The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The state of PvP in Trueflame.

TiberiusTryton
TiberiusTryton
✭✭✭
Step 1. Wait in que
Step 2. Try to fight = lag = die
Step 3. Fight Load Screen Boss in Hard mode.
Step 4. Restart game because boss wins.
Step 5. Start back at step 1 and then buy more crowns to support the lag.

Update: We have fixed all problems in Cyrodiil by using all of our manpower to bring you homes that will keep you out of PvP so that you may forget about the lag and load screens.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game will never be fixed while Purge and cleanse and similar spells exist in the game on a 1 second CD.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    The game will never be fixed while Purge and cleanse and similar spells exist in the game on a 1 second CD.

Add in the unpurgable snares from gap closers that snare you even in most form and stupidly OP PBAOE skills like EOTS which promotes zergs...yup will never be fixed

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, t h e s tate o f

(Connection Lost)
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »

Add in the unpurgable snares from gap closers that snare you even in most form and stupidly OP PBAOE skills like EOTS which promotes zergs...yup will never be fixed

As someone who only recently came back to ESO after a few month hiatus (been here since Psijic beta) I expected the lag and the constant purges....but the sheer amount of EoTS lameness has really made me rethink my return. I followed the forums when the new weapon ultimates were first introduced on PTS and everyone complained about the Destro ult.....but holy [snip] everyone and their mother is using it! I was honestly surprised that our beloved, balance-conscious @Wrobel would ever consider such an overpowered ability to seep into this game....I mean really!

:wink: just kidding....I'm not surprised at all....
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah EotS is so broken PvP is really hard to enjoy anymore. It should just be flat-out removed from Cyrodiil. It's not remotely okay.
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah EotS is so broken PvP is really hard to enjoy anymore. It should just be flat-out removed from Cyrodiil. It's not remotely okay.

I'm totally cool with the stationary morph (Elemental Rage?) but with the ability to constantly spam gap closers it's damn near impossible to get out of an EoTS if you're being focused. The upcoming 10% reduction isn't going to change anything with the buff to AoE from Shock Staffs, not to mention the AoE cap changes.

Not trying to derail the thread....my bad....I'm bitter and haven't had my 3rd cup of coffee yet.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My last login lasted 15 minutes. First death, got hit with 24k of armour procs inside the animation of Toppling Charge (so that's mid air, split seconds) by 1 person. Second death, a well known ball group appeared from behind a rock and dumped 5 EotS's over me.

That was PvP summed up in 15 minutes. The 2 main problems right there and in no way are they addressing those for the next update. Procs can't crit, EotS nerfed by 5%. What a joke, I wear 8 impenetrable so I can't be crit on anyway and EotS's 5% nerf xD, like that's going to make a difference!

I'm much more enjoying gaming having left ESO.
    PC EU
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EoTS is another issue entirely.

What magicka wanted: Magicka elemental dawnbreaker.

What magicka got: 50 shades of stupid.
  • ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭

when you see everyone running the same ult, you know there's a problem somewhere.
    No-one escapes the chains!

Afro Nînja - magicka nb (DC)
    Silvester Staline - magicka nb (DC)
    It's a trâp - stam dk tank (DC)
    Lord Vuiton - Argonian blazing shield templar (Dc)

[Video] Major Trap! eso Stam Dk tank pvp => https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302728/video-major-trap-eso-stam-dk-tank-pvp-episodes
  • Druwe
    Druwe
    I have no problem with EOTS - Just give a counter to it eg make it negateable or make Panacea wipe it. Something. Anything.

I do have issues with 60+ queues and then lag boss then boot then 60 plus queue. Sigh

Druwe

K P Ciranwe - Templar Heals - Aldmeri Dominion - 561+CP -NA/PC

"The curse of much knowledge is often indecision."- Parthuurnax
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, EotS is NOT, I repeat,
    N-O-T
    the issue.

It has been mentioned several times, by @RinaldoGandolphi , for example:
    Snares. Gapclosers. Zergs.

People need to be able to kite the zerg. Not possible with the absurd amount of mobility debuffs and blatantly overpowered gapclosers in this game.
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    N-O-T
    the issue.

People need to be able to kite the zerg. Not possible with the absurd amount of mobility debuffs and blatantly overpowered gapclosers in this game.

how about the both of those be issues that need to be addressed
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    N-O-T
    the issue.

I agree...but OP gap closers and mobility debuffs coupled with EoTS, in my opinion, IS an issue. Matter of fact, they are part of the reason EoTS is an issue. If ZoS isn't going to give me an ability to counter EoTS, I should at least be able to escape it...but I can't because of said reasons. EoTS needs to be toned down quite a bit...as well as gap closers.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eots is not broken. just cause you get killed by something doesnt make it broken. in fact i would bet you 10 to 1 that the people using eots that you complain about are running stamina builds not magicka builds as ultimates are based on highest stats. this means that a tank wearing specific gears can run 6-7000 weapon power and 35,000 stamina. what this gives them is the equivalent of 5--6000 spell power and 45000 magicka of a magicka build. well above that which magicka builds can achieve of 4000 spell power 45000 max magicka.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    eots is not broken. just cause you get killed by something doesnt make it broken. in fact i would bet you 10 to 1 that the people using eots that you complain about are running stamina builds not magicka builds as ultimates are based on highest stats. this means that a tank wearing specific gears can run 6-7000 weapon power and 35,000 stamina. what this gives them is the equivalent of 5--6000 spell power and 45000 magicka of a magicka build. well above that which magicka builds can achieve of 4000 spell power 45000 max magicka.

I've never seen anyone with a Stam build running it (usually because it's coupled with Sap spam, Grothdarr, etc) but if what you say is true it just proves the point that it's completely OP if a Stam build is running back bar Destro staff to utilize its Ultimate.

• iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    EoTS is broken AF. It has no counter. Can't block it. Insane dmg. Highly mobile. Can use other spells/skills while casting it. Is not negateable.

Where is the downside? And don't say ult cost because that's ***...
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1. Wait in que
    Step 2. Try to fight = lag = die
    Step 3. Fight Load Screen Boss in Hard mode.
    Step 4. Restart game because boss wins.
    Step 5. Start back at step 1 and then buy more crowns to support the lag.

Update: We have fixed all problems in Cyrodiil by using all of our manpower to bring you homes that will keep you out of PvP so that you may forget about the lag and load screens.

Well to be fair with ZOS, ESO is a MMORPG and not a PvP game. There are many PvP games on the market. MMORPG games and PvP games are two different beasts.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EoTS>Lotus>Lotus>Lotus>Lotus=Dead
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add in a cost-increase on Gap-closer. Similar to Roll-Dodge & Sorc-Streak.
    Sure, let them gap-close spam you to the end of time with eots active - watch them be out of resources halfway through. Turn around & poke it.

It will solve a lot of issues, anyway. Oh, and fix them so they work properly, too.

Edit: Some friends on TS made a theory. ESO doesn't fix the PvP-Lag(at least on EU/PC on TF/Azura) because they want us to get so sick & tired of the Campaign, so that we leave it for a less-populated campaign => more campaigns active.
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on January 30, 2017 3:26PM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I agree that EotS itself is strong and not what magicka players wanted. But an OP ult was a band-aid to buff underperforming magicka classes. Snares and gapclosers and root spam have been a zerg problem since IC, but that falls on deaf ears with ZOS.

EotS actually has counterplay, it's healing.
    Templars easily heal through. Magicka classes can shield. For stamina it's a bit tricky, admittedly. But I've seen enough Dragonknights easily brush it off. Sorcs, I guess, too.
    It is a DoT, after all.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The answer to zergballs is and will always be.... more healthplarsI EotS? LOL THE SHIELD GOES BAM BAM BAM BAM....

Nerf annulment. Srs bsns.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't go near it. It's dangerous. I mean, I agree both morphs should be stationary, but until it's changed (which will be never most likely) just avoid it or have a couple of NB's in your group drop bolstering darkness for you group when someone pops EotS.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't care about proc sets, these ults, being ganked, none of that. My biggest gripe with this game is the shear amount of snares and roots. That's it. They are super obnoxious. I use my immovable pots and shuffle but due to the fact they can be reapplied so fast and effortlessly it makes them the bane of this game.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!