Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Playing solo, spec for tank or dps?

estrong20b14_ESO
Or does it matter? This includes the question: heavy or medium armor? Why do some builds like bow on 2nd bar?
And, for attributes, how important or not is putting pts in health?

Best Answers

• Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    solo content can easily being done as dps and its faster then tanking them to death :D

bows has some great dots (damage over time skills) like poison arrow and endless hall, that provides great extra dps, into your rotation, if you are stamina.

if you are going dps, attribute points into health is worthless, get a bigger pool of what you main use of skills use, either magicka or stamina, and supplement it with food buff, that gives like health/magicka or health/stamina
    Answer ✓
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    Thanks, Artemiisia.
    Answer ✓
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what you want to be able to solo. If you plan on taking on group quests solo, you're going to want a tank.

Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my stam DK I take the approach of locking in long term specs (attribute points, CPs to some degree) as a tank, but he carries an extra set of medium armor for most pve general play. I mean questing or overland general stuff...it's easy enough content that I'm not going to need to be super tanky, so the medium bumps his dps to get through things faster.

Attribute points fluster everyone...they shouldn't. Each point is worth 115 in that resource. So moving three or four around is going to be a very small difference. I advise putting ALL into your attack resource...stam for stam builds, magic for magics. Damage is harder to come by in the game than health, generally.

If you need more health down the line, it's easy enough to put a health glyph on your armor. The resources offered by all 7 armor piece enchantments is equivalent to about 40 attribute points. So the only time a tank would need to go into and move attribute points from stam to health is if they needed even more health than an all-health enchant armor set...and honestlymi don't think many are running builds with that much health, other than very specialized setups or unkillable guys who like to annoy stamblades in pvp. Jerks.
    Answer ✓