The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to initialize the connection with Steam

blugeen
blugeen
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I bought the game 2 years ago on Windows and I would like to play it on my Macbook Pro Retina 15.

I downloaded the game with the link on my account page and installed everything on my mac. But when I launch the game, I see the main menu and after few seconds an alert says something like « Unable to initialize the connection with Steam. Make sure you launch the game through Steam". The problem is I didn’t buy the game on steam but on the Zenimax shop, and apparently the OS X version that you can download from elderscrollsonline.com is a steam version.

I tried to add the game on steam as a non-steam game but it didn’t work (I had the steam Overlay). Any idea?

Thanks.
  • Idabrius
    Idabrius
    Soul Shriven
    I solved this by opting in to the mac steam beta. The game runs fine through steam now; there was a problem with a steam update a while back that now appears to be fixed.