The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do I join a Trial

Darkestnght
Darkestnght
✭✭✭✭
How do I join/get into a Trial?
Xbox NA - CP1300+
Xbox EU - CP400+

Best Answers

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gotta find a group who's doing the trial. Sometimes people advertise it in zone chat that they need dps for certain trial etc
    Answer ✓
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet is to join a casual guild that does teaching runs for normal mode trials. The normal modes aren't that difficult, but there are some mechanics you need to learn. Aetherian Archive ("AA") and Hel Ra Citadel ("HRC") are the easiest. Sanctum Ophidia ("SO") is a bit harder, and Maw of Lorkhaj ("MoL") is the hardest. Be aware that you may not end up seeing all the mechanics in normal mode, as things tend to die too fast.

Before you start, you will want to research some builds for your class as well. Look for end game builds, like the ones here : http://alcasthq.com/

Copy down the list of gear that you will need, and work on obtaining that. Be aware though, those builds may change when the Housing patch hits, as some things are being changed that affect some sets, skills, and weapons. Get the proper skills leveled, and work on the rotation. Once you have that down, then you are ready to try normal trials.

Once you have gotten your DPS to about 30k, have the right gear, and have become familiar with the mechanics in the normal modes, then you can start looking for a group that does veteran versions. I would recommend you look up boss fights for the vet versions, as you won't see all the mechanics by doing normal - and vet is A LOT harder, especially vMoL.

You may also want to grab some add ons if you are on PC. Here are some I use:

CombatMetrics: a DPS meter, plus it has a lot of other useful info

RaidNotifier: flashes warnings about incoming attacks and debuffs that are on you - I highly recommend this one for vMoL

PapaCrown: makes the crown over the leaders head bigger, so it is easier to see

ActionDurationReminder: lets you know when your abilities with durations run out - this is good for perfecting your rotation

There are many more that are useful, so maybe some others can give more suggestions.

To look for a guild, go here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/

Scroll all the way to the bottom until you find "Guild Recruitment". Look for your platform/server. Read through the offerings and see if one might fit your needs. You can be in 5 guilds, so try some different ones out until you find one that fits you.

Good luck!

Answer ✓
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info., DannyLV702,
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Syrani

I was off the forums over the weekend and just now read your response. Thank you very much for the in depth answer, much appreciated.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On NA Server

Random Trials seems to start up in craglorn and happen often throughout the weekend... more so in the range 5 to 8 pm est, but I would start looking around noon.

Reaper's march has dlc trials starting there.

mournhold also seem the be more popular capital for such events, followed by elden root ... and wayrest

Type in zone chat

Dps LFG for trials
    300 dps LFG for trials

I suggest you attempt a normal raid at cp 120... it's possible... lower... but amount of time spent
    I suggest you attempt a veteran trail at CP 300 and have 20k dps min