Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Khajit Stamblade Tank

Lonewolf628
Lonewolf628
✭✭
So I like tanking because with the friends I play with, we're able to que for dungeons a lot faster and they are pure dps anyway. I am leveling a Khajit Stamblade. I am coming from a MagDK tank and I can tell early on that the plastyles are completely different. My MagDK can basically permablock so that's what I'm used to. With the Khajit Stamblade I'm going for max weapon crit chance and high damage and the usual tank stuff. I primarily do solo pve and group dungeons, no trials. Anyone have any build tips?
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK tank is way easier and better. That out of the way, depends on what you want to tank.

Use path or shades to get shadow barrier passive major ward/protection. Nightblade builds ultimate quick for warhorn. Chug potions. A lot. In heavy armor, your damage will not be significant. Siphoning attacks, funnel health, sap essence etc.

It's hard leveling as a support role because you don't have enough skill points to be effective really. it starts being more problematic around level 40
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a hybrid really, you can do whatever you want if all you do is group dungeons but without speccing purely into 'tank' skills and allocation of cp you will get annihilated in vet trials.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Lonewolf628
    Lonewolf628
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the tips. I'm only level 11 right now so I've got a ways to go but I will take the advice into consideration. I'm having a hard time figuring out what my main attack skill will be on my sword and board being a stam build. Right now I think it'll be Surprise Attack, but it sucks having the Major Fracture debuff from two different skills on the same bar (the other being Punture, taunt). I feel like it's not effiecient. That's my concern right now but I'm figuring out this build as I go so I'm sure I'll be discovering plenty of other things to figure out down the road. I'm really excited about this build because there's not a lot out there for Stamblade tanks.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanking on Nightblade is definitely different from DK tanking. It has really good resource sustain ( siphoning attacks ) good mitigation due to the shadow passive, it's also a good class to use if you want to play hard mode tanking lol.

I usually build my bosmer stamblade tank as a ultimates tank, using Veil of Blades and Soul Tether. Warhorn is definitely the main choice but I refuse to PvP (personal choice so it leaves me with just Vet dungeons and no trials :neutral: ) have lots of potions since pots increases your ultimate generation.

against the boss, I usually will puncture - siphoning strike - block - heavy attack - refreshing path for shadow passive - block - heavy attack - Mirage - Block - heavy attack - rinse and repeat.

I use as much pots as possible, usually force pots or stamina pots. then bring down veil and literally be unkillable. before the change to selene's web bear, I usually can take that damage and live without blocking.

For gear, Tava's is really good as well as Hide of the Werewolf.

So far it's working for me.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!