Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Enchanted Weapons

Kane_Zero
Kane_Zero
Soul Shriven
Is there a way to "repair" enchanted weapons? I'm no talking about just recharging it. As I use an enchanted weapon it's DPS and enchantment damage are decreasing. I assumed recharging it with a soul crystal would bring it back to its original condition, but instead it's still in its degraded form. Am I missing something?
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the weapon you're using is underleveled.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kane_Zero wrote: »
    Is there a way to "repair" enchanted weapons? I'm no talking about just recharging it. As I use an enchanted weapon it's DPS and enchantment damage are decreasing. I assumed recharging it with a soul crystal would bring it back to its original condition, but instead it's still in its degraded form. Am I missing something?

There should be what looks like a health bar on your weapon if it is enchanted. Once the charge runs out, you can right click on it to charge it, but you need a full soul gem to do it. Unlike armor, you never need to repair your weapons. Just keep them charged. If on PC, there is a great addon called Alpha Gear that does it for you (and a whole lot more).

Edit: Also, with the way combat leveling works, the further you get a away from your gear level, the weaker you become. So if you are a level 10 in level 10 gear, you should feel pretty strong. But a level 20 in level 10 gear will be weaker. That could be a problem. Its one of the main drawbacks of the system, as you can tend to feel weaker as you gain levels. Once you hit level 50, this goes away.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on January 31, 2017 10:20PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the weapon you're using is underleveled.
    ^^^ This

As you level to 50, keeping your gear at your character level is important, otherwise you will lose stats.
    (Well, you lose some anyways, but that's another topic)
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on January 31, 2017 10:41PM
  • Kane_Zero
    Kane_Zero
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reply's. So the weapon in question is a level 10 bound mace that did 1092 damage and had a frozen weapon enchantment that did 2000 cold damage. I got it as a quest reward right as my char reached level 10. As I used it the damage decreased to 1072 and enchanted damage to 1742. This was at about 40% charge and in this time I gained one level. I filled a soul crystal and charged the weapon assuming it's damage would go back up, but it didn't. Is the drop in damage really due to being one level over the weapons level? That seems a bit steep.

I noticed this has happen to multiple weapons I've had and one dropped 60 damage before I just got rid of it because it was quite weak at that point. I am playing in a PS4 if that changes anything.
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. After one Tamriel, this is how scaling works.
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kane_Zero wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply's. So the weapon in question is a level 10 bound mace that did 1092 damage and had a frozen weapon enchantment that did 2000 cold damage. I got it as a quest reward right as my char reached level 10. As I used it the damage decreased to 1072 and enchanted damage to 1742. This was at about 40% charge and in this time I gained one level. I filled a soul crystal and charged the weapon assuming it's damage would go back up, but it didn't. Is the drop in damage really due to being one level over the weapons level? That seems a bit steep.

I noticed this has happen to multiple weapons I've had and one dropped 60 damage before I just got rid of it because it was quite weak at that point. I am playing in a PS4 if that changes anything.

Ok look at it this way.

Before 1t...

At lvl 20 with lvl 20 gear you fought lvl 20 enemies and your level 20 damage/gear did fine.

But at level 32, if your gear was still lvl 20 while fighting lvl 32 enemies you would be having trouble doing damage etc.

In 1T now...

It works the same way now - same overall result - but since the enemy level is always the same, what happens is they adjust your underleveled gear values.3

So the numbers shown are less intuitive than one might hope but the net result is the same - if you dont keep getting gear at your level as you level, your net result will be worse and worse the more the gap widens and that will be most obviously shown on your gear stats.

Still what many do is to not worry all that much about gear during levels 3-50 ish, upgrading every 10 levels or so for efficiency and gathering drop set pieces at your levels along the way if they fit your build.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."