Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How do Fighter's Guild Skills scale?

LionheartRichard
LionheartRichard
✭✭✭
I want to use Fighter's Guild skills in my undead hating Restoration Priest/Paladin character, as aesthetically they are a match made in Aetherius on paper. Using Turn Undead, Silver Bolts and Dawnbreaker alongside Vampire's Bane, Solar Barrage and Sun Shield are a perfect fit. However, in practice, Templar skills are magicka skills and Fighter's Guild skills are Stamina. How badly would I be gimping myself if my Magicka Priest/Paladin used Fighter's Guild skills alongside his Templar ones?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct...if you use a stamina based fighters guild ability on a magic character, the hits would be massively handicapped. I want to say that my silver bolts would hit 1/4 as hard on my magplar as my stamplar.

I'd love for the guild lines to always have a magic morph and stam morph. It makes sense...why wouldn't a Templar join the fighters guild to kick undead butt? But...no.

Of course...magplars have skills that are quite close to those in their class skill lines. Reflective light vs silver bolts, descent sweep vs dawnbreaker, etc.
  • Veraen
    Veraen
    ✭✭
    Take a look at the five piece set bonus on the Pelinal's Aptitude armor set. It could boost your weapon damage up to be equal to your spell damage, which would probably boost the damage of those fighter's guild skills. Seems like a match made in heaven to me!
    Veræn → XB1/NA
  • Druwe
    Druwe
    I do agree tho - how bout some Mag love???
    Druwe

K P Ciranwe - Templar Heals - Aldmeri Dominion - 561+CP -NA/PC

"The curse of much knowledge is often indecision."- Parthuurnax