Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Stone Giant - wrong (German) tooltip?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey there,

the German tooltip of Stone Giant (Stonefist Morph) says: Slam an enemy with solid rock to deal X Physical Damage and stun them for 3 seconds. Knocked down enemies will suffer additional damage (+100% of the damage it deals normally). Also grants Minor Resolve, which increases your Armor by 1500 for 15 seconds.

So in the German tooltip Stone Giant deals additional damage when you hit a knocked down enemy. The English tooltip doesn't have this part. I tried to do this but either I was not able to knock down enemies or the German tooltip is wrong and there is no additional damage for knocked down targets.

Can somebody clarify this please?
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Post deleted -
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 29, 2017 6:36PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I remember tootip is right. When your Giant knockdown enemy it deal him additional damage that equal to damage of skill, i.e. if your Giant CCed enemy it deal him double damage.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Stone Giant knocks down an enemy - i.e. they don't have CC immunity - it does double damage. This is on my English tooltip, wonder why it is missing from yours?

Last time I checked it was working fine, but the damage is still not great; it's more of a utility skill for long ranged CC.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't know why the tooltip seems to be bugged.

So Stone Giant deals additional damage when it knocks down the enemy? So it can procc of itself? That's pretty strange.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

So Stone Giant deals additional damage when it knocks down the enemy? So it can procc of itself? That's pretty strange.

Yes, it was changed to add burst when used as a knock down but the inherent CD on knocking things down would keep you from spamming it for damage.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    If Stone Giant knocks down an enemy - i.e. they don't have CC immunity - it does double damage. This is on my English tooltip, wonder why it is missing from yours?

Last time I checked it was working fine, but the damage is still not great; it's more of a utility skill for long ranged CC.

Stone giant hits harder than Power lash on cc, if you aren't a dunmer. The damage is great if you build for damage and hit the cc.
    Edited by BlackMadara on January 31, 2017 8:39PM
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

No no. It does double damage if it knock down, cc's, the enemy. If the target is already knocked down, cc'd, then it does its normal damage. That might be a translation error in the German tooltip with syntax.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yeah that's it. Thank you. :)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -