Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Are we able to craft set items?

ESOUser0x00
ESOUser0x00
✭✭✭
If not crafting is pretty useless, isn't it?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sets are located throughout Tamriel. Most sets can be found in each alliance's territory. There are some sets in the DLC zones that are unique, as in the is the only station.

Each set will require an X amount of traits to have been researched before you can craft.

There is a separate tab to craft the set armor.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a separate tab to craft the set armor.

This bit is important. I think everyone has at some point accidentally created normal armour by not selecting the right tab - be careful!

They really should just remove the option to make normal weapons/armour at these locations... or at least make them the not-default tab!

PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Siliziumdioxid
    Siliziumdioxid
    ✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »

They really should just remove the option to make normal weapons/armour at these locations... or at least make them the not-default tab!

Crafting the set of the location is already the default option and they shouldn't remove the option to create normal gear.
    Guild: Ancaria
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »

Crafting the set of the location is already the default option and they shouldn't remove the option to create normal gear.

Not on Console, it isn't. It still defaults to the generic armor/weapon. If this different on the PC GUI then this should be ported to the Controller GUI ASAP ...
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @IwakuraLain42 very odd... yeah on PC the default is set to the crafting station gear not the normal gear
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Crafting.
    Staff Post
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's weird that they would have that on PC but not Console :-(.

But why not remove the option? Who travels halfway across a zone to a crafting station to make normal gear? It should always be possible in towns - but it's not necessary to have them on crafted sets.

I'm not going to complain if they leave them there - I just wonder why you specifically want to keep it?
    PS4 - EU

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AdamBourke occasionally ( if im not going 5/5/2 for sets and going 5/5/1 ) ill quickly make the single piece at the crafting location that im currently at ... thats only if im not using dw or s&b for the build ... usually only when going destro/resto
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting or crafted sets if you may, are severely underwhelming if you compare them with the plethura of new sets that came with 1T. Crafted sets need a complete revamp/overhaul becasue 80% if not more of the crafted sets are weak/dont make sense. (pvp pov)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @W0lf_z13 but... it wouldnt harm you to have the single piece actually be in the same set? If you have 5/6 for sets , that's the same as 5/5/1 - am I wrong?

Disclaimer: I know very little about Endgame meta. or even midgame meta...
    PS4 - EU

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AdamBourke OCD i guess lol ... just bugs me to have 6 of a set
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on February 1, 2017 2:00PM

• AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @W0lf_z13 well I can definitely respect that answer! OK, Ive changed my mind. Im happy for them to stay. Thanks for an actual, reasonable discussion!
    PS4 - EU

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BUT THEN AGAIN...

a prompt for "you are about to craft a non-set piece" at least once on those tables would be nice.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."