Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

[bug] lifting the veil drink

CollinR
CollinR
Soul Shriven
Did this quest on a previous characters never had this issue. I get through the quest no problems until he says "drink" or whatever he says. After that nothing happens and no on screen prompts appear.

Things I've tried to resolve this,
Logged out 20 min came back and the npc is gone
Abandoned quest and redid the steps with the same thing happening after he says "drink"
I then did it two more times one with my addons enabled then once more with them off, same thing happened.

Curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this.
Edited by CollinR on February 7, 2017 10:57AM
  • MrTellus
    MrTellus
    Soul Shriven
    I have exactly the same problem, and tried to do the same things as you.
  • MrTellus
    MrTellus
    Soul Shriven
    it worked out for me, stay where you are and play with another char a while, I would demolish some material with it and logged in and where transported to the island and was able to continue the quest
  • Pterop
    Pterop
    Soul Shriven
    This happened to my friend few days ago. Solution from another thread.
    Abandon quest, die to remove status effects, repeat the quest
  • crazyranger
    crazyranger
    ✭✭
    I have exhausted all options to get this to work. Is there an actual workaround for this? Or does it just nerd to be patched?
  • spinality
    spinality
    ✭✭
    This worked for me, not sure which was the effective step:

1. Disabled pet
    2. Disabled out-of-date addons
    3. Abandoned quest
    4. Killed self to destroy active effects
    5. Removed Twice-Born-Star gear to disable second mundus stone effect
    6. Removed weapons

This was after numerous attempts to abandon/restart/logout/etc. following normal advice.

My guess it was either some add-on or the Twice-Born-Star effect. Or who knows what. But one of these things fixed it for me, I think, because numerous previous attempts had no effect.
  • Arsvita
    Been trying this quest myself without any luck so far. Never had this problem before, just the last day and a half of trying with this character.

No buffs or status effects so there should be no reason to have to die.

Even swam to the island. Every one friendly, except Palomir "Stares coldly at you" or whatever, but nothing.

Tried logging out after the "Drink ...", nope

No addons, quest bugged at "Drink ..."

Nogear, removed all gear, armors, weapons, jewelry ... nope.

Not killing myself for anything, fix it.
  • crazyranger
    crazyranger
    ✭✭
    I have dropped numerous tickets (/bug within the game). Customer Service has just informed me that I am apparently the only person with this issue.....