The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Add my Custom Font to Addons

Imiona
Imiona
✭✭✭
Hello

Could someone please tell me how i can add my Custom Font to two Addons who refuse to use them?

The Addons are Ravalox' Quest Tracker and WykkydToolbar who i cant get to work, all other are doing fine.

Thx
  • chavovaldez
    In Wykkyd Toolbar go to code/toolbar.lua and look for
    EsoUI/Common/Fonts/univers57.otf

there will be 3 occurrences, I replaced all three with the path to my font. Works here.

And as for the other I don't use that addon but I will look at the code real quick.

Well my connection here is kind of bad tonight so I can't really test it out. I'll get back to yo later if no one else has.

• Imiona
    Imiona
    ✭✭✭
    Thx for the reply, but it doesnt seem to work.

I use LMP Media Stash to import my font and when i add

"Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\LMP_MediaStash\fonts\opc.ttf"

it doesnt shows up
  • chavovaldez
    OK sorry about that, when you add the path it just needs to start at the addons folder.

So for you it would be "LMP_MediaStash/fonts/opc.ttf"

So it needs to have forward slashes also.
  • Imiona
    Imiona
    ✭✭✭
    Worked! :)

Must i do the same with the Quest Tracker?
  • chavovaldez
    OK I finally go it working. I'm not a coder so it took me a bit and it's probably a hack, but it works.

You'll have to edit 2 files.
    First open up xml/QuestTracker.xml and on line 3 you will see <GuiXml>
    Right after this line you wil have to insert a line and put this
    <String name="MY_FONT" value="WOWClassic/Emblem.ttf" />

Next open up code/QuestTracker.lua go to line 70 and change it to this

[1] = {name = "Emblem", 					font = "MY_FONT"},

The name Emblem you can change to whatever you like it happens to be the font I use so just change that to the name of your font if you want to.

Now open up quest tracker options and you can select your font from the drop down. You can change the size and outline just like the others.
  • chavovaldez
    There's a correction for the above sorry, I can't seem to edit it.

For the xml file you will of course have to change the path to your font so it will be
    <String name="MY_FONT" value="LMP_MediaStash/fonts/opc.ttf" />

• Imiona
    Imiona
    ✭✭✭
    Works like charm, thank you !!

:)
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    @Imiona There was no refusal to allow custom fonts - you just made this request on Quest Tracker on the 3rd, and on Toolbar yesterday.

When making requests for addons, please kindly give addon devs a chance to respond, especially for something like this that is essentially a new feature. Neither of these addons currently have options in place for font selection.

We routinely look at and incorporate requests for new features and functions in these addons.

Regards,
    Calia of the Wykkyd Team
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • Imiona
    Imiona
    ✭✭✭
    calia1120 wrote: »
    @Imiona There was no refusal to allow custom fonts - you just made this request on Quest Tracker on the 3rd, and on Toolbar yesterday.

When making requests for addons, please kindly give addon devs a chance to respond, especially for something like this that is essentially a new feature. Neither of these addons currently have options in place for font selection.

We routinely look at and incorporate requests for new features and functions in these addons.

Regards,
    Calia of the Wykkyd Team

Hey Calia, with "refuse to use them" i meant "i did it on my own and it didnt work because i have no idea what i am doing", and not "the Mod Authors refuse to implement it" :)

Bad choice of Words^^

P.s:

Oh, and i requested that Option in LootDrop too, since with the help of Chavo, all Addons now have the same Font, only LootDrop is missing now.
    Edited by Imiona on February 8, 2017 2:32PM
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    Have you looked at Pawksickles? It's out of date, but may still work for you with a LOT less work.

esoui.com/downloads/info723-PawksicklesUpdated.html
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • Imiona
    Imiona
    ✭✭✭
    calia1120 wrote: »
    Have you looked at Pawksickles? It's out of date, but may still work for you with a LOT less work.

esoui.com/downloads/info723-PawksicklesUpdated.html

Yes of course i use this, but it only changes the Default UI Fonts (and works very well), but not the Font of Addons, at least to my knowledge.
  • chavovaldez
    Yes I use Pawksickles too and as Imiona said it handles the default UI and most addons perfectly. It just seems to break when some addons use the globals such as $MEDIUM_FONT, $CHAT_FONT, instead of calling ZO_FontHeader or other ways.

As I said I'm not really a coder but I have been hacking at addons and other stuff for quite some time. I always used the same font for my UI in WOW also. In Wow it was much easier to change the fonts of course you just renamed them and dropped them into the Fonts folder.

Anyway Imiona I use Loot Drop as well to change the font there go to LootDrop/LootDrop.lua and go to line 909 whicich is this
    	local font='$(BOLD_FONT)|' .. size .. '|soft-shadow-thin'

You will have to change that too -
    local font='LMP_MediaStash/fonts/opc.ttf|' .. size .. '|soft-shadow-thin'	

• Imiona
    Imiona
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, its way easier in WOW, but they really, really opened up their Game to Addons, its amazing what skilled Modders can do there (Weak Auras, ELV UI, Grid etc...). Too bad the rest of the Game sucks these days, but good for Zenimax i guess :smile:

Thx, it worked again
    Edited by Imiona on February 8, 2017 2:41PM