The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Good PvE build for Stamina NB

Shabree
Shabree
Soul Shriven
Hey, can you please give me a good PvE build for Stamina NB, that can compete with magicka builds? Also, is stam NB good damage dealer for PvE, or you need to play magicka build to be good dd?

Best Answers

• Albino_Dunmer
    Albino_Dunmer
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina builds can compete with MagDPS but that will probably be less true after the next patch because of certain nerfs.

Now stamblades require you to be on point at all times for competitive DPS and sustain. I started with one and got familiar with it and then made an alt stamsorc and the level of difficulty between the two is night and day. A stamsorc is much more forgiving to play than a Stamblade. So if you want a Stamblade to be competitive, just know your rotation has to be on point at all times.

Use Siphoning Strikes, Surprise Attack and weave light attacks between every attack to maximize DPS and proc Siphoning Strikes' bonus stamina. Do the same thing with any spammable attack, even Steel Tornado. Failure to do so consistently will result in DPS loss and sustain issues. Keep stam pots handy. Make sure you use grim focus, killers blade, rearming trap, poison injection, Arrow Barrage, have Camo Hunter slotted for major Savagery*, hidden blade for major brutality* (unless you want to compensate with pots). Your DPS will really shine at the 25% health marker when using Killers Blade (don't forget to weave attacks here too lol). I'm only at 280 CP and I crit on most attacks and hit for 30k+ with it at 25% health. Coupled with the right DoTs being active and my DPS when the target is below 25% health is nearly beyond anything any other class can put out afaik. Plus Killers blade takes up very little stamina per use and can be great to pick off trash mobs to proc its heals. Marked target can also be useful on trash mobs to lower the targets resistance and give you major berserk upon killing them which gives a 25% damage bonus.

Keeping these buffs up and your rotation on point isn't easy, but you can do some pretty insane damage. The ultimate issue for me is what line I want to walk between stam recovery and weapon damage.

Edited by Albino_Dunmer on January 29, 2017 10:17PM
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one really suggested a build, lol. Some basic suggestions:

Race: khajit (sneak crit), wood elf (resist crit), red guard (sustain melee), imperial (overpriced power)

Gear set 1: a craft set is good for the flexibility it offers mixing and matching hard to get drop sets. I like Hundings still. Some players say Night Mother outperforms in 4 person or group play, but you need the other players to take full advantage. And TBS seems to be popular still for the raw Mundas power.

Gear set 2: easier options are vipers sting, red mountain or briar hearts. Leviathan for raw crit omg power.

Monster helm: I think kragh has the best one piece buff of any set...wow...so that's a pretty nice dps set. Valkyn is still a powerhouse. And velidreth on my redguard stamblade is ka-pow. In melee those poo balls utterly destroy enemies.

Any combo of those sets can work...really depends on your play style. I think the meta is a little more 5/5/2 right now, but alcast still has builds favoring the 5/4/3 w agility.

Dual attack bar skill candidates and why:

Pretty standard
    Suprise attack: cheap and powerful.
    Killers blade: execute that gets the job done
    Ambush
    Solid options
    Slashes: underrated power
    Steel tornado
    Grim focus: learning curve, but can be powerhouse. Gets better in update 13.
    Shrouded daggers: underrated...can become mob decimation machine and provides maj brutality

Ulti: rend/thrive is soooo useful in hard content

2h bar

Pretty standard:
    Rally: still way important sustain and power buff.
    Execute
    Vigor: gotta have it. Earn it. Use it. Love it.
    Solid options
    Siphoning attacks: I rely on this in long battles
    Grim focus: I like stacking this w siphoning on my back bar for stam regen that keeps up dps.
    Soul trap: just kidding
    Mark target: it's so helpful to master this for sustain and dps help

Ultimate: dealers choice. The 2h isn't bad...because I use thrive so much sometimes I use this as an endless ultimate to execute monsters. Flawless for damage buff works too.

Bow bar

Standard:
    Vigor
    Poison inject
    Solid:
    Endless hail
    Shuffle
    Dark cloak (depending on circumstances)
    Siphoning
    Mark target

Champion points:

KEEP IT SIMPLE. A point in something you use every hit/defense beats a specialized point. Piling them into useful lines beats spreading them all over. A sort of rough guide for 561...but hone as you see a need for:

Blue
    Mighty: 100
    Precise strikes: 60+
    Thaumaturge: remainder

Green
    Moon calf and warlord, maybe minor health or mag recovery if you need it.

Red
    Elemental defender and hardy all the way. Reducing all incoming physical and magic damage is going to help more than anything else in this line.

Answer ✓
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out Deltia and Tamriel Foundry, they have great builds. Except Group Trails you'll be okay with a stamina nightblade. If you are looking for the meta DD, then go for magDK or MagSorc builds again from the two sites I mentioned above. Good Luck.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, stamblade has good burst damage but with more sustain issues than magblade. It's doesn't mean though that stamblade can't compete with mag builds. Just that you need to think differently in building a Stam character.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina builds can compete with MagDPS but that will probably be less true after the next patch because of certain nerfs.

Now stamblades require you to be on point at all times for competitive DPS and sustain. I started with one and got familiar with it and then made an alt stamsorc and the level of difficulty between the two is night and day. A stamsorc is much more forgiving to play than a Stamblade. So if you want a Stamblade to be competitive, just know your rotation has to be on point at all times.

Use Siphoning Strikes, Surprise Attack and weave light attacks between every attack to maximize DPS and proc Siphoning Strikes' bonus stamina. Do the same thing with any spammable attack, even Steel Tornado. Failure to do so consistently will result in DPS loss and sustain issues. Keep stam pots handy. Make sure you use grim focus, killers blade, rearming trap, poison injection, Arrow Barrage, have Camo Hunter slotted for major Savagery*, hidden blade for major brutality* (unless you want to compensate with pots). Your DPS will really shine at the 25% health marker when using Killers Blade (don't forget to weave attacks here too lol). I'm only at 280 CP and I crit on most attacks and hit for 30k+ with it at 25% health. Coupled with the right DoTs being active and my DPS when the target is below 25% health is nearly beyond anything any other class can put out afaik. Plus Killers blade takes up very little stamina per use and can be great to pick off trash mobs to proc its heals. Marked target can also be useful on trash mobs to lower the targets resistance and give you major berserk upon killing them which gives a 25% damage bonus.

Keeping these buffs up and your rotation on point isn't easy, but you can do some pretty insane damage. The ultimate issue for me is what line I want to walk between stam recovery and weapon damage.

really good advice right here OP. It's also worth noting pots of any kind also will help you since using pots increases your ultimate generation. I use evil hunter though, since the trap beast (regardless of morph) will usually be on the same bar. merciless resolve and reaper's mark buffs can also be stacked since one is minor and the other major.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Shabree
    Shabree
    Soul Shriven
    Check out Deltia and Tamriel Foundry
    I can't find any builds at Tamriel Foundry. If you mean this ones on their forum then I guess they are outdated.
    and the level of difficulty between the two is night and day
    So I guess stamblade isn't really good choice for first character?

• Albino_Dunmer
    Albino_Dunmer
    ✭✭✭
    On the contrary, I think it's a great choice, if you don't mind a bit of a learning curve. It's also a lot of fun in PvP.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shabree wrote: »
    So I guess stamblade isn't really good choice for first character?

Honestly, a Magic Templar is best for a First Character.

Night Blades are the trickiest Class to play. Not so difficult you don't want to play them, but you really need to leverage all the skill synergies (not talking about the Press X Synergies but something else), rotation strategies, gear, etc etc.

Night Blades are all about Tactics too, that opening Burst is your bread and butter, and you need to approach combat with that in mind, and then how your going to sustain your character through the fight. I have more fun with my Night Blade, and more difficulty keeping him alive than any other class I play.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"