Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

So just so I'm clear before I consider pre-ordering the Morrowind Expansion.

InnocentOfCrime
Hi, I just wanted to confirm that pre-order price for the expansion is its final cost.

Basically will the price drop a bit after a few days to weeks or, baring a sale, will it remain $39.00 to upgrade forever?

Secondly, a friend told me that just upgrading comes with the regular DLC's? Was he confused, because when I looked at the announcement post I couldn't find where it mentioned this?
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    $39.99 is the price for the basic upgrade expansion. It is not a DLC so you won't be able to access it with Plus+ membership

Orsinium DLC is still 3000 crowns ($30 USD).

The base game will drop in price, but all DLCs have remained the same price individually, and is cheaper in the Guilds & Glory bundle.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on February 1, 2017 8:55PM
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a disc-based game, so unlike the DLCs that are sold direct zos sells these to retailers and retailers set the price for resell. So it could definitely go on sale.

As a benchmark, on Amazon ESO Gold Edition on PS4 retails for $59.99. It's been as low as $24.99, but only for an xmas sale, and most times it's on sale it goes for $40-$50.

Being disc-based, you will also be able to buy it used. This can be a risk...the game itself transfers, but if there are bonus dlc stuff w codes these do not. However, used sellers will usually specify if the dlc in intact. I wanted "any race any alliance" and bought the explorer edition for $8 used with a note from the seller the codes were unused, and they were indeed valid.

But saving money means waiting...the game will likely for full price for several weeks after release.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just upgrading to Morrowind DOES NOT include the previous DLCs. You must do one of the following

1. Subscribe or
    2. Buy the guilds and glory pack or
    3. Buy each dlc separately from the crown store

Prices on games drop and go on sale like all other items in a store, not for a few months or only on holidays. It's perfectly possible, but unlikely, that the preorder price will drop before June. Usually you have to wait until a sale. If you plan on buying s physical copy, buy one from a retailer that has a coupon or a membership or take some gift cards. You could also wait for the Steam summer sale, but I've never seen new unreleased games get major discounts.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price to buy it from ZOS will likely remain the same forever.

But it's being sold to other retailers, who get to set their own prices. They will almost certainly drop the price over time. But that could be weeks after release it or it could be months. If you want it early on you're going to have to pay full price, or close to it, so you may as well pre-order it and get the bonuses.

Secondly I think your friend is confused. If you don't already own ESO you can buy Morrowind and the base game bundled together for slightly more than the upgrade price, but that won't get your the DLC. If you buy the upgrade version then you only get Morrowind.

Maybe they're mixing it up with the Gold Edition which was released a few months ago and does include the DLC.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"