Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can we use any normal crafting materials for furnishing/housing?

HEMNX
HEMNX
Can we use any normal crafting materials for furnishing/housing?
Like rubedite ignots, sanded rubi ash etc.
Need to know because I harvested a lot of normal crafting materials for the housing update..
Or is it only craftable with bast, heartwood, regulus etc.

Thanks in advance
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes like green, blue, purple upgrade mats
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    3.5k maple planks in my craft bag, but can't make a simple bed with it :smile:

I think you need the new materials to make anything. The designs and plans I gathered in my first play last night seemed like they also use the old ones, too.
    Example, I found a provisioning "recipe" for some candles. They use wax (a new material) but also use flour and nickel, the old materials.
    I ran up and down the length of Wrothgar gathering materials for like an hour. The nodes are same ones you always harvested, and the drop percentage of the new materials doesn't seem rare. It will be easier to harvest them once the newness levels off.
    Some of them come from Crates and Barrels, be aware of that. The wax in my candle recipe, found those in some crates in a delve.
  • HEMNX
    HEMNX
    Reivax wrote: »
    3.5k maple planks in my craft bag, but can't make a simple bed with it :smile:

I think you need the new materials to make anything. The designs and plans I gathered in my first play last night seemed like they also use the old ones, too.
    Example, I found a provisioning "recipe" for some candles. They use wax (a new material) but also use flour and nickel, the old materials.
    I ran up and down the length of Wrothgar gathering materials for like an hour. The nodes are same ones you always harvested, and the drop percentage of the new materials doesn't seem rare. It will be easier to harvest them once the newness levels off.
    Some of them come from Crates and Barrels, be aware of that. The wax in my candle recipe, found those in some crates in a delve.

Ah thanks mate, i have 5k Rough Ruby Ash wood, so i gonna sell them now. :'(B)
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    HEMNX wrote: »

Ah thanks mate, i have 5k Rough Ruby Ash wood, so i gonna sell them now. :'(B)

Don't toss them out yet! I only saw about 5-6 plans last night, but maybe other designs/plans need the regular materials. Don't dump it all without looking around first. I just saw a narrow slice of it so far!

• heavy_artillery
    heavy_artillery
    ✭✭✭
    Plus, you need the ruby wood to do max Woodworking writs, yeah? I need them anyway, send me a message in game & I'll buy the wood from ya!
    @Bluenotebacker in-game, NA Server
  • HEMNX
    HEMNX
    Plus, you need the ruby wood to do max Woodworking writs, yeah? I need them anyway, send me a message in game & I'll buy the wood from ya!

Writs don't need that much ruby. My current trading guild is dying. So if you want some wood.. (go to a forest :-)
    Will I find you, with/on your "heavy_artillery" name?