The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Slow loading - CPU goes to 99%

Gromgok
Gromgok
✭✭
Hey folks,

When I try to load ESO, things go verrry slowly. I looked at task manager and my CPU is pegged at 99%. Memory usage is 64%. I have a year-old, mid-end system that is not really taxed by modern games on moderate settings. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What specific processor are you using? And is this your first time using it on this game?

I used to have this issue with a fairly old dual core of mine.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on January 30, 2017 1:44AM
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you starting the game for the first time after downloading an update? Or is this a recurring issue.

I've noticed that if I alt+tab from ESO it can start heavily loading my machine, especially if I do it during a loadscreen.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hm shouldn't matter to much on ESO should it I don't think ESO is that hard on graphics unless its on high or ultra, for some reason i don't get ultra settings with my card I guess not sure why but I have a Gtx 980 with 12.2 gb of video ram.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gromgok wrote: »
    Hey folks,

When I try to load ESO, things go verrry slowly. I looked at task manager and my CPU is pegged at 99%. Memory usage is 64%. I have a year-old, mid-end system that is not really taxed by modern games on moderate settings. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Go to your search bar, type in "dxdiag" and hit enter. Post your processor and memory from the "system" tab, and your device name under the "display 1" tab. It'll be much easier to determine the issue if we know what hardware your pc has.

hm shouldn't matter to much on ESO should it I don't think ESO is that hard on graphics unless its on high or ultra, for some reason i don't get ultra settings with my card I guess not sure why but I have a Gtx 980 with 12.2 gb of video ram.

That's strange, my PC is using a GTX 1060 6GB and I have no problems playing on Ultra settings even having twitch streams up on my second monitor. What processor/how much RAM do you have?
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

Thanks!

Go to your search bar, type in "dxdiag" and hit enter. Post your processor and memory from the "system" tab, and your device name under the "display 1" tab. It'll be much easier to determine the issue if we know what hardware your pc has.

That's strange, my PC is using a GTX 1060 6GB and I have no problems playing on Ultra settings even having twitch streams up on my second monitor. What processor/how much RAM do you have?

IC i7-6700k 4.0 ghz 16gb ram, oh didn't notice I set it to ultra high now but the other settings only go up to high I guess forgot to check
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on January 30, 2017 2:49AM
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

Thanks!

IC i7-6700k 4.0 ghz 16gb ram

Yeah that's definitely strange, since I've only got an i5-6600k and like I said, have no problems with ultra settings. Are your drivers all up to date or are you playing at 4k resolution?
    Hey folks,

Thanks!

IC i7-6700k 4.0 ghz 16gb ram, oh didn't notice I set it to ultra high now but the other settings only go up to high I guess forgot to check

Ahh, okay. Yeah despite having an "ultra" setting, I think every setting except for one only maxes out on "high" in ESO. I'd think with that rig you would have no problem running ESO with absolute max settings across the board.
    Edited by ColoursYouHave on January 30, 2017 2:54AM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

Thanks!

IC i7-6700k 4.0 ghz 16gb ram

Yeah that's definitely strange, since I've only got an i5-6600k and like I said, have no problems with ultra settings. Are your drivers all up to date or are you playing at 4k resolution?

forgot to mention I had mine on ultra high but the other settings like texture only goes up to high for some reason
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

forgot to mention I had mine on ultra high but the other settings like texture only goes up to high for some reason

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's just the way ESO names their graphics options.

My strictly inferior system is even enough that my GPU renders the game at a higher resolution then scales it back down to my monitor's resolution (not 100% sure how that process works, but my GPU says it is doing that lol), along with maxed out settings.

Edited by ColoursYouHave on January 30, 2017 2:59AM