Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Help with Magsorc (I need to git gud)

strebor2095
strebor2095
✭✭✭
Hey guys, just raised my first mag sorc to cp160 so I could have a go at clearing vMA (my stamblade just can't quite get past round 6). Gear is a mix of purple and gold, Illambris, Julianos, Infallible Aether. My problem is I never seem to deal any damage apart from AoE!

Rotation is like this: apply boundless storm and surge from overload bar, back to lightning bar, apply liquid lightning, blockade, switch to inferno bar, curse, spam pulse and reapply curse and frags when it procs, reapply DOTs, reapply surge when it runs out. Execute with Endless Fury on overload bar, switching to apply blockade and liquid.

My animation cancels and weaves aren't the best and I just can't seem to get the hang of it, perhaps its my ping? Does a ping of like 400 effect how fluidly you can block cancel and weave? But anyway I end up with like, 12k dps against bosses tops! So, am I doing something wrong besides not weaving/canceling, and does this add like 8k dps overall?
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you run inner light on both bars all the time, and bound aegis?
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    Just watch some vids from youtube, like Streak etc.

And 400 ping is just way too high for vMA imo. Even when i play on my laptop (Central Asia here) with wi-fi its about 180-220 ping.

Forgot to mention xD, use spinners + elegance + ilambris for easy time there. Don't be shy and take sigils and don't be very dissapointed if/when you die, it just takes practise.

Btw, as far as i can remember... vMA was designed for 300+ cp
    Edited by X3ina on January 29, 2017 7:31AM
    SW GoH > ESO
  • strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    @Molydeus yes, inner light both bars and aegis both bars.

@X3ina ah okay that makes me feel a bit better. Playing in rural Australia here. Am cp450 ;) I can play my stamblade and stamdk fine reaching 18-22k dps self buffed, I just can't get the hang of magsorc!
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @strebor2095

Also note (I'm from Australia Sydney) if I can leader board all classes with lag, everyone can at least clear it don't let the "lag" mentality get in your head too bad.

Best not to listen to the above. (bit of bad info) and getting into bad habits will be the death of you in vMA literally.

Just do this.

Force / Crystal / Wall / Bound / Inner / Metor or destro ult
    Liquid / Power Surge / harden ward / bound / thundering / energy overload
    power surge / mages wrath / harden / bound / inner / energy overload

Julianos OR Scathing mage - I don't want to hear any other suggestions and honestly it's not in your best interest either.

Julianos and Scathing gives Mag Sorcs the best chance of survivability due to the amount of % critical.

Running spinner + elegant is noobish and should never be recommend in vMA.

Julianos + Elegant + Valk or Scathing + Elegant + Valk. - These are your 2 choices, nothing else.

Max survive with Valk offering HP and a LOCK IN target meteor which does additional damage in one Tam. Llambris won't help you as much as Valk will.(Promise)

The AOE damage is there, you running curse - *** that away, it's doing no good in vMA unless on boss 6-7 which is kinda useful apart from that don't run it.

Having thundering + wall + liquid with weaving force in and out everything dies.

Elegant on dual weilds doesn't have to be gold or have good traits you'll still hit upwards of 40k + crits.

When in doubt send me a PM.

Luke
    Edited by Lukums1 on January 29, 2017 8:29AM
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    @Lukums1 thanks man I'll give Elegance a go! Better than IA? I've got 2 pieces of Valk but neither are divines, I'll go grind those out first :)
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @strebor2095

Elegance 3 rings/neck - 2 dual wield weapons (purple is fine, any triat is fine ( try not to get training haha)

Over all if you're making use for tricky mobs and bosses elegance is worlds better than IA hands down.

Valk should be heavy/medium again any trait is fine... we actually prefer infused on helm so infused or divines medium/heavy helm is perfectly acceptable shoulders... push comes to shove whatever you get is also fine.

The 1k HP + Infused 500 Health + undaunted puts you at the 19.5k HP mark with heaps of magicka STILL 39-40k easy mode.

If you run into strife just let me know.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648