The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

2H beating DW?

MickeyBN
MickeyBN
✭✭✭✭
I've read a few comments lately suggesting 2H is the go to option for PvP right now and that in a recent patch DW got nerfed somehow?

I can't seem to find any additional info highlighting this so I was hoping someone could shed some light. I'm on the verge of golding my 2 daggers before I enter Cyrodiil but I also have a decent 2-hander on standby.

Admittedly I prefer DW purely for character fantasy and immersion, 2-hander for a Stamblade always felt clunky and unfitting. However if the difference in stats is largely noticeable I'd like to know before I go wasting my Tempers.

Thanks for any info.
Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's all about the rally.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Statistically; I would have to imagine dual wield is on to IMP for weapon damage and an extra set piece. Practically for my purpose; 2H gives me rally.

If I didn't want range options; the answer probably would be front bar dual wield and back bar 2H.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL. And they just nerfed weapon/spell damage on DW
    Edited by Minalan on February 6, 2017 4:20AM
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are a stamblade you'll notice a huge difference in you survivability if you don't use a 2hand. You can always use both though dual wield on the front bar and 2 on the back bar for rally
    Edited by thankyourat on February 5, 2017 11:33PM
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol "nerfed", it is literally like 40 weapon and spell damage. Hardly anything. You will not notice the difference in damage. They just did it to bring duals inline with two hander. Without another set bonuses. So duals will still have a higher damage capacity.

The reason people say to use two hander in PvP is because it has everything. Gap closer, burst heal, burst damage and execute. All dual wield damage is dots, with the exception of throw dagger. And burst is hugely important in PvP.
    Options
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forward Momentum is the #1 reason why I am stuck with using 2hander in PvP.

I can't tell you how amazing it is to have freedom of movement for 8 seconds. Combine that with health regen sets and there isn't a need for Rally.
    Edited by Rohaus on February 6, 2017 3:58PM
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
    Options
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    Without burst any noob can heal through your dots and apply counter pressure. Proc set meta works well with dw. Viper shield breaker and velidreths? Good night charlie.
    Options
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use two hander for the empower. No one ever talks about it, but if you throw a heavy attack before a dawn breaker people will look at their death recap wondering where it all went wrong.

Also rally is definitely one of the best burst heals you can use.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol "nerfed", it is literally like 40 weapon and spell damage. Hardly anything. You will not notice the difference in damage. They just did it to bring duals inline with two hander. Without another set bonuses. So duals will still have a higher damage capacity.

The reason people say to use two hander in PvP is because it has everything. Gap closer, burst heal, burst damage and execute. All dual wield damage is dots, with the exception of throw dagger. And burst is hugely important in PvP.

^^^yep

I'm not sure if the value is about 40 Spell Damage though.

Personally I hope it is totally negligible as I use a DW Mag Sorc who does not need nerfs lol.
    Options