normal writs so called "master writs". As reward for doing master writs you are getting vouchers.

Step 4 - buy for vouchers target dummy pattern or get crafting stations to set in your house

PS I hate youtube as well...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, here is a writ primer:

Go to the main city in the first zone for your alliance and talk to the NPC with a Quest Arrow above their head in the Mages Guild and Fighters Guild about Writs. IIRC, it is Fighers for Eq and Mages for Consumables, but you need them all so find both. Do the jobs they want or just tell them to Certify you, which if your L50, that is the route you want to take.

Then, in or near every crafting area is a Board for each type of Writ, Consumable or Equipment. Grab the writ, make the stuff. I highly recommend the Lazy Writ Crafter addon if your on PC. If your on console, well, slog them out. Turn in the stuff you are told to make to some city in your base Alliance, although top end writs are probably going to Belkarth.

Now, you can do writs on a completely unskilled character, they will just be L1 Materials. But, the Master Writ, the ones you need for Furniture and such, may have issues as you need to know lots of traits and lots of motifs to get a better chance to get a Master Writ and be able to work with Tempers efficiently to do them. I don't know if you can send the Master Writ to your Crafting Alt or not, but if you can, send them up to a better crafter, not down to a less skilled crafter.
    Edited by Nestor on February 7, 2017 4:29PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a ton, folks!