The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Morrowind & PS4

lillybit
lillybit
✭✭✭✭✭
I currently play on PS4 with a physical copy. I can play it on any account, on any playstation. I just need to take the disc. Everyone in the family can play on their own account. But I only sub on my main account so only get the DLC's on that one.

So if I buy a physical copy of Morrowind, does that mean it'll also be available on any playstation account? If so, it's totally worth not getting it through subs/crownstore!

I'm really hoping this is the case as it isn't available through the crownstore. If It ends up just being a normal disc with an unlock code, there is really no good reason why it won't be in the CS and I'll end up with a third completely useless copy of the same game.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere - the posts that might have this info are so long I couldn't find anything in them!
PS4 EU

Best Answer

• O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're asking if you buy the physical copy of Morrowind you can play it on any account on any console?

If so, then yes, of course.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
    Answer ✓
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    My boyfriend and I are wondering the exact same thing as we are on PS4 aswell. Hopefully an answer soon :)
  • theultimatewarrior
    Did u guys get ur answear n when is this update for Morrowind
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't get morrowind through subs or crownstore anyways...
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @Darlon stated, Morrowind is not and will never be available through subs or Crown Store... all 'chapters' will require a separate purchase, and they expect to offer one 'chapter' per year.
    Edited by ADarklore on May 16, 2017 8:58AM
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    No answer yet from zos but we are aware ita not avail via crownstore, that wasnt the question in the original post.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It hasn't been clear but at this point I'm assuming it will be a code packaged with the base game, that will only apply to one account. So I'll have yet another copy of the base game.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm annoyed, but if they're going to market and sell something as a PS4 game (and they've said it will work as a standalone which implies a game) it should act like one and work for anyone who plays it - £50 for a game with no resale value because the important part was a code? Hmmm
    PS4 EU
  • MNsnowtaTy
    MNsnowtaTy
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully I'm answering what you're asking.

Morrowind is a entirely separate game, so if you've already got ESO right now, you just need to purchase either the digital download for one system at $39.99, or purchase a hard copy at $59.99. Both allow you to play on your main system, however, the disc copy for $59.99 should act just how your current copy of ESO works. You would need to have ESO or purchase a copy with the Morrowind upgrade. New players will just be able to jump right into Morrowind to start their adventures.

Only two options don't come with the base game of ESO. The digital collector's edition upgrade and the Morrowind upgrade.

Since you sub, obviously you'll still have all that access on any system as that is tied to your account.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite, just wanted to know if Morrowind would work like a regular PS4 game that you can play on any user account or console as long as you have the disc, the same as the base game.

Or will it act (even tho it's actually a chapter and will never be in the crownstore) like a DLC in that it's activated with a code and can only be played by one user?
    PS4 EU
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    You're asking if you buy the physical copy of Morrowind you can play it on any account on any console?

If so, then yes, of course.

Thank you that was what I wanted to know! :)
    PS4 EU
  • ravendies
    ravendies
    ✭✭✭
    That is messed up! My wife bought a digital copy hoping to get me back into the game after years off. If we had known we had to buy the physical copy in order for us both to play then we would have bought it. Now we are stuck. Morrowind was always my favorite Elder Scrolls but I refuse to pay more money knowing that I could have just made one purchase for the both of us.
    Any word on a possible solution, @ZOS_GinaBruno?
    I don't expect the other dlc to be this way, which I already bought all of them, but this just doesn't seem right to me.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    I was told by zos that each eso account needs their own copy of morrowind purchasing.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    I have it and my partner has no access to it.
  • ravendies
    ravendies
    ✭✭✭
    If it is digital you both need a copy but not if you buy the disc. We had no way of knowing this as every other game we have on ps4 we both have access to all dlc purchased.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nikigwil wrote: »
    No answer yet from zos but we are aware ita not avail via crownstore, that wasnt the question in the original post.

It was answered But also addressed waaaay back for ESO Gold edition discs vs Digital. 2016 early part of the year at release.

Later....Jan 2017 Go to the news section in the forums or the main website. There are two articles about this....one from Matt F and one from Gina or Jessica

It's an add-on seen on the console just like you may see Destiny Rise of Iron....the difference is depending on the retail store, it's a code or on the disc. For Morrowind similar to ESO: Gold discs, the DRM is found on the disc, however if a retailer provides an ESO disc with a Morrowind code, that digital add-on will not extend to anyone other than the owner

Most developer forum mods will not know and the content developers won't either. Their merchandise person would know but they aren't likely using the forums cause their job is interacting with stores and seemingly no one we've met knows who this person is as seemingly they are in the Bethesda office not ZeniMax
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 7, 2017 8:56PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501