The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Add-ons not showing up, Minion difficulties & different default installation path?

Shruggy
Shruggy
Soul Shriven
Hi,

I'm trying to install add-ons. I installed Minion, installed a few add-ons. They won't show up in my game.

My 'default' installation & launcher folder for ESO is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online
Inside this folder is 3 folders; "Launcher"
"The Elder Scrolls Online"
"uninstall"

The default folder for Minion add-ons to be installed is: C:\Users\Myusername\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\addons

I've tried launching the game and checking addons, I've tried reinstalling the addons through Minion, I've tried manually moving the addons from the default Minion addons folder to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online folder, I've also tried changing the default Minion install path to that folder.

I'm just not sure where to put the addons in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online though, if that is even the correct thing to be doing. I tried googling but am finding no answers. Do I just drop them straight in the Zenimax folder or something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\live\addons?

I thought using Minion was supposed to make this easy. Is this simply installation folder confusion or was there a step I missed in the beginning with Minion? I'm lost.

Please halp.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a Minion issue as I use it myself and have used it for years but my add-ons are not showing either.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The add-ons are supposed to be here (C:\Users\----\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns) not in the programs folder.
    If the add-ons are located properly and minion is linked properly, it works fine.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The add-ons are supposed to be here (C:\Users\----\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns) not in the programs folder.
    If the add-ons are located properly and minion is linked properly, it works fine.

Actually it is a minion issue. It is conflicting with microsoft onedrive and minion is creating a second documents folder and installs the addons there instead of putting the addons in the correct folder in the proper documents folder.
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »

Actually it is a minion issue. It is conflicting with microsoft onedrive and minion is creating a second documents folder and installs the addons there instead of putting the addons in the correct folder in the proper documents folder.

Not seen that minion issue before.
    The only strange behavior I've encountered is that minion somehow likes to put my addons in both live and live-eu folders even though I'm only playing on EU.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for necro this thread, but had the same problem and thought it could be useful to know how I solved it.

It is some time ago I have been playing TES ESO, so I uninstalled game from my second drive to free up some space for other games. Now I re-installed game and wanted to play. In game I could see that all my add-ons where still there (needed to allow for outdated addons to be active), so those files where store somewhere else.

As described above Minion will likely have installed add-ons on main Windows drive path, but you might have installed both Minion and ESO on another storage drive.

I couldn't see any way to update addons within Minion although it would show them as back up. The way to solve it was to completely remove Minion with "Add and Remove Programs" in Windows (you will be asked if you want to keep settings or remove them: remove them to be sure that Minion will have no old settings that can prevent from trigger a search for addons path). Next time you install Minion it will ask about where to scan for addons. You only need to let it scan main driver (C:) Same storage device where you will have Windows installed by default and where you will find "My Documents" folder among other default folders) and your second drive to be sure that it will find your addons and be able to update those. In Minions first page will now see a list of all your addons and option to update all addons in the left side (button).

Now everything should be back up and running as it used to.
  • matt.mailukb16_ESO
    daedalusAI wrote: »
    Rhoric wrote: »

Not seen that minion issue before.
    The only strange behavior I've encountered is that minion somehow likes to put my addons in both live and live-eu folders even though I'm only playing on EU.

The live-eu folder has been redundant now for ages
    Download the latest version of minion
    Change minions config to point only at the live folder
    Move your addons to the live folder and stop using live-eu
    I play on EU and have even deleted the live-eu folder, its old and not needed