The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

<Video Linked> Non Meta Magblade Emperor

CatchMeTrolling
CatchMeTrolling
✭✭✭✭✭
A video of my first time getting emp on a melee magblade, no cheese included not even monster sets & everything is crafted besides jewelry. I know there's people that feel magblades are in a bad spot especially melee blades but I wanted to go against that. Got emperor after about a week of playing this guy in the most populated campaign & put up about 3mill solo before getting emp in a 7 day. Sounds crazy but it happened lol

Keep in mind this is mostly a gank build that I took into open world for 1vx purposes, this guy hits like a truck, in the first part of the video you'll see a 15k concealed weapon lol this is basically solo emp play as well. I couldn't upload it to YouTube for some reason, sorry about the link.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/CatchMeTrolling/video/23052976>#
  • brandishsteel
    brandishsteel
    ✭✭✭
    l2p mageblade
    Marco Hacker - the best mageblade in the game
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2p mageblade

Intriguing
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see high damage numbers and people drop like you're a stamblade but you need proxy and tether to defend against zergs, sap and bats isn't enough burst to delete a whole group of people. Music also sounded muffled or distance but other than that was a good video.
    Supreme Leader Panda
    GM of Licinius Exploitation Incorporated
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade emp with bats, so much memories
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see high damage numbers and people drop like you're a stamblade but you need proxy and tether to defend against zergs, sap and bats isn't enough burst to delete a whole group of people. Music also sounded muffled or distance but other than that was a good video.

Wanted to stick to a single target emp (Which Is Very Rare) to see how it played out, honestly had some of the funnest fights before I got bored with emp & primetime zergs, plus lag. Though I eventually had to switch to aoe damage to combat zergs, the bats actually worked for the most part except against annoying organized groups with Templars but I'd say right now it's probably the hardest to wipe organized groups by yourself in general, pug groups you'll still run through.

Thanks though, the music probably sounds like that because it was edited through the upload app.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on February 5, 2017 9:34AM
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    very cool
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »
    very cool

Thank you

• dirklemonjellob14_ESO
    l2p mageblade

Odd Brandishsteel I looked all over for your tutorial videos on youtube and elsewhere but cannot find how you are so amazing at this games pvp.

Please post a link so we all can enjoy your prowess sir?

If not dropping a rude bomb like that only makes you look like a no skill elite turd. Please learn from this.

To CatchMeTrolling nice vid! I posted looking for anything resembling a melee class burst build that hopefully centered around magic an not stam but ill take anything at this point. Someone pointed me to this build an im gonna try it.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2p mageblade

Odd Brandishsteel I looked all over for your tutorial videos on youtube and elsewhere but cannot find how you are so amazing at this games pvp.

Please post a link so we all can enjoy your prowess sir?

If not dropping a rude bomb like that only makes you look like a no skill elite turd. Please learn from this.

To CatchMeTrolling nice vid! I posted looking for anything resembling a melee class burst build that hopefully centered around magic an not stam but ill take anything at this point. Someone pointed me to this build an im gonna try it.

Thank you, sent you some more info and here's a short 2vx without emperor

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/CatchMeTrolling/video/23051625

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you running?
    5 alchamist/5 julianos/3 willpower. That's pretty good damage. This is a good video no proc sets no destro ultimate just old school nightblade
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you running?
    5 alchamist/5 julianos/3 willpower. That's pretty good damage. This is a good video no proc sets no destro ultimate just old school nightblade

Thank you and instead of alchemist I have on magnus but I don't see any reason that or sets like lich wouldn't work. But I guess those sets could be considered metaish too.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you running?

Thank you and instead of alchemist I have on magnus but I don't see any reason that or sets like lich wouldn't work. But I guess those sets could be considered metaish too.

Yea that's what i ran on my magblade julianos and lich our damage seems very similar. I usually play destro/resto but I play melee sometimes. I just been getting tired of playing meta i been playing my magblade more "old school" lately and ditched my heavy armor. It's just nice to see a video like this all the other magblade videos are just destro bombs. It's just boring gameplay
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you running?

Yea that's what i ran on my magblade julianos and lich our damage seems very similar. I usually play destro/resto but I play melee sometimes. I just been getting tired of playing meta i been playing my magblade more "old school" lately and ditched my heavy armor. It's just nice to see a video like this all the other magblade videos are just destro bombs. It's just boring gameplay

Yeah I'm not a fan of the 2 button mashing destro ult gameplay, wanted to try something different that no one else really play's. Melee blades are basically extinct in pvp but that's mostly due to people thinking they're not viable.

Edited by CatchMeTrolling on February 18, 2017 9:51AM
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's because we have to sit here and theory craft and I mean theory craft to get the right gear combo's when stamblades can just throw gear together and hit harder than us. Now if we sit and theory craft and find the right combo to the right gear, we become very deadly nightblades. I run about 8 different sets for pvp all different play style. I just find solo more enjoyable and demolishing zergs.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's because we have to sit here and theory craft and I mean theory craft to get the right gear combo's when stamblades can just throw gear together and hit harder than us. Now if we sit and theory craft and find the right combo to the right gear, we become very deadly nightblades. I run about 8 different sets for pvp all different play style. I just find solo more enjoyable and demolishing zergs.

See what you mean stamblades can throw on a bunch of proc sets at this point & be good to go but at the same time a lack of theory crafting is a problem in general. People mostly run the same thing even if the class is in a good spot, that's something the game needs less of.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss melee Magblade..only luck I've had is running spinners / lich for the sustain / somewhat decent damage vs all the heavy armor but it really is so tough now. I had emp recently and went melee as well but with a whole lot of cheese..spinner(Switched between DW and s/b)/VD/BS lol non stop destro ults. Lich Julianos used to be so much fun..I've been so bored of the typical bomb build play it just isn't fun
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've yet to see a single stam class turn away from the proc set meta. I can roll you in 3 hits. Ya think. You're running 3 proc sets on 1 build.

Now if zos can limit how many proc sets you can wear at a time. Or something cuz they need to do something tho
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I miss melee Magblade..only luck I've had is running spinners / lich for the sustain / somewhat decent damage vs all the heavy armor but it really is so tough now. I had emp recently and went melee as well but with a whole lot of cheese..spinner(Switched between DW and s/b)/VD/BS lol non stop destro ults. Lich Julianos used to be so much fun..I've been so bored of the typical bomb build play it just isn't fun

You make me want to cry :disappointed:
    EU | PC
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel if they nerf heavy armor to the point people go back to mostly wearing light and medium in pvp that melee blades could shine more because the numbers I see against those user's are high.

Unfortunately magblades have been the bombing class for awhile but the only difference is any class can use the destro ult. So that's no longer exclusive anymore

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've yet to see a single stam class turn away from the proc set meta. I can roll you in 3 hits. Ya think. You're running 3 proc sets on 1 build.

Now if zos can limit how many proc sets you can wear at a time. Or something cuz they need to do something tho

Think you only should have one, people won't realize how unbalanced they are until there's magicka proc sets that do the exact same thing. It would be ridiculous if I had 3 different proc sets on this guy lol
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss melee magblade :(

I did recently get emp and run melee but straight cheese..spinners (dw or s/b), VD and BS with destro lol non stop destros. I still have some luck running spinners, lich for a sustain damage build but it just isn't the same as the old lich Julianos with this heavy armor meta unfortunately
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on February 20, 2017 5:44PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss melee magblade :(

I did recently get emp and run melee but straight cheese..spinners (dw or s/b), VD and BS with destro lol non stop destros. I still have some luck running spinners, lich for a sustain damage build but it just isn't the same as the old lich Julianos with this heavy armor meta unfortunately

You should try 5 necroprentence, 5 alchamist, 2 gradgarr. This build has had more burst damage than anything I've ever seen in game even stamina proc sets. I had to switch fear to my back bar and put merciless on my front bar and what I do is line up the spectral bow with the soul tether and it pretty much guarantees a kill on any one if you are fully buffed even heavy armor. That's what I been learning wether you are melee or ranged you have to use merciless to finish off some of the tankier targets
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @thankyourat

That necro / grothdar / clever. Are you running clever as heavy with 2 necro swords.

I think we should make a magblade group so we can discuss builds a date so forth.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No disrespect, in fact I give you props for getting emp, however...
    I feel like xbox/ps players just aren't as good as pc players if for no other reason than we had over a year more experience playing before you guys.
    Secondly, it seemed like the majority of people you were killing were not using shuffle. Your concealed strike was hitting 90% of the time, something that never happens on pc where it is known to miss 90% of the time.
    I hate to downplay it, but I feel like your a good player fighting a lot of bads.
    Edited by kaithuzar on February 21, 2017 7:10PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome job OP. I just started respecing my Stamblade I just leveled to magblade because I got there and said "Hey. All the cool things I want to do cost magicka!" I don't care if its not meta so I am going to give it a run. Glad to see people making it work as it will give me some motivation to see this through.
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @kaithuzar

Kai is correct. From watching videos of console players you're not seeing many abuse broken mechanics like dodge or sets. Now if conceal/surprise attack or our soul harvest and incap actually hit on pc or were undodgeable that would be awesome
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Awesome job OP. I just started respecing my Stamblade I just leveled to magblade because I got there and said "Hey. All the cool things I want to do cost magicka!" I don't care if its not meta so I am going to give it a run. Glad to see people making it work as it will give me some motivation to see this through.

Thank you and that's the whole point really to get others to try something new.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    No disrespect, in fact I give you props for getting emp, however...
    I feel like xbox/ps players just aren't as good as pc players if for no other reason than we had over a year more experience playing before you guys.
    Secondly, it seemed like the majority of people you were killing were not using shuffle. Your concealed strike was hitting 90% of the time, something that never happens on pc where it is known to miss 90% of the time.
    I hate to downplay it, but I feel like your a good player fighting a lot of bads.

I feel you can't really compare the platforms, I've seen the same bad play on them all lol never really felt the majority of the player base was good, there's good player's then there's a lot of people so use to relying on zerging.

I remember recently watching FASO and 3 other people streaming taking on an entire raid ,so you definitely see the same bad play lol definitely more experienced players but the meta has changed so much it's really hard to think console didn't catch up.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thankyourat

That necro / grothdar / clever. Are you running clever as heavy with 2 necro swords.

I think we should make a magblade group so we can discuss builds a date so forth.

I use light armor 5-1-1 I have 3 pieces alchamist on the body 2 alchamist swords, 3 piece necro jewelery, 2 piece necro on the body, and 2 piece monster set. I usually run engine guardian because I play solo if you have a small group though you can definitely switch it out. If you have spinners sword or if you can fit spinners into the build it may be better than alchamist in damage I can't test it because I can't get a spinners sword. But I like alchamist as well for the double health bonus
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the gear sets laying on my magblade. Still trying to find the perfect solo build against all these heavy users. Trust me. I've got stygian, necro,spinners,clever, Kagan, s&b , dual wield, destro/rest. All sort of combo's lol.