Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Help with 'Omega' Magicka Templar build?

Ishibrows
Ishibrows
Okay, so before I begin - yes, I am a complete newbie to builds. I'm not 100% sure on how they work. So don't flame me for that, haha.

So I messed up on my Imperial character. I started to play ESO more around the end of December, and I'm new to builds. So, I decided to help my poor lvl 17 Templar out by wiping out her skills and attributes (as well as my gold..) so that I can properly focus on a build. The first one that I found appealed to me, and it is called 'Omega'. You can find the link to the details here: deltiasgaming.com/eso-magic-templar-dps-build/

I'm putting all my attribute points in magicka and have set up my abilities and such according to the post. However, when watching the video, my mind sort of blanked. I still don't have my head wrapped around all the crafting skills either, so there's that. I'm more of a PvE person than a PvP person, and the only weapons I have are destruction staves, so I'm probably in trouble.

Has anyone here tried this build, or something similar to it? Should I just restart my character? She's only level 20 and I haven't done many main quests on her yet so I won't be losing much. I can recreate her easily.

If anyone knows of a build that is a Magic Templar DPS (pref) or any other great Templar build, and easier than this one, please suggest it. Reduce my headache, I really have no idea what I'm doing. I also probably haven't included much information here, so if you want to know something just ask. It's getting late where I am and I'm so tired

Best Answer

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry about looking up a build this early on. Just ensure you have the weapon slotted you want to level up, and at least 1 of each class skill line on each bar to level them up. Once you get farther in the game you'll have a ton more attribute and skill points to play around with, plus more gold in case you want to change it later on.

If you're planning to do group dungeons soon.. try to find a guild that can teach them to you and give you some tips. Learning what skills do will help you out way more in the long run than just blindly following a build that you have no idea why it works.

Also, if you're having troubles right now... My advice is puncturing strikes spam and then morph it to puncturing sweeps so it also heals you. Try to weave in other skills etc and slowly learn what skills do and when is best to use them. (For example, for using dark flare.. it has a really long cast time but is quite hard hitting so it may be best to start a fight with it). Once you start to understand what skills do and how they work together, build guides will make more sense to you, plus actually help you more.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Answer ✓
  • Ishibrows
    Ishibrows
    Ah, okay. That's easier to understand. I don't really ask for help so I kind of gather ideas from various sources.. seems like I should've just asked for help. x)

I'm currently in a guild but it's for an Elder Scrolls Amino Community that I help run. It's kind of dead the majority of the time though. I'll have to see if there's another friendly guild somewhere!

I do have puncturing sweeps and dark flare (to open a fight) and I use them a lot at the moment. You're right, I shouldn't have just quickly gone into it. I'll take some time to get to know the game better. Thank you!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, okay. That's easier to understand. I don't really ask for help so I kind of gather ideas from various sources.. seems like I should've just asked for help. x)

I'm currently in a guild but it's for an Elder Scrolls Amino Community that I help run. It's kind of dead the majority of the time though. I'll have to see if there's another friendly guild somewhere!

I do have puncturing sweeps and dark flare (to open a fight) and I use them a lot at the moment. You're right, I shouldn't have just quickly gone into it. I'll take some time to get to know the game better. Thank you!

You're welcome :) build guides do have their place of course, they can come up with combinations you wouldn't have thought of. It's just better I think to be able to understand the game, so these builds make sense and then you know how to get the most out of them.

Putting all your points into Magicka for a Magicka Templar is a basic thing that is good you know now though! As it helps all your skills that cost Magicka hit harder (or heal more)! So you're already a step ahead of some people who don't know that. :) Good luck!

As well you'll likely end up using light armor, so if you can, try to use it so it levels up and you can take those Magicka passives. It's good to have a piece of heavy and medium armor on though so that if you decide later down the line to change what armor you use, those skills lines will already be levelled up some!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord