The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Features for ESO Plus Members?

mrfrontman
mrfrontman
✭✭✭✭
Hello, I've been wanting to subscribe for a while now, but the only reason I want to is for the ability to be able to dye your costume and hat. I don't really see anything else you offer for ESO Plus members appealing. I guess the craft bag is kind of okay for some inventory space, but that's about it. It honestly doesn't make me want to say "Okay, I'll be happy to give $15 a month for this". There's nothing really USEFUL for ESO Plus members. I mean sure, you're giving 1,500 Crowns every month, but I may as well just be buying 1,500 crowns for $15 when I feel like I need them.

Could we perhaps get some new and better features? I'm not asking for anything absurd, or anything that would make this game pay to win in any shape or form. At least some extra features that people could find really useful. Some ideas for ESO Plus members:

Extra materials from Hirelings.
Access to ESO Plus Members Only mounts.
Ability to use Wayshrine from your map without fee's.
Small % bonus to merchant sales.
Monthly Gems for Crown Crates
Slightly more Monthly Crowns, to outweigh the premium we pay of $15 a month which feels like it's just for the crowns instead of being an ESO Plus member.
5-10% Cheaper repairs from merchants.
Weekly rewards (Materials, Random Motifs and chapters, experience scrolls.. etc)
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrfrontman wrote: »
    I mean sure, you're giving 1,500 Crowns every month, but I may as well just be buying 1,500 crowns for $15 when I feel like I need them.

FYI the 5500 crown pack semi-regularly goes on sale for something in the 30-40% region. It varies by country.

Many items in the store seem to be priced according to that best possible price you can get crowns for, eg. the 4500 crown elk mount - $19 at the best price or $45 at the worst (eg. ESO plus).
    Slightly more Monthly Crowns, to outweigh the premium we pay of $15 a month which feels like it's just for the crowns

Given the poor dollar to crown conversion rate, it really isn't about crowns. The main advantage of ESO Plus is the crafting bag.

Though that is problematic. It is almost certainly the reason why housing doesn't have storage. If houses have storage, most players would LOVE that and it would make perfect sense. But it would also remove what is currently the main benefit of subscribing.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra materials from Hirelings.
    Not something I support, the skills within the game should work the same no matter your subscription status.
    Access to ESO Plus Members Only mounts.
    Possibly, but generally we get the "free" crowns to buy more things than others any way.
    Ability to use Wayshrine from your map without fee's.
    This is actually a really nice idea. It's a nice ease of life change which doesn't break the game.
    Small % bonus to merchant sales.
    Nope. We already get 10% more gold from drops, no need to increase the value of items as well. This would also create a scenario where ESO plus players could buy drops at cost from players for 40g then vendor trash it for 44g.
    Monthly Gems for Crown Crates
    I would like this, however it would devalue the crates themselves which I don't think ZOS want at all. The argument could be made that your "free" crowns are used to make gems via purchasing crates.
    Slightly more Monthly Crowns, to outweigh the premium we pay of $15 a month which feels like it's just for the crowns instead of being an ESO Plus member.
    There is room for argument here that they could do this, however at current you're getting the crowns per month as said with additional benefits.
    5-10% Cheaper repairs from merchants.
    Possibly, however it would devalue the champion point star (which no one uses).
    Weekly rewards (Materials, Random Motifs and chapters, experience scrolls.. etc)
    Nope. This just devalues items within the game even more and makes items sold via the crown store less appealing. While I don't like the crown store it is an evil which keeps Wrobel paid, won't you please think of the Wrobels?

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    Im eso plus subscriber and i highly disagree with extra hireling items etc.

I dont want them to add this kind of things like here is a skill but if you become eso plus member you will get buffed skill.

However i agree with 30-day crown exclusive mounts, pets, repair discount etc and some suprises maybe some crates per month or

Something like atlas that will make you able to teleport any wayshire in tamriel for free maybe. I mean 100~ gold is nothing but you know little nice touch for eso plus members