The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Congratulations on MMO of the year!

• Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In looking at this poll WoW FF 14 BDO and GW2 got hammered.....that blows my mind. I think this is going to cause some desk flipping especially at Anet and Blizzard but I also think it will motivate SE to up their game.

And to anyone who thinks that devs don't look at this poll trust me they do because they always hit the press hard when they win.

Congrats, seems ESO won by a huge margin!

l9YpkU2.png

Edited by Balamoor on February 3, 2017 5:24PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great game, great team - many congrats :smiley: !
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratz ZOS! ESO is doing impressively well. While it does have its flaws, your business decisions have been making up for all those flaws. You've done an amazing job as a team and if you continue making great decisions the way you did so far, I can see ESO grow and prosper in the next years. But, please, for the love of RNGesus, hire someone to update ESO's itemization system to the 2017 standard (up from 2004 KalOnline Korean standard). It will be worth it in the long run!

I'd say Pearl Abyss made the big mistake of not moving to (or associating themselves with) a western country before releasing a world-class MMO. The "Korean MMO" stamp will haunt Black Desert forever, even though the game is much more advanced than ESO, has a much better itemization system, and less hopeless grind.

Edited by Meld777 on February 3, 2017 6:01PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    48411411.jpg

Congratulations ! :)
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Well done and well deserved :) !
  • JakelDK
    JakelDK
    ✭✭✭
    good job and congratulations!!
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game isn't bad but to get #1 is fishy but congrats on the win.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone! We're so excited and honored to have been chosen as best MMO for the second year in a row :smiley:

With the new Morrowind Chapter being released, that's probably soon going to be three years in a row.
    Edited by Abeille on February 3, 2017 6:46PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

l9YpkU2.png

Beat WoW by 50% :D
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was there ever any doubt? Congrats!
  • Riejael
    Riejael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn 30% is pretty outstanding considering how many big contenders in the running.

What's weird to me is how high BDO was rated. I played BDO and it seemed a bit lacking. Did they improve upon it since launch?
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This a great game. Please fix it on the PS4 Pro so I can continue playing it. If not I would need a PS4 to PC transfer as it isn't fun on the Pro in its current state.
  • capahab
    capahab
    I'm a 30 year + gamer and this is my first MMO. I couldn't have enjoyed it more, so THANKS, and congratulations.
    I'm sure at times it seems like a completely thankless endeavor.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to the men and women who haven given ESO their time and efforts across the board.
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being critical of certain issues doesn't mean one doesn't support the game. ESO even with its issues is still the most entertaining MMO on the market for me. If it wasn't I wouldn't still be here.

Congrats ZoS....Well deserved and earned!

• Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A very well deserved honor.

ESO is one of the best MMO's I've ever played, and it deserves all of the accolades it gets.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Dexter411
    Dexter411
    ✭✭✭
    Then how bad other MMO's have to be?
    There is still cp160 training resto staff of Briarheart in loot table and this won a award.
    Amazing.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

l9YpkU2.png

Asking....honestly asking

Do you all think it's biased cause most of those are only on PC ?

I assume it's mostly the people who visit MMORPG site regularly who participated, and I would guess most of those are on PC and have played various MMOs before.

Keep in mind a lot of ESO players, myself included, picked it up because we are Elder Scrolls fans and this is our first MMO.
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice work zos. Here's to 2017 :)
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

l9YpkU2.png

Asking....honestly asking

Do you all think it's biased cause most of those are only on PC ?

I assume it's mostly the people who visit MMORPG site regularly who participated, and I would guess most of those are on PC and have played various MMOs before.

Keep in mind a lot of ESO players, myself included, picked it up because we are Elder Scrolls fans and this is our first MMO.

This is the point to draw out but x's 3
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »

l9YpkU2.png

Beat WoW by 50% :D

Well technically they got 15% more of the vote, or 100% more votes, or 2x the number of votes.

However you could say Wow got 50% fewer votes.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dexter411 wrote: »
    There is still cp160 training resto staff of Briarheart in loot table and this won a award.
    Amazing.

Oh man I bet the people who voted didn't have this piece of vital information!!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dexter411 wrote: »
    Amazing.
    And?
    Back then I played WOW during cataclysm I finally managed to get enough point to finish the set I needed to keep the shaman special totem (think sorc storm elemental) up most of the time, used some months getting there, next weak that ability was removed from set because an content update added new sets, and the new shaman set was worse so they had to nerf the previous one for people to update, no it was not OP either.
    Yes I rage quited.

Not saying an token system would be an bad idea. Its just a feeling I get that its either the theoretical best gear and garbage
    So perhaps token but make the trait random, remove the obvious idiots training and prosperous to be nice
    :) very evil grin
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This voting is purely based on the advertisement of the game which ZOS does all the time. Just look at the spam on social networks. They post every day about update that's due in 4 months!
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AC needs moar support
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliniel wrote: »
    This voting is purely based on the advertisement of the game which ZOS does all the time. Just look at the spam on social networks. They post every day about update that's due in 4 months!

That's actually an uncommon thing for them. ZOS almost always waits until the last moment to give us a release date, and announce it up to three days before it drops on the PTS. I actually think ZOS could do a better job at marketing the stuff they are doing right.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well deserved. This is the only MMO I've ever tried that I enjoy.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 3, 2017 9:28PM
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats ESO, well deserved... Thank you for pioneering the way for console's first mmo. It has been almost 2 years of a journey for us, and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store.
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well done!

By the way: In my opinion ESO is the best MMO since the beta 2013!

And Morrowind is coming... guess what?
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliniel wrote: »

If that's the case, then that's pretty smart on their part. Practically free advertising.