The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Morrowind armor analysis [screenshots]

Faulgor
Faulgor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Edit: Updated! One of the styles has been confirmed as Hlaalu!

The armor styles of Morrowind are iconic for the whole TES franchise, so I think it would warrant its own thread to discuss what we know so far.

The Morag Tong style will likely (finally) show up.

u1O88ch.png

However, Naryu's armor shown in the trailer and in the screenshot below is not "Morag Tong" style.
It's most likely a costume, as you can tell by the seamless integration of armor parts.

ViAFZ8G.jpg

The following screeenshot is a headscratcher.
It appears to be light Morag Tong armor in cut and style (see concept art above).
However, it bears the emblem of house Redoran.
MW-banner-House_Redoran.png

Plfbek2.png

This would suggest that there are armor styles associated with the Great Houses.
Taking a closer look at other screenshots, the rounded pauldrons of the Gah-Julan bonemold style.
MW-item-Gah-Julan_Bonemold_Armor_Male.jpg

The style has since been confirmed as Hlaalu style.
HgN5dCP.jpg

The following screenshot shows the Hlaalu style very prominently.

C3x-UegWcAAmF6O.jpg

Both screenshots also feature classic bonemold style helmets.
The one in the next screenshots also has spikes on top, suggesting heavy/medium variants again.
Alongside is a shield of an uncertain house. The shape would fit either Redoran or Hlaalu.
The armor with the tabard has been seen in several screenshots, but cannot be identified as belonging to a certain house or armor weight.

DsjKxZi.png

Next, we can spot the Telvanni Emblem on the shield of the character on the right.
MW-banner-House_Telvanni.png

3zBIOYj.png

The same armor is visible in the next screenshot on the character on the right.
Notice the rounded elements on the shin guards compared to those on the character to the left, who most likely wears a variant of the Hlaalu style seen in previous screenshots.

TBlNSpu.jpg

The armor is visible once more in this screenshot, this time with a helmet.
The style is difficult to associate with a house. It could be Telvanni by association with the shield in a previous screenshot.
However, the helmet by itself most closely resembles the Redoran Watchman's helm from TES3.
MW-item-Special_Light_Helms.jpg

Cy5rLVx.jpg

Overall, there are at least three discernable styles. One that resembles classic bonemold and has been confirmed as Hlaalu, the one seen in the last screenshot, and the known Morag Tong style.
Some house emblems appear on some of these armors, but it is difficult to establish a clear link between the styles and the houses.

If you have anything to add or object to, please reply!
Edited by Faulgor on February 4, 2017 2:45PM
Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    nice post, man!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect if there's ever an Ashlander Motif, it'll show up in Vvardenfell. They've already had at least one piece drop in it, I think it was the quest with the Ghost Snake tribe?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Evi1ution
    Evi1ution
    Didn't even think of any of this. Nice job spotting this
    “There are just some things that are outside of comprehension, even if we can quantify them. At some point, science becomes magic.”
    ― Jay Hosking, on Quantum Mechanics
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect if there's ever an Ashlander Motif, it'll show up in Vvardenfell. They've already had at least one piece drop in it, I think it was the quest with the Ghost Snake tribe?

They made costumes for it, so idk if they will still make a motif
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is also a soul shriven motif and 3 costume as far as i know
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is also a soul shriven motif and 3 costume as far as i know

True, didn't think about that. I have the costumes so I won't have to worry about farming, at least :tongue:
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Red Mountain set is in Ashlander style. I also believe the motif has been datamined, so we might eventually see it somewhere.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    ashlander is morrowind! I can't wait to be able to craft it!
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    these look to be high quality skyrimeske quality screenshots, not original morrowind.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naryu! Light armor Morag Tong
    c_8yBrCqzTs.jpg
    Edited by LaerothKeykalyn on February 5, 2017 11:21AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naryu! Light armor Morag Tong
    c_8yBrCqzTs.jpg

Wonder why it have Redoran emblem on it. Also wonder if there will be armor of House Dagoth. It would be so cool. @ZOS_GinaBruno can you reveal us if it will be in-game pleeease :) ?
    Judging from this screen and screen in first post - it seems some kind of tabard. As on 1st picture she have cleavage, on this last screen this cleavage removed with clother part and emblem on it. It also somekind a bit different but than why morag tong wear redoran armor..
    Edited by Cinbri on February 5, 2017 12:22PM
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lets just hope they fix the barrel chest for female >>
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

The Red Mountain set is in Ashlander style. I also believe the motif has been datamined, so we might eventually see it somewhere.

also...prior to One Tam when you could get special drops from Dolmens in Cyro there was a set called Voidgod (or something like that as I can't quite remember) which was Ashlander. I recall the head piece had that full cover over the front of it.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Telvanni style has been confirmed.

This means we're still lacking Redoran, although its emblem can be seen on that Morag Tong style light armor.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This means we're still lacking Redoran, although its emblem can be seen on that Morag Tong style light armor.

I thought that helmet would be the Redoran Watchman's Helmet, maybe he is confused?
    latest?cb=20120513141339

The Telvanni clearly need a cephalopod helm.
    latest?cb=20120402145210

Also, what is a Telvanni guard doing in Balmora?
    Edited by MythicEmperor on February 7, 2017 7:35PM
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought that helmet would be the Redoran Watchman's Helmet, maybe he is confused?
    latest?cb=20120513141339

latest?cb=20120402145210

I thought so too. Now I'm really curious what Redoran helmets are going to look like?

And I'm crossing my fingers we'll get a Cephalopod helmet as a costume piece. Please.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

latest?cb=20120513141339

latest?cb=20120402145210

I thought so too. Now I'm really curious what Redoran helmets are going to look like?

And I'm crossing my fingers we'll get a Cephalopod helmet as a costume piece. Please.

That would be amazing! I just hope that the post is a blunder, because I can't see a Telvanni wearing a Redoran-styled helm.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭

latest?cb=20120513141339

latest?cb=20120402145210

It's all moot to me. I want molecrab armor, complete with full crab-on-head helmet.

I also want the Dreugh armor from Morrowind. I can't want to hear people asking if they can buy some "Drew Armor."