The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you buy crown crates if 1 of the drops was a perma crafting bag?

ESOUser0x00
ESOUser0x00
✭✭✭
How many crates would you buy?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would definitely sweeten the pot for a lot of people.
  • strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    I don't gamble with real world money so I wouldn't buy any more than the test 1 I tried out. Got my puppy, I'm satisfied.
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    Lol plenty of people buy them already.. 1/3 people i see on console have apex mounts
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would also get subscribers dropping there subs ! So No
    Edited by White wabbit on February 7, 2017 12:14PM
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be tempted, but it's still against my moral principles, so no, never, I'd rather lose my money knowingly on a subscription with my choice, than to gamble away an unknown amount into almost sure disappointment and frustration.

TL;DR Read my lips: NO Edit: Or in this case my post :D

Don't go around putting crazy ideas into ZOS's head, especially for those crazy gamble crates.
    Edited by The_Protagonist on February 7, 2017 12:41PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Then I would drop my sub as soon as I got it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None.

I don't object to the crates because there's nothing I want in them, or even because there's nothing I want enough to justify the price. I simply refuse to gamble with real money, especially for virtual items. Therefore it doesn't matter what they put into the crates, I will not buy them.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this a serious question???
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • ESOUser0x00
    ESOUser0x00
    ✭✭✭

How about a limited time crown crate exclusive where only a limited number of people get it?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about a limited time crown crate exclusive where only a limited number of people get it?
    How would you feel if the weekend that was available your ISP messed up and you had no internet all weekend and no chance to log in elsewhere thus missing the chance to buy it?

Would you still support this option if you missed the only chance to get it, if not then you know why this would upset a lot of people and be a terrible idea.

Edit because stupid typos.
    Edited by Turelus on February 8, 2017 8:53AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ESOUser0x00
    ESOUser0x00
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

How would you feel if the weekend that was available your ISP messed up and you had no internet all weekend and no chance to log in elsewhere thus missing the chance to buy it?

Would you still support this option if you missed the only chance to get it, if not then you know why this would upset a lot of people and be a terrible idea.

Edit because stupid typos.

How different would that be from other limited exclusive item in the crown store?
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    None.

I don't object to the crates because there's nothing I want in them, or even because there's nothing I want enough to justify the price. I simply refuse to gamble with real money, especially for virtual items. Therefore it doesn't matter what they put into the crates, I will not buy them.

Me too.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would only buy crown crates if they dropped a scroll that would forever banish crown crates from the game.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Phaedrathallassa
    Phaedrathallassa
    ✭✭✭
    I've said before I would pay $50 flat to get a permanent crafting bag (I've already spent way more than that on sub, so no way ZOS would take that bargain!)

So, yes, if the probability was high enough that $50 would be a 90% guarantee of getting one (maybe higher. But at least 90%). (For the non statisticians - this means that the crafting bag would have to be around a 15% drop rate, if you buy the crowns not on sale) Much, much higher than any other desirable item in the crates right now).

So, no. Because the drop rate would never be high enough for my to get what I want at my desired price point.

I haven't yet purchased any crown crate, and I probably never will.

• CeaseSphire
    CeaseSphire
    ✭✭✭
    They would never go for that because that is one of the core perks of being a plus member.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if it was incremental?

For example you pay 1000 crowns and you get 10 craft bag slots that will store the first 10 materials you put in there. You can swap them around but never store more than 10. If you want more you can buy another 10 slots for another 1000 crowns. (I picked 1000 crowns because that's the price of 10 bag/bank slots.)

That way ESO Plus is still the better option for most people. I'm not sure how many crafting materials there are but I think it's a few hundred, and more being added regularly so you'd have to sub for a very long time before it became more expensive than buying craft bag slots out-right.

But people who prefer one-off payments for whatever reason would have the option to buy access to the bag that way if they choose to do so.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gamble Crates in all games should just f*** off altogether.

It's a disgusting system that is being adopted and exploited at an alarming rate across the entire industry. It's like devs and publishers are scrambling at this gold mine before it becomes officially regulated as gambling, and they finally have to slap massive warning signs across their games and start telling people exactly what the pathetic odds are of obtaining the flagship items they market their Crates with.

Want to sell me craft bags? Sell them to me. Want to sell me a shiny new Storm Atronach mount? Sell it to me. Don't package these items away in a mystery box with a 1% or lower drop chance and expect me to be STUPID enough to pay for them. It's insulting that you assume we're stupid enough to even be offered that deal. Only a small amount of a game's playerbase is genuinely stupid enough to keep throwing money at these things, so while it benefits ZOS it comes at the expense of the majority of their playerbase's satisfaction with the product. It's an ethical "f*** you" to this community.
  • arakis99ub17_ESO
    No. I don't gamble and I don't appreciate companies who prey on people's weaknesses to earn a buck.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy crown crates as a matter of principal but I would imagine the drop rate for this would be so insanely low that it would be far cheaper to just sub every month.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    If they add smty like that to crowncrates or some p2w option. I ll quit eso forever
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    w1.jpg
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • ESOUser0x00
    ESOUser0x00
    ✭✭✭
    Dr_Rektar wrote: »
    If they add smty like that to crowncrates or some p2w option. I ll quit eso forever

Why? Crafting bag are convenience, not p2w
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Putting a highly sort after item which would be at a significantly low drop rate in a gambling mechanism is a very bad idea.
    You might not have issues with gambling addiction, but a lot of people do.
    Also, how can you guarantee that ZOS will not stuff up the RNG/odds of getting the items? You may be paying for zero chance of winning! (eg zero chance of getting ambrosia cypher until they hot fixed it a few weeks later).
    ZOS also does not publish the odds of getting items in the crown crates, which means they can alter the odds whenever they want without notification.

Edited by Synfaer on February 13, 2017 4:37AM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Think back to before you had the crafting bag. How much time did you waste shuffling stuff back and forth between alts which you no longer do.

Now take all that time and imagine all the stuff you could have done instead with that time. Imagine all the additional gold, experience and loot that you'd have.

So the crafting bag may not be direct p2w but indirectly it kind of is.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »

Putting a highly sort after item which would be at a significantly low drop rate in a gambling mechanism is a very bad idea.
    You might not have issues with gambling addiction, but a lot of people do.
    Also, how can you guarantee that ZOS will not stuff up the RNG/odds of getting the items? You may be paying for zero chance of winning! (eg zero chance of getting ambrosia cypher until they hot fixed it a few weeks later).
    ZOS also does not publish the odds of getting items in the crown crates, which means they can alter the odds whenever they want without notification.

Haven't they done that already with the apex mounts?

Ok sure they don't provide any functionality you can't get elsewhere, but that doesn't mean they're not highly sought after by some people, including some who probably could not care less about a crafting bag.

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Haven't they done that already with the apex mounts?

Just speaking for myself personally, I wouldn't want one because they're completely outside of the Elder Scrolls universe as I know it from the single-player games.

Sure atronachs are ES. But atronach mounts?

Fair enough to those who want them and ride them. Doesn't bother me. But I don't want one. I will admit that there's a little more appeal in the wild hunt mounts, but I have my elk and that works beautifully for my bosmer.

The crafting bag is another matter. That has major practical advantages. Though personally I found it too convenient. I'd be perfectly happy to let ESO Plus keep it as an exclusive and have a similar housing based storage option.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No I wouldn't. If I wanted to throw a potentially infinite amount of money at a crafting bag, I'd just sub.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA