The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

A possible solution to overpopulated and empty campaigns

Surgee
Surgee
✭✭✭✭
Hello fellow warriors,
I didn't visit PC version of the game for a long time, so I have no idea how's the situation there, but on XBOX ONE, there is a big problem in Cyrodil. All of the players are in the Scourge Campaign. Even when the queue to Scourge is 200 people long, no one want's to join other campaigns, because they're empty. Running in a big zerg rewards players with alliance points for doing basically nothing. It also takes away any strategic gameplay and fun of the game. It's just about going forward, spamming AOE and overpowering everyone with your numbers.

I think there's a pretty simple solution to combat that.
Make alliance points gains scale dramatically with the amount of players per alliance in the campaign. The more players of one alliance are on the server, the less alliance points they will get. By less I mean A WHOLE LOT LESS. Such a big downgrade that it will highly encourage players to join empty campaigns, where they will gain a few times more alliance points, but in the same time it will require more input from them than just following a mob. Eventually, all campaigns should reach the optimal player count. To add a little twist to it, I think guards, walls hp etc in the given campaign, should also scale depending on the number of players the alliance has. The more players, the harder it gets (just like with anchors, but make the difference significant).

What was once a nice strategic group pvp, turned into a swarm fight with 10 FPS at best, where AOE is the king. Let's make it exciting again.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scourge is one of two 30 day campaigns with the other one being non CP which people don't want to play.
    It was a mistake making Azura's non CP, they should have just added another 30 day non CP campaign.
    Same reason everyone is on Trueflame on PC.
    While I agree with some of what you propose, players shouldn't be penalized because they want to PvP the system should handle the load.
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I find problematic is that ppl are in certain campaigns because they can get more AP just on account of sheer number of opponents. And punishing ppl for wanting to be in populated campaigns might not be the right solution.
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO they need to make Haderas a Keeps campaign instead of just resources.

One of the reasons many do not play there is because its not a keeps campaign
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    What I find problematic is that ppl are in certain campaigns because they can get more AP just on account of sheer number of opponents. And punishing ppl for wanting to be in populated campaigns might not be the right solution.

I think you don't entirely understand what I proposed. If the server is having less players in your alliance, you will get a BIG alliance points boost per kill/activity etc etc. The multiplier should be big enough to compensate the lesser numbers of people.
    Options