The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

This is the kind of thing you can build in homestead

Shimmer
Shimmer
✭✭✭✭✭

This was all built with in game items. (though this would be harder in smaller instances with a lower item cap)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPT7OcuBbow
YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, Very Cool

Second of all, Very Scary. I would fall most times trying to get into the place.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    First of all, Very Cool

Second of all, Very Scary. I would fall most times trying to get into the place.

You dont want to know how many times I fell to my death making this. I kept clicking while in editor mode and picking up the floor and falling hahaha. My gear was red....

• Molec
    Molec
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjTV8i_KjXM

At least Homestead allows you to build Castles in the Sky, I suppose.. The lyrics are rather fitting to be fair...
    Edited by Molec on February 6, 2017 10:10PM
    PC-EU 666cp+

Molec - Dunmer Magika Sorc
    Lucius Bal - Altmer Magika DK
    Avborh - Breton Magika Templar
    Skorun - Altmer Magika NB
    Darum-Zar - Khajiit Stamina DK
    Nephi Dagon - Argonian Mag Templar
    Warden of Red Mountain - Bosmer Stamina Warden
    Warden of Dagoth-Ur - Altmer Magika Warden

George Carlin — "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    First of all, Very Cool

You dont want to know how many times I fell to my death making this. I kept clicking while in editor mode and picking up the floor and falling hahaha. My gear was red....

A lesson to anyone who wants to build something like this: build it naked :D
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, Very Cool

A lesson to anyone who wants to build something like this: build it naked :D

Absolutely. OR have plenty of soulstones in case you manage to land on something mid way....

• Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's exactly why I love it!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having flashbacks to Datacron hunting in SWTOR. /shudder
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which properties have open air? Or, which properties do not? Whichever is the shorter list. We console people never had even the pts to take an advance look...
    Xbox NA
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really cool. I found a fatal flaw last night in the design. I built a dueling arena in the sky, mostly using planks and boxes. Problem is that knockbacks, like templar spear for example, will cause you to fall through the artifical floor (similar to the grates in keeps).

If anybody finds a good material that you can't fall through, let me know. Sky Duels need to be a thing.
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This actually makes Homestead more interesting, good! :)
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty amazing.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the pillars you used for the entrance to the sky-house?

And where can i get them!?
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    Which properties have open air? Or, which properties do not? Whichever is the shorter list. We console people never had even the pts to take an advance look...
    All the properties with an outside area you can build up. I originally wanted to sss how high the ceiling was that top
    Platform was the highest I could go in the Topal Island property.
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    What are the pillars you used for the entrance to the sky-house?

And where can i get them!?
    Those were khajiit pillars From the crown store.

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is something like this ridiculously pricey to create on Live?
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No the house itself was built using ONLY in game items (for gold) except those two
    Pillars. Only cost 28,200.

Items used for base house:
    68 Rough Planks, Wide 100g ea.
    52 Rough Planks, Long 100g ea.
    110 Rough Block, Stone Slab 100g ea.
    52 Rough Crate, Sealed 100g ea.

The decorations were crown store as it was on the pts and I hadn't found any recipes.

• heavy_artillery
    heavy_artillery
    ✭✭✭
    Holy gods the VERTIGO! Just from watching it! LOL Can't even imagine trying to do it in the game. Brilliant!
    @Bluenotebacker in-game, NA Server
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck trying to build that in any house other than the crown exclusives. In the other houses the skyboxes and item counts are much more restrictive.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R
    Good luck trying to build that in any house other than the crown exclusives. In the other houses the skyboxes and item counts are much more restrictive.
    Only 282 items. Could do this in a medium or above.

• Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could build the thing yes, but the it wouldn't be up high in the sky as the skybox for most properties is a skosh higher then the highest structure there.

OP..

I love that thing! Very Awesome!

Gonna build something similar, while naked (of course) and maybe further out in the water (possibly not die from falling in water?).

So many exciting ideas!!! :smiley:
    Edited by Zenzuki on February 9, 2017 12:51PM
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this is really awesome, great job!!!!

just do not try to come home drunk late at night :smiley:
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed this thread first time it was posted, glad it was bumped.

This looks awesome and I have to agree with Nestor that it looks scary as well. I am notorious among my friends for sucking at jumping puzzles in games, so this would be a nightmare.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reminds me of a tree house :D
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, Very Cool

Definitely something you want to do nude :)
    And yes it looks cool, would never managed to reach it however, for some reason I have problems with jumping in ESO, it feels stiff compared to Skyrim.

This makes me thing of an guild hall in another MMO where we build an staircase to heaven using some furniture, over time we all fell off and we never retrieve the furniture who stayed far up in the sky.

And this gives me an inspiration for an diving board at my Khajiit mansion as it has an swimming hole.
    An shame the balcony is on the other side.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenzuki wrote: »
    You could build the thing yes, but the it wouldn't be up high in the sky as the skybox for most properties is a skosh higher then the highest structure there.

OP..

Gonna build something similar, while naked (of course) and maybe further out in the water (possibly not die from falling in water?).

There were invisible walls over the water. :( I should have taken a screen shot of all the walls I had planks laid out to show them when I found them. Very bizarre invisible wall lay out on this property.

• Son-of-the-Desert
    Son-of-the-Desert
    ✭✭✭
    Great job
    Main Characterr:
    Tiberius Scrofal : Imperial Templar Healer
    Shard: PC EU DC
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    An shame the balcony is on the other side.
    Sounds like something fixed by building your own balcony or diving board. :)

Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OP..

There were invisible walls over the water. :( I should have taken a screen shot of all the walls I had planks laid out to show them when I found them. Very bizarre invisible wall lay out on this property.

Again with these weirdly placed interior invisiwalls ESO!!! :angry:

This is a **&%^ island?!? Out... all by its.... instanced self! That's not even a copy/pasta! And will cost a mountain of crown to boot!

This should just have a giant sphere/box around it where the outer walls and ceiling are quite a ways out and up!

Seems the ceiling bit they got right.... but water, water everywhere, and just a drop to swim in!

So the same thing that ruined Hunding Palatial for me has infected this waterfront property as well!

Seems ZOS just doesn't want anymore money from me! :confused:
    Edited by Zenzuki on February 16, 2017 9:19AM
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OP..

Again with these weirdly placed interior invisiwalls ESO!!! :angry:

This is a **&%^ island?!? Out... all by its.... instanced self! That's not even a copy/pasta! And will cost a mountain of crown to boot!

This should just have a giant sphere/box around it where the outer walls and ceiling are quite a ways out and up!

Seems the ceiling bit they got right.... but water, water everywhere, and just a drop to swim in!

So the same thing that ruined Hunding Palatial for me has infected this waterfront property as well!

Seems ZOS just doesn't want anymore money from me! :confused:

I agree, I wish they had been more lenient with the invis walls. I had originally built the tower to make a high dive into the ocean but was owned by the invis walls :(

• DonWalking
    DonWalking
    ✭✭✭
    *Cough cough* Wizard101 *cough*
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DonWalking wrote: »
    *Cough cough* Wizard101 *cough*

Forgive me, I dont get the reference to that game...