Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

is it worth getting dlc and why?

xXD2GXxTwitchy
I have been playing 4 about 2 weeks and i really enjoy the game and im wondering if i shuld get the dlc's

Is it worth getting and why?
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I always enjoyed the thieves guild and dark brotherhood the most in other TES games, so getting them was a must for me. xD It's up to you really, I personally recommend all the new content it brings, but if you think you won't use them as much, they may or may not be worth the money.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always advise using ESO plus as a try-before-you-buy with DLCs. You get a month of plus and access, plus 1500 crowns you can use toward a dlc if you like it. If you don't like them, you have crowns to spend on something else.

In that month of dlc access you have plenty of time to get a good sense of all of them. And you can definitely complete a couple of them. I own half...like wrothgar, because I think it's worth having constant access. The half I don't own I run when my plus is active, then if I let my sub lapse I wait.
  • xXD2GXxTwitchy
    @davey1107 thanks i didnt thank of that
  • erictf
    erictf
    Soul Shriven
    Before you buy any of the dlcs you should buy eso plus, it allows you to play all dlcs, and another bonus is you get the eso plus crafting bag which stores away crafting material without taking up any of your bag space!. It costs 15$ a month but if you get it you can atleast try ALL the dlcs and pick which one is the one you want :)
  • erictf
    erictf
    Soul Shriven
    And you can cancel eso plus. But it does save you some mone. I bought imperial city and soon found out I didn't like it and wasted my money.
  • gogofoo
    gogofoo
    I have same questions too, I just recently join PS4 of ESO.
    does DLC open up new quests and story? or new dungeon?
    I am torn about should I get DLC or not too before morrowwind come out
  • erictf
    erictf
    Soul Shriven
    gogofoo wrote: »
    I have same questions too, I just recently join PS4 of ESO.
    does DLC open up new quests and story? or new dungeon?
    I am torn about should I get DLC or not too before morrowwind come out

All dlcs have story, imperial city is just scouting and other pvp missions, all the other dlcs have a pve story line