Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gold making in end-game?

Whyn Aurum
Whyn Aurum
✭✭✭
I am sitting at 20k gold from time when I used to play (1.5 years ago). Now, every method I used to do back in the day (dwemer dungeon motif farm, sanded nightwood selling) seem to be nerfed. I used to be able to pull 300k+ a day with a couple of hours of farming.

Could anyone perhaps share a method or two that I can use today to get my bank buffed, I exceptionally need this to regear my character as all my equipment is outdated.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can always take on a life of crime stealing various items and fencing them at the Outlaws Refuge. You can easily make 10K in a half hour once you get ranked up a bit in Ledgerdemain. You can still make money selling raw or refined mats, but now it's Rubedite, Ruby Ash, Rubedo, and Ancestor Silk. Refining those will yield gold level improvement mats that can be sold for a nice sum. Leveling up alts in crafting having them do crafting writs also brings you gold improvement mats. There are plenty of ways to still make a bit of coin in ESO :)
  • Whyn Aurum
    Whyn Aurum
    ✭✭✭
    Legerdemain as well as woodworking, blacksmithing and clothing are max levelled in my ONLY char. I do not want to level another character as I recall the leveling process is long and boring. I tried some wax farming but only able to do approximately 20k/hour. Looking for something more efficient and proficient with preferably low requirements as of gearwise as all my gear is outdated.
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    farming for gear and selling gear is an easy method. just alot of rng.
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • nodulo
    nodulo
    ✭✭✭
    Well the 20k an hour farming mats really is not bad at all you just have to persistent.

And the magical 200k+ gold evenings for myself personally... well as @EvoAZN said it's all chance not only to find that inferno spinners stave but to find it in sharpened.

And for the past week any area that has desirable high-end drops (Spinners, Spriggans, Nirncrux ect.) is being over farmed due to the late starters farming gold for the update.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do crafting writs on as many toons as possible. You have about 30% chance at a gold upgrade mat and 15% chance at a survey. Also, you'll have a shot at master writs starting tomorrow. Even if you have no intention of doing the master writs, you can sell them to those that do. So you sell your gold mats and master writs and start watching your wealth increase.
    Edited by redspecter23 on February 5, 2017 8:04PM
  • RioterJalena
    I made most of my gold while grinding. I use vivecs antlers in stonefalls. With fully upgraded bags and horse each full haul is 10-15k gold just selling to merchant, 400-500 leather, and occasionally Red mountain or Sun purp jewelery or weapons that sell for decent amounts. Depending on your class and how well you AE pull solo you can keep going all day if you have the time. Takes about 30-45 min to fill bags. I usually refine the leather myself for the dreugh wax stock pile I'm trying to amass and sell the refined rubedo for 3500-4000 on guild traders per stack. In 1 week of playing for maybe a sporadic 2-4 hours a day depending on free time i went from 200ish k gold to 1.6mil with casual farm, still doing pledges, some vet dungeons, few trials...So i would imagine hardcore farming can pull in easy 100-200k a day pretty easily.
  • Brumme
    Brumme
    ✭✭✭
    i make 500 to 700 k a week , maybe down to 400 k now im leveling an alt char.
    its so easy to make gold
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You start farming gear that people might want to buy at CP160. However there are many ways to make gold in this game.

1. Just do a Zone, selling all the loot you get to NPCs will net you 25K to 35K per zone after repairs after doing the content. See Number 6 for some drops.
    2. Farm a Public Dungeon, some are better than others but I can net 5K gold in 30 minutes just from NPC Drops in some of them, not counting what loot I get to sell or vendor. Some are much lower in the gold per Mob Group, so pay attention.
    3. Legerdemain, filling your bags with White, Green and Blue Loot will net you 5K to 15K or more, each day, on each character.
    4. Farm and sell in guild stores Alchemy Reagents and Mats. Some flowers sell for 100 to 300 Gold, each.
    5. Do low level crafting writs on high level characters, you get max gold and top tier material surveys if you do the surveys on a skilled character.
    6. Farm Zones for desired gear in the Impenetrable, Divines, Infused (Large Pieces), Sharpened, Precise and Training traits. Farm Dolmens for Purple Jewelry for those sets. Decon, research or vendor the off trait and green/blue jewelry.

Those are just a few ways to make gold
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold a divines Illambris head piece yday for 150k gold. Some dungeon drops people actually pay for. Divines BSW Jerkin divines: 50k etc. I sell loot to dungeon group who are farming for stuff.

Aaaaand then I do farm runs in public dungeons now and then, collect EVERY material I see. Make Mythic Aetherial Ambrosias. But dust 45-49k, sell at 16.4k each giving me nice profit.
    Edited by Blackbird_V on February 6, 2017 5:20PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.