Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What is the hard cap for physical and spell resistance?

Renegade1O
Renegade1O
✭✭
Need to know what the hard cap is for resistances for my tank build. A reference to where it's listed say in patch notes or something would be appreciated.

Best Answers

• Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    33.1k give you capped 50% damage reduction. Unfortunately I cannot give you proof, its just a number I know as a Tank
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
    Answer ✓
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    33.5k is the cap, and 3.35k is the crit resistance cap
    nerf mdk
    Answer ✓
  • Renegade1O
    Renegade1O
    ✭✭
    I've heard 33.5 was the cap and I've also heard 32.5 was the cap. I'd like to get the exact number from an official source so I can just know for sure.
  • Renegade1O
    Renegade1O
    ✭✭
    Can you tell me what source you got that from? Just wanna make sure im not comitting too many champ points to resistances if I don't need to.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go above the cap, doesnt that make you invulnerable to penetration, like sharpened or major breach? Curious about that one. @K4RMA

PC EU
    PvP only
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    If you go above the cap, doesnt that make you invulnerable to penetration, like sharpened or major breach? Curious about that one. @K4RMA

The most penetration anyone can realistically stack in pvp is about 18k. There are temporary buffs that can take you above that but it's safe to assume that most players will have 18k pen or less. So to be completely invulnerable to 18k pen you would need 33.5 + 18 = 51.5k resistances. Basically being invulnerable to penetration isn't realistic, the best you will do is mitigate some.
    PC | EU
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Renegade1O wrote: »
    Can you tell me what source you got that from? Just wanna make sure im not comitting too many champ points to resistances if I don't need to.

@Renegade1O no official source but pretty much most players, especially the ones that have been around for years, agree that the resistance caps are 33.5k for physical and spell resists and 3.35k for critical resists.
    olsborg wrote: »

@olsborg just as @FriedEggSandwich said, its unrealistic to stack that much resistance. The most you'll do is mitigate some penetration in a practical and well-functioning build.
    nerf mdk