Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Thinking of respec

Rrokanrolle
Rrokanrolle
✭✭
I'm thinking about respec'ing my Dark Elf 2 Handed Sorc.

I had a few points in Stamina and most in Magicka

Currently I'm running my first bar as:
Crystal Blast, Shattering Prison, Boundless Storm, Summon Unstable Clanfear, Summon Twilight Matriarch, and Greater Storm Atronach.
My second bar is setup as:
Critical Rush, Wrecking Blow, Brawler, Summon Unstable Clanfear, Summon Twilight Matriarch, and Greater Storm Atronach.

For most of the time I've been running 2 Handed weapons, but recently I've been running a destro staff on bar one, and a two handed axe for bar two.

I'm not worried about DPS as much as just having fun, but I am thinking that I might need a change up for a bit more damage output.

I was thinking about respecing to be more Stamina based, and less Magicka based. Keep with the summoning part of the sorc, but maybe switch to being 1 Hand and shield.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For a mixed build where you want a little more damage, consider focusing your big stat powers on doing damage and your smaller stat on non-damage utility.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Rrokanrolle
    Rrokanrolle
    ✭✭
    Okay. Not entirely the kind of feedback I was looking for, but thank you.

What I was hoping for was some suggestions on respec'ing skill wise. For example:

1. Should I stay with the high magicka/low stamina build, but change from being a dedicated 2 Hand weapon user to being something with a mix of destro staff and something (1 hand+shield, dw, bow)? In which case are there different sorc skills I should be using?

2. Should I respec to be more of a high stamina/low magic build? In which case do I keep the current sorc skills as they are, or should I change some of the morphs to something else? If I switch to a low magicka/high stamina build, do I stay dedicated 2 handed, or change to some kind of mix, like 2 handed and resto staff, or change to something with 1 hand+shield, or something using dw or bow?

Suppose it would also help to mention that I intend to be mostly a PvE player. I might at some point venture into PvP, but highly unlikely.