Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Why are the Alik'r Desert Dolmen so popular?

CMFan1966
CMFan1966
✭✭✭✭✭
These seem to be more popular than any other dolmen in any of the other lands I've been in. Also, the two I've found so far are the first time I know for a fact I've seen bots. The last one I did had about a half dozen dead players and one guy just shooting off his flame staff every second even though nothing was happening (figured that was the bot). I've been to others where it was either just me doing them or me and one or two other people. I really don't understand it. Is there some special piece of equipment that's supposed to drop there that I don't know about?
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good question. Farmed them a few times myself. Could be ease of access to all three dolmens. Another popular one is in Glenumbra, near the Werewolf Bosses.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 3 right next to wayshrines, so you can farm them so much quicker/easier than elsewhere.

I'm not sure if the solo bot is there to farm for drops, or there to activate the Dolmen ASAP, so it's 'owner' and comrades can run round all three ASAP.
    Edited by esotoon on February 5, 2017 6:31AM
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    At a guess sword singer stuff and yes they are very easy to farm between them .. and yet world bosses don't get much love at all there!!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right next to wayshrines
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »
    All 3 right next to wayshrines, so you can farm them so much quicker/easier than elsewhere.

The same thing is true of Auridon. Which is why you'll see that there as well.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The timing in Alik'r is perfect. As soon as you finish a dolmen, sprint to the wayshrine & go to the wayshrine closest to the next (clockwise) dolmen & it will just be starting. It's time efficient grinding :)
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, all that makes sense anyway. I'm not complaining. I was just actually baffled by the number of players I've seen just *poof* in from nowhere. It's so crazy that I'm not quite sure who to bash and who not to. LOL! I wasn't overly thrilled with the presumed bot though. I wanted to knock him off his perch at the top of the steps. :p
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of spinner set jewelry, you can sell each piece 30k.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    The timing in Alik'r is perfect. As soon as you finish a dolmen, sprint to the wayshrine & go to the wayshrine closest to the next (clockwise) dolmen & it will just be starting. It's time efficient grinding :)

That's set by the route the grinder's take. It can get cycling counterclockwise, if the grinders go that way (which does happen). Same with Shadowfen, Auridon, and a few others with three easy dolmen runs.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've wondered about a few dolmens in particular that attract so much popularity. The dolmen in Auridon near Vulkhel Guard is another 1 that seems popular, and is always surrounded by rubberbanded players.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I f you want an unpopular one,try the Bruma dolmen in Cyrodiil. ;)
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the ones in Auridon are popular because of what was mentioned in one of the posts above (rubber banding) and because they give out Elegant jewellery which are ok as far as trash jewellery goes for low levelled players. Gives your spell power a little boost. Well, I know that's where i go when I start a new magic orientated character. Because of the number of people around farming, that jewellery can be quick to obtain.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the ones in Auridon are popular because of what was mentioned in one of the posts above (rubber banding) and because they give out Elegant jewellery which are ok as far as trash jewellery goes for low levelled players. Gives your spell power a little boost. Well, I know that's where i go when I start a new magic orientated character. Because of the number of people around farming, that jewellery can be quick to obtain.

All three of the Auridon sets are decent, if not spectacular. Run those long enough, and you will get some neat toys to play with.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    Because of spinner set jewelry, you can sell each piece 30k.

Wrong area.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the cause, it's made me avoid Alik'r since 1T launched.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle