The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "A Closer Look at the Morrowind Announcement Trailer"

• silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clutch wrote: »
    Minor pet peeve here but notice how the warden's hand placement on his greatsword is close together? Back during one of the first gameplay trailers, we saw a nord with the same hand placement on his greatsword. The problem is that in game, the player's hand placement is spaced out along the hilt. What gives?
    Hand placement *should* be separated. Otherwise, you will have no leverage to swing the darned thing. Or, alternatively, the blade itself was often grasped to brace it .

The CGI is just fantasy / action film art. In real life, nobody would ever hold a broadsword out in front at all. They are too heavy. They need to be braced against or over some skeletal structure, or you will tire out in the first minute of the battle. Braced against the hip or head, or in a straight line upwards with the elbow down and arm braced against the body would all be more realistic. The in-game animations have much more realistic form.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    The warden kinda looks like @Sypher ... illuminati confirmed
    You need new glasses. lol
  • Incubusphan
    Incubusphan
    ✭✭
    It's so funny how so many people have opinions about how skills and ultimates are going to work on the new class and even want changes already, yet they have nothing to base their opinion on.....
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I'm going to guess that the Bear ultimate that auto-respawns will be fairly weak. Good for flavor and solo players; a little like the sorc Clanfear and is maybe more "on demand" than most ultimates -- a bit like Overload.

The bear that doesn't respawn will, I hope, be strong enough to justify it's single life.

I am sitting here cringing at the thought of a Selene's proc that CAN crit and stick around while being healed, mauling everything in sight on the killing-fields of Cyro...

That sounds awesome!
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so funny how so many people have opinions about how skills and ultimates are going to work on the new class and even want changes already, yet they have nothing to base their opinion on.....

Welcome to the forums!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We have the other four classes to make educated guesses, it is reasonable that the new class will follow the same rules(IE permanent pets on both bars) and similar ablities.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #nerfwarden
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knew it was Vivec. Only he could validate assassiantion of Grandmaster.
    Tho i thought this boss is one of the Imperfect created by Sotha Sil.
    Edited by Cinbri on February 3, 2017 7:49AM
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icy wrote: »
    I'd like some confirmation that Naryu is, in-fact, of House Redoran. The bone armour appears to confirm it.

And that perfidious Grand-Master is obviously House Hlaalu.

#RedoranForLife

That is probably Morag Tong armour and hence Chitin armour
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Warden skills showcase. When?
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why did the Argonians immediately run away when she jumped down?

Also, if this guy was supposed to be a Grand Master of the Morag Tong, he was pathetic. He should of at least had a dagger on him.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK...I will start the comment for NERFING Warden! It's too OP! We can't allow this to enter Cryodil!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokryn wrote: »

Also, if this guy was supposed to be a Grand Master of the Morag Tong, he was pathetic. He should of at least had a dagger on him.

My thoughts...

1. Assassin appears out of nowhere. Argonian sherpa flee in terror.

2. Fat lazy Morag Tong Grand Master needs to be put down because he was pathetic.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I was a slave and some assassin jumped on my master, I wouldn't stay around to help.

Okay maybe I would want to watch him die. But what if the assassin came after me, then? Nah, better run back to Black Marsh and throw a party.

It's actually similar to what happened to my own Argonian. Her masters were murdered while hunting Khajiit to make them slaves and she ran all the way to Valenwood while things were going down.
    Edited by Abeille on February 3, 2017 7:05PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    Sigtric wrote: »
    No one stands much of a chance against Naryu
    She had like 20 times she could have killed that guy and instead chose to walk around like a Bond villain, smirking. Terrible assassin. Should have just ganked him from the trees and been done with it.

She had to put on a show for the cinema cameras

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭

Maybe they recognized her as Morag Tong, and therefore chose not to interfere with the Writ. Remember, in the original Morrowind you get a bonus if "no one dared to question [you]."
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    nanaya wrote: »
    How did even that fat merchant-like dunmer became a Morag Tong Grandmaster? Just look at him, he cowardly running away after seeing a single assassin. Isn't Morag Tong a high-class assassins guild or what?

(sorry for my bad English)

Grandmaster probably uses poisons and "diplomacy"
    Icy wrote: »
    I'd like some confirmation that Naryu is, in-fact, of House Redoran. The bone armour appears to confirm it.

And that perfidious Grand-Master is obviously House Hlaalu.

#RedoranForLife

Bone armor is Morag Tong armor
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vivec's voice confirmed! Slightly disappointed that the giant robot statue isn't Numidium though. :(
    Abeille wrote: »
    If I was a slave and some assassin jumped on my master, I wouldn't stay around to help.

Okay maybe I would want to watch him die. But what if the assassin came after me, then? Nah, better run back to Black Marsh and throw a party.

I like this plan.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would I be able to purchase Naryu Journal Seperately?? I already pre-ordered the Digital Collectors Edition Upgrade but I reeeeaaally want to read that Journal. :s
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Clutch wrote: »
    Minor pet peeve here but notice how the warden's hand placement on his greatsword is close together? Back during one of the first gameplay trailers, we saw a nord with the same hand placement on his greatsword. The problem is that in game, the player's hand placement is spaced out along the hilt. What gives? Is there an issue with differentiating great axe and hammers from the greatsword - animation wise?

I just want my nightblade to have close-hand placement when he holds his claymore! D:

Animating playable 3d models and CGI movies are different sides of a coin, and could be two (or more) different animators working cinematic vs the game, and you also have complete control over how things work in a CGI movie, as opposed to moveable/posable/playable 3d models that players have a knack for breaking/doing unexpected things with: this is most likely why you see differences.

When it comes to swords vs hammers and axes, yes. They would be swung differently in real life and as such, real life sets the bar for what would appear to look normal in the game. Adjustments would be made so that they could re-use the animation but keep a bit of the feel of normalcy, and intended animation.

ok so im gunna say it...
    MOAR CGI ELDER SCROLLS MOVIES
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    also more Aerial fight styles.

why cant i parkour my way through Tamriel??

Quen can do it and she doesnt even have a dad.
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
  • Taraezor
    Taraezor
    ✭✭✭
    I am okay with the Grand Master appearing to be "cowardly".

To my eyes, he was cunning and not cowardly.

Like any villain, he is biding his time. Perhaps luring the heroes into a trap. Perhaps assessing his opponents' strengths before striking. And so on.

If anything, the video has made me very curious about this Grand Master. And of course the others we saw in the video.

While some of us may have been disappointed by the apparent weakness of the Grand Master, the disappointment for me was that I didn't see more of the bear and what it is capable of doing.

I am used to playing pets in other MMO type games and used to have control over a small selection of the pet's abilities or else being able to place the pet into an "auto" mode. I was really hoping for more of the bear to have been fleshed out.

And as a matter of public record, seeing as when we bother to post it is usually to have a dig at the publisher: "job well done" for the video. You sold me!
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    169d2d51a3b995a9fee805f5968297ba.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article A Closer Look at the Morrowind Announcement Trailer. From the return of an old friend to the debut of a powerful new class, there are many unique details in the trailer. Did you catch them all?

sorry what was this thread about?

I was to busy checking out Mr dream boat... ahem i mean the ferocious looking bear!
  • Taraezor
    Taraezor
    ✭✭✭
    Well I had a closer look. Referencing the 3:57 trailer, to be clear.

At 1:57 the Warden has an interesting frost style knock back ability. Is that a straight line knock back where the knocked back mob will cause damage to others along its 20 yard path? Warden... so probably chilled (i.e. slowed) or frozen (i.e. stunned) rather than damaged. The video showed the knocked back baddie destroyed though.

The Warden "stomped" at the same time as the bear. Coincidence? The Bear stomps independently. Small zone Area of Effect? Stun? Or is it like a ripping earthquake style wave pulsing outwards and damaging, with reduced damage through to zero at about 20 yards?

Was that an icy kind of bubble enveloping the heroes as it protected them tom a fire attack, near the end? Nice.

Yeah a "bubble" would be a warden kind of thing. Defensive and all.

Now the bear flung a critter towards the Warden and the Warden sliced it apart. Just for the cinematic effect? Or could it be... the bear is able to, from 30 yards away, engage in melee and thin fling an opponent towards the warden's feet for the Warden to dispatch as is the Warden's wont?

If so then that is a nice take on the "grab an opponent from x yards away" and "pull it into melee" effect!

I noticed our Assassin has a SINGLE short blade in her hand. Some RPG games have an assassin dual wielding.

In the 3:57 trailer I watched, at 1:10 she held it in her LEFT hand. Prior to that in her RIGHT hand. Nearing 1:20, by the way, the bear comes in for the save.

So an auto function or selected function of the bear is to "target" nearest ally with greatest threat and (1) attack the mob (2) take all/most of that threat? Nice. 1:22 was where the bear flung that mob to the warden.

1:28 to 1:31 the warden is holding his sword with both hands pretty much together. Fist over fist. There is another technique I didn't see him use and which gives greater "fine" control with the hands spaced apart and which we'd often see in duals in movies. This seemed to be a cleave kind of effect in the video.

1:41 to 1:44 seems to confirm to me that it is a very heavy sword needing the two hands together just to lift it. No fancy swirls at close range with a lighter sword.

Noticed the assassin has a nice sideways dodge. But we can do that now pretty much anyway. How will this be better with her?

At 2:03 / 2:04 what was that electrical thing the assassin threw?

At 2:14 the warden appeared to be loading up a really massive ultimate, causing a massive explosion.

This to me means that the bear can always be summoned and is not an occasional use thing for when sufficient "points" are up on an ultimate. The bear as its own skill tree would be cool.

• bovardjeff_ESO
    bovardjeff_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO Lets consider for a min that they are offering a GREY BEAR for wardens with preorder.........that means they are gonna change how pets work most likely as we have no way to CUSTOMIZE combat pets as it is now!
    well prob get a combat pet section that will enable permenant pets (until they die). Also i must know WERE THOSE ARGONIANS SHADOWSCALES? if so they were cowards :expressionless:
  • stumpy999
    stumpy999
    ✭✭✭
    I like it when they do the CGI mini trailers. I'm looking forward to playing Morrowind

Not sure that this trailer had the quality of the originals, but it was cool enough and much missed

Slightly worried about them including all the old morrowind content, as it sounds like 30 hours game play with 25 hours of a repeat of the game I bought almost a decade ago. Willing to suspend disbelief but in an arena where content is king the reskinning old content can be dangerous. Let's see how they do it.

As to the class, I'm up for a re-roll :)

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    169d2d51a3b995a9fee805f5968297ba.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article A Closer Look at the Morrowind Announcement Trailer. From the return of an old friend to the debut of a powerful new class, there are many unique details in the trailer. Did you catch them all?

sorry what was this thread about?

I was to busy checking out Mr dream boat... ahem i mean the ferocious looking bear!

Oh yes, yes... Maybe we could uhh... Have a chat with this Warden in game? About bears. Just out of curiosity... For bears, really. Yeah.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.