The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamsorc VMA help PLEASE!! Build advice? CP398

firefighterGONZO
I've been working hard to put together a build for VMA. I was wondering what more should I do. my gear. I realize the most common theme here is time in VMA will make me better, but I'd love to improve my build more to make things a little easier. I'm at 398CP, I could also use some help with CP placement for optimal performance. I currently run 5 nmg and 5 Leviathan for crit, Velidreth x2, and use the shadow mundus because Leviathan gives me almost all crit.
*all purple
WEAPON 1 - NMG dagger sharpened
OFF HAND - Leviathan dagger precise
WEAPON 2 - NMG bow sharpened
HEAD - Velidreth/medium/well-fitted
CHEST - NMG/divines
SHOULDERS -Velidreth/heavy/divines
GLOVES - NMG/divines
BELT Leviathan/divines
LEGS - NMG/divines
BOOTS NMG/divines
NECKLACE Leviathan/Robust/WD enchant
RING Leviathan/WD enchant
RING Leviathan/WD enchant

18k health 32k stam 62%crit 3100 WD
Mundus:Shadow

Bar 1 Crit surge, Blood Craze, Bound Armaments, Rapid Strikes, Hurricane Ult: Flawless Dawnbreaker

Bar 2 Endless Hail, Poison Injection, Bound Armaments, Rearming trap, Resolving Vigor

Thank you guys for your time - GONZO
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can go farm vicious ophidian. That set is a must have for stamina classes in vma. Your setup is good but you'll have problems with sustain and mobility. If you really want to stick with your setup I'd say use 2 sharpened weapons rather than 1 sharpened 1 precise.
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Golding out your weapons will give you about 200 extra weapon damage. You can switch Blood Craze for the other morph because you get plenty of healing through crit surge and vigor. As said above VO is very nice for vMA, not really a must have, but it does make things way easier.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• firefighterGONZO
    souravami wrote: »
    If you can go farm vicious ophidian. That set is a must have for stamina classes in vma. Your setup is good but you'll have problems with sustain and mobility. If you really want to stick with your setup I'd say use 2 sharpened weapons rather than 1 sharpened 1 precise.

That's what I'm currently working on, i do have a trials guild that runs them twice a week, but it's hard to find a group sometimes. And as for the daggers, I'll keep farming then, so far I've gotten two dagger drops, one powered, one precise. Thanks for your reply brotha.

• firefighterGONZO
    Danksta wrote: »
    Golding out your weapons will give you about 200 extra weapon damage. You can switch Blood Craze for the other morph because you get plenty of healing through crit surge and vigor. As said above VO is very nice for vMA, not really a must have, but it does make things way easier.

Nice, I did not know that. I'll farm some rubedite ore then. Rending slashes will be an easy fix I have that already leveled. Thanks for the reply.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

EDIT: DO NOT CHANGE BLOOD CRAZE like the silly person suggested you'll need all the healing you can get. (sorry for calling you silly but it's accurate)

You're new so you need to make some very important changes.

1. Get rid of dawnbreaker no point trying to be a hero (you're not) yet. - Equip Rend dual wield ulti 16 second heal it will save your ass big time.
    2. Ultimate on back bar will be surpression field for a few reasons, 1. It nullifies trolls on round 7 COMPLETELY, 2. It will stop ALL mobs (mostly) for a period of 10 seconds + allowing you to get out of some nasty spots. 3. CG on round 9 WONT breath fire on you when its placed down before they engage!
    3. Your armour is fine, I've done a score run in blue training gear so you're setup is more that ok. VO is ultimately the goal or should be for you.
    4. Your crit sorry to say, is too low, you have only 2 options 1 you run power pots... with crit... which I wouldn't suggest due to it's going to be a complete waste. 2. You can get rid of bound and slot evil hunter on each bar back and front to bump you to 76% (ish).

CP.

Now this is where people go wrong (heaps).

Green:

80 Into cost reduction
    The Rest into recovery ( - 10 into tenactiy ) again, you're new you'll want to heavy attack to obtain your stam those 10 points are a bloody life saver.

Blue:

100 Into Mighty
    Rest into Therm

I've tested this is the best results I ever saw in over 500 + runs

Red:

From 1 to the start of 7 do this:

70 hardy, 70 elemental ( rest into thick ) give or take 10 right.

At the begining of 7 you'll want to take 20 from each hardy and elemental and put into thick skin to equal something like 35-40 points.
    We make this change because 1, the DOT from BOTH lizards round 3 and boss round HURT a lot! 8, Fire pools, debuffs, minis all do DOT damage, 9 CG (but if you use my trick on a sorc they never breath fire) :open_mouth:
    And most importantly boss round 9, crystal phase DOT damage like a *%^(@.

I've helped hundreds of people... not in a massive way, but suggesting 30-40 into thick after round 7 is a game changer especially for new people!

Good luck, and if you need me let me know.

Luke
    Edited by Lukums1 on January 30, 2017 10:16PM
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Hello,

EDIT: DO NOT CHANGE BLOOD CRAZE like the silly person suggested you'll need all the healing you can get. (sorry for calling you silly but it's accurate)

1. Get rid of dawnbreaker no point trying to be a hero (you're not) yet. - Equip Rend dual wield ulti 16 second heal it will save your ass big time.
    2. Ultimate on back bar will be surpression field for a few reasons, 1. It nullifies trolls on round 7 COMPLETELY, 2. It will stop ALL mobs (mostly) for a period of 10 seconds + allowing you to get out of some nasty spots. 3. CG on round 9 WONT breath fire on you when its placed down before they engage!
    3. Your armour is fine, I've done a score run in blue training gear so you're setup is more that ok. VO is ultimately the goal or should be for you.
    4. Your crit sorry to say, is too low, you have only 2 options 1 you run power pots... with crit... which I wouldn't suggest due to it's going to be a complete waste. 2. You can get rid of bound and slot evil hunter on each bar back and front to bump you to 76% (ish).

CP.

Green:

80 Into cost reduction
    The Rest into recovery ( - 10 into tenactiy ) again, you're new you'll want to heavy attack to obtain your stam those 10 points are a bloody life saver.

Blue:

100 Into Mighty
    Rest into Therm

Red:

At the begining of 7 you'll want to take 20 from each hardy and elemental and put into thick skin to equal something like 35-40 points.
    We make this change because 1, the DOT from BOTH lizards round 3 and boss round HURT a lot! 8, Fire pools, debuffs, minis all do DOT damage, 9 CG (but if you use my trick on a sorc they never breath fire) :open_mouth:

I've helped hundreds of people... not in a massive way, but suggesting 30-40 into thick after round 7 is a game changer especially for new people!

Luke

OP this guy knows what he's talking about, he helped me (and many others) get my first clear. I still think Blood Craze is an unnecessary DPS loss, but probably best to listen to him then me.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

CP.

Green:

80 Into cost reduction

Blue:

100 Into Mighty
    Rest into Therm

Red:

Luke

I finally finished my first VMA clear on my Stamsorc last night and much of my methods included tips from @Lukums1 videos. Pay attention to what I quoted above :)

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

CP.

Green:

80 Into cost reduction

Blue:

100 Into Mighty
    Rest into Therm

Red:

Luke

OP this guy knows what he's talking about, he helped me (and many others) get my first clear. I still think Blood Craze is an unnecessary DPS loss, but probably best to listen to him then me.

Would imagine switching to the dps morph once you are more experienced works for many.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Hello,

CP.

Green:

80 Into cost reduction

Blue:

100 Into Mighty
    Rest into Therm

Red:

Luke

I finally finished my first VMA clear on my Stamsorc last night and much of my methods included tips from @Lukums1 videos. Pay attention to what I quoted above :)

@Sigtric Thank you, and congratulations.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• firefighterGONZO
    Thank you guys very much. Lukums thank you for a detailed layout, I've read a few of your posts and trust the info you are giving me. I may switch mundus stones to thief, that's what I had before and was at 76 or 79% crit. I listened to someone else and they told me that was unessasarily high, thanks for clarifying that it isn't. Unless you recommend I drop bound for evil hunter as a better option, I'm not sure.

On #3 what is CG? I'm not familiar

and Sweet! I have Rend all leveled up and I have Suppression Field, so that will be an easy fix

Good to hear I won't have to mess with my gear too much for my first run through.

Thank you guys again this really helps
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

CP.

Green:

80 Into cost reduction

Blue:

100 Into Mighty
    Rest into Therm

Red:

Luke

I meant no disrespect and did come off quite rude. New people tend to need all the healing they can get. Leaving blood craze is a good option and ultimately dropping it completely can be acceptable after a while.
    Thank you guys very much. Lukums thank you for a detailed layout, I've read a few of your posts and trust the info you are giving me. I may switch mundus stones to thief, that's what I had before and was at 76 or 79% crit. I listened to someone else and they told me that was unessasarily high, thanks for clarifying that it isn't. Unless you recommend I drop bound for evil hunter as a better option, I'm not sure.

and Sweet! I have Rend all leveled up and I have Suppression Field, so that will be an easy fix

Good to hear I won't have to mess with my gear too much for my first run through.

You're super welcome happy to help and guide people, no drama.

Crit is fine all the way to 80%, it's alot sure... but you bet your ass the healing is going to be there at 65%... it's risky trust me take it from me I rather 80 than 65, 65 can be sometimes hit and miss and in sticky situations a hit or miss chance is NOT something you want to let happen, best not to listen to the people that said oto high, for an experienced vma player sure perhaps a bit high, but even I to this day run 78% crit 45minute clears and top 30 PS4 Boards on 4 classes... you be the judge.

#3 CG - crematorial guard - breaths fire on you, but using Supression field stops this from occuring making round 9-1, 9-5 and Boss your &^*(@! :smiley:

Luke

PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

CP.

Green:

80 Into cost reduction

Blue:

100 Into Mighty
    Rest into Therm

Red:

Luke

I meant no disrespect and did come off quite rude. New people tend to need all the healing they can get. Leaving blood craze is a good option and ultimately dropping it completely can be acceptable after a while.

You're super welcome happy to help and guide people, no drama.

Crit is fine all the way to 80%, it's alot sure... but you bet your ass the healing is going to be there at 65%... it's risky trust me take it from me I rather 80 than 65, 65 can be sometimes hit and miss and in sticky situations a hit or miss chance is NOT something you want to let happen, best not to listen to the people that said oto high, for an experienced vma player sure perhaps a bit high, but even I to this day run 78% crit 45minute clears and top 30 PS4 Boards on 4 classes... you be the judge.

#3 CG - crematorial guard - breaths fire on you, but using Supression field stops this from occuring making round 9-1, 9-5 and Boss your &^*(@! :smiley:

Luke

I didn't take it as disrespectful, you were just trying to get your point across. I've been called much worse than "silly". :lol:
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• firefighterGONZO
    Awesome guys! But I did do my first run today and followed all the advise! Wow I saw a huge improvement! I got to level 3 phase 2 and there is this argonian champion mini boss that is just kicking my ass, still trying to figure out the mechanics on this one.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome guys! But I did do my first run today and followed all the advise! Wow I saw a huge improvement! I got to level 3 phase 2 and there is this argonian champion mini boss that is just kicking my ass, still trying to figure out the mechanics on this one.

Watch my recent clears it will help you heaps also I'll have all classes walkthpughs up tomorrow so check in then !
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• firefighterGONZO
    I've noticed a lot of people running caltrops, is this a good idea for me and how about more attributes into health? I'm getting bursted down in level three, should I put more into health and try 20k health/ maybe try bloodthirst instead of rapid??
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After running a few times and figuring out the mechanics, I feel pretty good at 19k.. dieing generally to mistakes and evil RNG stuff, more health would not have prevented.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caltrops can/will help in rounds where you have a lot of adds to deal with. but you have to sacrifice something else for it, and hail from your bow is usually good enough ground aoe

also just to reiterate the need for suppression field mentioned above. This was the game changer for me on the last boss specifically. I have a couple clears now, both using different methods for that last fight (when to use specific sigils, and how to clear the top level, etc) and in both cases suppression field was an absolute life saver.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on getting a few others geared up to vMA, worried the hurricane nerf will be rough next patch.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright let's address a few things.

1. HP how much is enough - 18.5k HP is enough this will stop the Bash/electric damage on 3, the 2 spheres on 4 cleave, the upper cut and ice damage on 5. Etc Ect. 18.5k HP is the sweet spot anything under this you may be up for a bad RNG death.

2. Caltrops should ONLY ever be used on a red guard, unless you have 8% return in tenacity in the green tree to regen the loss on stam. I've done it on a STAM NB (wood elf) and a STAM DK (Imperial) and it's clutch situations at the best of times.
    Removing this for let's say.... blade cloak for 20% more mitigation or even evil hunter for more crit is worth it than running out of STAM and dieing.

3. I've been telling people for months and months about suppression field and only once they saw me in my videos is when people started utalizing this to it's full extent not only will this help for flawless runs it makes a lot of the mechanics to be ignored, trolls on 7, group mob pulls, CG fire breath, Orges on 9. Amazing amazing amazing, also with endless + suppression field even full groups of adds die from the tick damage it also brings.

4. The "Nerf" on patch, there isn't one it's not going to effect you or I in vMA not even a little bit. So what they nerf the "damage"and a little % on rearming trap LOL who cares next to nothing. Hurricane nerf, oh boy 5%... you'll never notice this with endless, caltrops hurricane and your general rotation so why the freak out?
    The only people this is going to effect directly will be the poor (PC) players and their "Pretty Numbers" going out the window. We won't see a massive difference in single play for console this I promise you all.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is awesome, thanks for all the great info. I do have a question that I have never found a definite answer to.. How much physical resistance do vMA bosses have? I have heard 9k 12.5k and 18.5k...
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    All is which are correct.

The spider has the most I believe.

Running 2 Sharpen Daggers 5200 Pen + NMG 2600 + Khrags 1800 is generally plenty.

You can also put 10 points into Pen in the Blue Tree which does help a tad.

I'd keep using Veli on all stam based though as it has the amazing burst potential however Khrags next patch due to the non crit procs.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• firefighterGONZO
    Another thing that I noticed is some people are using special pots. I am currently running standard stam pots you would pick up in your local dungeon haha. Is this okay to do or is it necessary to run better pots to pass the arena?
  • firefighterGONZO
    Btw thank you guys again for taking the time to answer questions, this is very helpful and I am very grateful.
  • firefighterGONZO
    And anyone see a noticeable difference between running bloodthirst vs rapid strikes?
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thing that I noticed is some people are using special pots. I am currently running standard stam pots you would pick up in your local dungeon haha. Is this okay to do or is it necessary to run better pots to pass the arena?

I only ever use trash pots HAHA. (but I have over 1000 + runs) so that's a little difference.

In fairness if you run redguard and trash pots it's 100% fine! Other races is a little hard because you have 30 sec regen compared to like 57 seconds for regn but meh. Run with it save your money!
    And anyone see a noticeable difference between running bloodthirst vs rapid strikes?

You should only ever use rapid strikes there's never a reason to run blood, even on my stam DK where there aren't many heals... I would never run blood, rapid is way too stronk you won't need the healing promise :smiley:
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• firefighterGONZO
    Sounds like Im good to go, ill get back to you when I clear hehe
  • firefighterGONZO
    Good news hopped on today after my 3 day shift and I breezed into round 5. Now I'm stuck on the ice boss. I'm playing around with timing my sigils, which islands go first and taking out the breaker trolls. Still no victory yet though.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's all good watch my video pay close attention to when and where I do things.

You'll get it done easy
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• firefighterGONZO
    Hey so I decided to take a break from VMA and get geared up. I got all gold vicious ophidian jewelry and out two gold weapon damage enchants on to get my WD to 2590, and I got three pieces of VO not the best traits. Axe infused, boots infused and gloves reinforced. Right now I'm running
    Velidreth helm well fitted
    Velidreth shoulders heavy divines
    NMG x4 divines
    NMG dagger sharpened
    VO axe infused
    VO boots infused - stam enchant
    And x3 gold VO jewelry with x2 WD enchants

Better?

Or am I giving up too much dps with an infused axe?
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey so I decided to take a break from VMA and get geared up. I got all gold vicious ophidian jewelry and out two gold weapon damage enchants on to get my WD to 2590, and I got three pieces of VO not the best traits. Axe infused, boots infused and gloves reinforced. Right now I'm running
    Velidreth helm well fitted
    Velidreth shoulders heavy divines
    NMG x4 divines
    NMG dagger sharpened
    VO axe infused
    VO boots infused - stam enchant
    And x3 gold VO jewelry with x2 WD enchants

Better?

Or am I giving up too much dps with an infused axe?

Hey Fire.

You need 5 NMG x 2 daggers
    3 jewls VO
    2 Armor VO
    2 veli

This is the best setup.

Losing 2500 pen is not a good idea nor running axe is a good idea.

1. You lose pen.
    2. You lose crit by running axe.

Unfortunately I'd do what is suggested above.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion