Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

How long is the Cooldown on the Glyph of Weapon Damage

madeeh91rwb17_ESO
madeeh91rwb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Can anybody please tell me how long is the cooldown is on the weapon/spell damage enchant(Okori)?
And also what is the chance of it procing?

Thanks
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100% chance on light and heavy attacks only ( doesnt work with weapon skills or if its dodged or reflected) and the cooldown is 10 seconds
    Edited by Ankael07 on May 14, 2018 1:52AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt work with weapon skills?
    wow! Not very useful then

Anyway, thanks for the answer,
    And can I please ask the source for that, As I also want to see other enchantments' details
    Edited by madeeh91rwb17_ESO on January 30, 2017 2:29PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is pretty much the best weapon enchant you could get. It lasts 5 seconds and can be procced right after again.
    You always weave in light and heavy attacks between your abilities, so that shouldn't be an issue.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about DW, procs on both weps go off on light heavy attacks?
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And can I please ask the source for that, As I also want to see other enchantments' details

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Glyphs

For checking cool-downs in game, if you are on PC you can try addons like http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info655-Srendarr-AuraBuffampDebuffTracker.html

Weapon damage is quite useful, but again depends on your play style, you can go poison or disease if you are a stam character. If mag then go fire, ice or shock.
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    What about DW, procs on both weps go off on light heavy attacks?

I think you can only proc one at a time. So I guess you should run one weapon dmg and 1 crusher.
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Glyphs

For checking cool-downs in game, if you are on PC you can try addons like http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info655-Srendarr-AuraBuffampDebuffTracker.html

Weapon damage is quite useful, but again depends on your play style, you can go poison or disease if you are a stam character. If mag then go fire, ice or shock.

Yeah, forgot to mention that I dont know if above addon will work after update 13, ZOS is changing the API a little bit to stop tracking long/permanent buffs.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a little confusion and inaccuracies on weapon enchants in this thread:
    • For damage enchants the default cooldown is 4 sec.
    • For buff/debuff enchants the default cooldown is 10 sec.
    • Damage enchants are triggered by some (most?) weapon abilities. This seems to vary depending on the weapon. For example, all DW abilities seem to trigger damage enchants but all except Bloodcraze only trigger the main hand enchant (this is probably why one weapon always seems to run out of charges before the other). Destruction seems to only trigger on Crushing Shock and Destruction Touch and not the AoE abilities.
    • A DW Heavy Attack will only trigger one enchantment. If both are available to fire then it is 50-50 chance.
    • Buff/debuff enchants are only triggered by light/heavy attacks.
    • Poisons have a 20% chance to trigger on light/heavy and weapon abilities.
    • The change to buff events in update 13 won't affect tracking of your own buffs/debuffs which includes the weapon/spell enchant buff.

If you have more data on other weapons types as to which weapon abilities trigger enchantments or not let me know. The game does a really poor job at explaining enchantment details (really, it doesn't explain it at all) so documenting the details would be useful.

Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on January 30, 2017 3:31PM
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] Buff/debuff enchants are only triggered by light/heavy attacks.

Once triggered, does the damage buff apply to the abilities on the skill bar? Or just to the light and heavy attacks?
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Buff/debuff enchants are only triggered by light/heavy attacks.

Once triggered, does the damage buff apply to the abilities on the skill bar? Or just to the light and heavy attacks?

It does apply to all your abilities.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Damage enchants are triggered by some (most?) weapon abilities. This seems to vary depending on the weapon. For example, all DW abilities seem to trigger damage enchants but all except Bloodcraze only trigger the main hand enchant (this is probably why one weapon always seems to run out of charges before the other). Destruction seems to only trigger on Crushing Shock and Destruction Touch and not the AoE abilities.
    • A DW Heavy Attack will only trigger one enchantment. If both are available to fire then it is 50-50 chance.
    • The change to buff events in update 13 won't affect tracking of your own buffs/debuffs which includes the weapon/spell enchant buff.

If you have more data on other weapons types as to which weapon abilities trigger enchantments or not let me know. The game does a really poor job at explaining enchantment details (really, it doesn't explain it at all) so documenting the details would be useful.

In one of the pts patch notes I think it said wall of elements and impulse will trigger weapon enchants now
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's very useful if light/heavy attacks are every other action you do. With no cooldown it would have close to 100% uptime while in combat.
    PC | EU
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's very useful if light/heavy attacks are every other action you do. With no cooldown it would have close to 100% uptime while in combat.

Yes, i was just worried because of the first response i got: "( doesnt work with weapon skills or if its dodged or reflected)"
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anybody please tell me how long is the cooldown is on the weapon/spell damage enchant(Okori)?

Thanks
    Dracane wrote: »
    It is pretty much the best weapon enchant you could get. It lasts 5 seconds and can be procced right after again.
    You always weave in light and heavy attacks between your abilities, so that shouldn't be an issue.

The enchantment lasts 5 seconds but has a 10 second cooldown.
  • KillahBrew

Thanks

Ate you sure it's not a 4 second cool down?

One person mentioned weapon damage has 4 second cool down, and buffs have 10 second cool down.

Can anyone confirm this?
  • Thrymbauld
    Thrymbauld
    ✭✭✭
    I do not know the exact cooldown details, but it's reliable enough on the off hand that its average uptime for me is 40+% on relatively stationary fights.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KillahBrew wrote: »

Thanks

Ate you sure it's not a 4 second cool down?

One person mentioned weapon damage has 4 second cool down, and buffs have 10 second cool down.

Can anyone confirm this?

He said damage glyphs have a 4 second cooldown. As in direct damage (frost, fire, poison etc)

Weapon damage is a buff.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    its 4 sec cooldown, with infused in gold its no cooldown. procs only from light and heavy attacks. It was a simple question, which needed only facts for answer.

Its like medieval witch hunt with this game, everybody thinks and believes and the opinions vary extremely but almoust 0 facts. u can go and test it on a target sceleton and then u know and dont need to believe. I wish the facts would be provided more analytical in this game, cuase we need it, cause we need to gather all the facts alone as players. ZOS dont even know themselves most time what they are doing.
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on May 11, 2018 12:05AM
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The incorrect information here is almost as astonishing as the fervor with which people believe it, or the vitriol they defend it with.

The information is very simple.
    Increase Weapon and spell damage (self buff)
    Decrease weapon and spell damage (enemy debuff)
    Both have 10 second cool down, and 5 second duration

Everything else, all direct damage (fire, frost, shock, disease, poison...) and glyphs like shielding, absurd health, stam, mag.
    EVERYTHING else, has a cool down of 4 seconds.

The confusion here is due mostly to confusion of terms, people using terms like "uptime" interchangeably with "cooldown".

Let me explain in detail to resolve any confusion;
    The Increase Weapon and Spell Damage glyph can be made to have 100% uptime, which is what people were incorrectly and confusingly calling "no cooldown".
    With the Infused weapon trait, the 10 second cooldown (which starts the moment the glyph is triggered) can be reduced to 5 seconds - the exact length of time the buff is active - allowing it to be triggered again basically right as the effect ends.
    To put it another way, if you stand in front of a target dummy and just light attack over and over:
    Without infused, the buff will be active 50% of the time. 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off.
    With infused, it will be up 100% of the time.
    The same goes for the decrease glyph, the debuff on your enemy, but of course that only applies to one target at a time.

The REST of the glyphs, with infused, go down to about 2 seconds.
    I say "about" because it's not always in synch with your weapon swings, but if you average it out over like say, 60 seconds, the enchant will trigger about 15 times without infused, and about 30 times with infused.

All of this can be tested in-game, with or without add-ons, though it's certainly easier with them.

Hope that clears things up for you OP.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Weapon/Spell damage Glyph provides a maximum of 174 average increase. (348 x 50% uptime)

Infused Weapon/Spell damage Glyph provides a maximum of 452 average increase (452 x 100% uptime)

Also note that using Infused on dual wield off-hand will also reduce cooldown for main-hand glyph (but not increase potency).

its 4 sec cooldown, with infused in gold its no cooldown. procs only from light and heavy attacks. It was a simple question, which needed only facts for answer.

What are you talking about ?

Edit: i think you mean it has a base 10 sec cooldown which makes up for for 5 sec downtime. (and 5/0 with infused)
    Edited by Aznox on May 11, 2018 10:25AM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berserker enchant has 9 sec cooldown, not 10.
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10s
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did some testing and it seems indeed lower than 10sec.
    Earliest refresh i got over 203 light attacks was around 9.6 sec
    I don't have the courage to spend 10minutes light attacking to see how low i could get though ...

5F0j97j.png
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aznox Interesting. Thank you for your efforts in testing.
    Though I'm not sure it makes much difference, it might help to allow it to be procced again before falling off when using Infused, aiding in keeping 100% uptime for DoTs/HoTs.
    Also kind of sardonically amusing to see that Zo$ once again has a pathological aversion to just using WHOLE FKIN NUMBERS. -_-
    I mean seriously, why does EVERYTHING have to calculate off some needlessly complex and obscure, fractional, percentage, or logarithmic scaling algorithm in the game???

Off-topic but...
    They /say/ that a lot of the lag in PvP is caused by all the server-side calculations that have to be made for damage vs mitigation, scaling values vs debuffs, etc etc etc... well, maybe if they simplified some of the math!? -.-
    Edited by LinearParadox on May 13, 2018 10:04PM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha.. you nerds. J/k, you all smart people, with all your numbers. I just swing, it hits, makes some sound, l see flashing damage numbers, then all of the sudden, the target (s) dies. :smile: