Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Could someone explain named items to me?

LIIVI
LIIVI
Hi guys, I'm quite new so sorry if this is a silly question. I just finished a quest that awarded a named item at my current level (44). As far as I'm aware there are no other ways of getting that item, making it one-per-character. So when my character levels up that item is going to stay at level 44 and quickly become useless- does that mean there's no way of using that named item once I'm a higher level? Or is there some way of replacing it with an appropriate level version? Although I appreciate that named versions of items are no stronger than regular ones, it would still be nice to be able to use them. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, when you get a unique item, it stays the way it was when you got it, there's no way of up-leveling it.

Which is why some people will put off certain quests until they are at max rank CP160 to make sure the quest rewards won't become completely useless to them.
    :smile:
    Edited by SirAndy on February 1, 2017 1:18AM
    Answer ✓