The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Bow users and light attack spam!?!

Tapio75
Tapio75
✭✭✭✭✭
Whats up with this behaviour? Almost every bow user i see these days, seems to just spam light attack? Why?

Its weak, gives impression of not knowing what to do and looks funny.

Whats up with this? Should bow have its own separate tutproal when you pick first up?
>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are out of stam and can't snipe.

Maybe they will save enough up for one or two wrecking blows.

-__-
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "play how you want"
    7OcShasLpQz5K.gif
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually when I'm probably "spamming" is doing so to give it time for my stamina to regen. Well, my light attack from a bow does from 5 to 9k. So, it doesn't hurt to use it, and the damages stack and add up fast. Plus, it's quicker than pulling for a heavy attack. I'll use the heavy attack if there is time and chance to use it, but lots of times during a fight with a boss, you don't always get the time needed to pull for a heavy attack, for the stam regen. Thus, best thing is to spam light until you get enough stam back; particularly in the fight on that reborn world boss in Wrothgar.
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either charging relentless or a 8 year old
    Options
  • JbSmooth
    JbSmooth
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    Whats up with this behaviour? Almost every bow user i see these days, seems to just spam light attack? Why?

Whats up with this? Should bow have its own separate tutproal when you pick first up?

Well then you should read the bow passives

Hawk Eye
    WITH BOW EQUIPPED
    Your successful Light and Heavy Attacks increase the damage of your Bow abilities by 5% for 4 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.

and its getting buffed next patch
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I even found my first light attack bow spammer in a Dungeon group recently. I was the Healer and kept glancing back at them wondering what must be going through their mind. It can't be cause they're out of Stamina, that's why you do Heavy Attacks and even so they'd do the smart thing and go over to where I was throwing down Shards for the Tank and DPS.

My StamBlade has a Bow on the back bar and even I only ever light attack when I weave it with another ability like Injection.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spam it while jumping naked over people, oh... was that you?
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When duelling I love people who just spam their light bow attacks on my templar. I'm never sure if they're taking the *** or that's all they know. They'll randomly use ambush or poison injection, but again, they mostly use light bow attacks. This is fighting people around lvl 30-40 on my lvl 10 alt. Crazy use of skills when they have 2-bars and I only have the use of 1 bar.

Most stand there firing off their light attacks whilst I just return the favour using dark flare. There's only ever going to be one winner in that particular scenario.
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I experimented with this myself a bit. Light attacks seem to do some damage yes, with all passives and all but i still kill everything faster by using couple of heavy attacks or mid drawn attacks.

Though i have all points in stamina in these builds so i almost never run out of it.
    Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One time I had to carry a dps that used nothing but endless hail (but the wrong morph) and spammed light attacks. I'm certainly not a superstar dps, but I seriously don't understand how someone can not understand basic efficiency in any given role.

rip decibel
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you see me doing this on my nb it's to hit the 5 ticks to trigger that spectral bow attack whose name escapes me. Either that or I'm only a few points away from my ultimate and low on stamina.
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JbSmooth wrote: »

Hawk Eye
    WITH BOW EQUIPPED
    Your successful Light and Heavy Attacks increase the damage of your Bow abilities by 5% for 4 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.

This works with heavy attacks as well and 5% more there is more than 5% in light attack.

And if spamming light attacks is really rewarded, it should be nerfed. People need to learn to play, not learn to spam.

Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Usually when I'm probably "spamming" is doing so to give it time for my stamina to regen. Well, my light attack from a bow does from 5 to 9k. So, it doesn't hurt to use it, and the damages stack and add up fast. Plus, it's quicker than pulling for a heavy attack. I'll use the heavy attack if there is time and chance to use it, but lots of times during a fight with a boss, you don't always get the time needed to pull for a heavy attack, for the stam regen. Thus, best thing is to spam light until you get enough stam back; particularly in the fight on that reborn world boss in Wrothgar.

No that's not how it works.

Hawk Eye
    WITH BOW EQUIPPED

And that's not how it works either.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use light attacks quite a bit. Reasons,:
    If I'm at a dolman with a ton of ppl , or fighting "trash" mobs, I do it to get my Ultimate built up for when I go against a boss.
    To regen Stamina, you use Heavy Attacks to get best regen. Or use dark exchange if you are a sorc..
    So, no, not everyone using/ spamming light attacks is a noob.
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on January 28, 2017 2:56PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • skiptomyluau
    skiptomyluau
    ✭✭✭
    I do this (stamDK 2H) as a way to quickly charge ultimate while out of stam.
    Options
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Few sets are based on light attacks, you can't be sure what these people wear.
    Storm Master for example looks nice for bow users.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I'm at a dolman with a ton of ppl , or fighting "trash" mobs, I do it to get my Ultimate built up for when I go against a boss.
    To regen Stamina, you use Heavy Attacks to get best regen. Or use dark exchange if you are a sorc..

I'd say using an ultimate on a crowded dolmen boss is noobish :p
    Options
  • AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭

Hawk Eye
    WITH BOW EQUIPPED

Also trying to spawn my Morkuldin's proc.
    Options
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Few sets are based on light attacks, you can't be sure what these people wear.
    Storm Master for example looks nice for bow users.
    Yep could be this as Gargath says.
    Also it could just be lack of knowledge, if they are a new player they might think "hmm this is a quick attack, lets keep doing this".

I light attack once or twice to either proc my poison enchant OR to pull mobs groups all together. Really depends on the situation.

Some people might think its good damage, maybe they haven't learnt a rotation yet or realised there are some more powerful skills to use.

1bEMUsXcISERW.gif
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, i think the passive should not work on light attacks at all, the spectral bow i kind of understand, while i almost always use heavy attacks wwith spectral bow skill (Which name i dont remember either), i just use heavy attacks as it also buffs the damage, therefore the heavy attacks do more damage as well but sometimes if im in a tight situation, i use light attacks to quickly get that spectral bow to proc and get enemy doie before i do.

I rarely use ultimates so i dont know much about that, only when really needed i do pop my ultimate but that seems to happen rarely.

In any case, i think spamming stuff should be in general, a gameplay style whis is not rewarded so well.
    Options
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I do this is to either regen stamina or to generate ultimate.
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    itehache wrote: »

Only full heavy attacks generate stam and magic
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if used correctly, it's much better than a heavy attack and results from diff builds but is this coming up due to overall low dmg or just something you see but don't understand?

Logic:
    -skill or passive benefit
    -close to ultimate and light attacks is the fastest way
    -low on resources
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 28, 2017 3:16PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well iirc there are plenty of powers and such scattered throughout the classes and weapons lines as well as gear like poisons and proc sets that will let light attacks return stats, buff stats, accumulate towards a bigger whammy or just deliver a bigger whammy. So it all depends on the setup and precursor to the spamming.

i do not think the overall game makes treats light attack with as much derision as some might think.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    itehache wrote: »

Only full heavy attacks generate stam and magic

While this has been my assumption for long time as well, there is passive in champion system that says "increases amount of magicka and stamina your heavy and light attacks produce" or something that way.

EDIT: I was wrong, it is "Tenacity" and it only says "Heavy attacks".

Edited by Tapio75 on January 28, 2017 3:25PM
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't activate hawk eye without light attack spamming so it's not going away.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WAIT THIS ISNT SKYRIM ONLINE? DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO ELITSTSSTSTSTS!!!11!
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am actually amazed about the reasons people give for spamming light attacks
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    You can't activate hawk eye without light attack spamming so it's not going away.

Everything can be changed and improved. Is it rewwarding on damage side to get that proc and lose damage on the same?

Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »

I'd say using an ultimate on a crowded dolmen boss is noobish :p

No, you misunderstand. I use just light attacks on dolmans with lots of people there to build my Ultimate for a future boss, not the dolman one.
    Also, while in PvP, if we stop to do a dolman, we are always haveing to remind everyone to use light attacks so that everyone can get a dmg hit in and to build your ultimates for the next keep.
    Also, as said above, light attacks with proper gear, (Hawkeye), and or paired with Marksman, (+8% Bow Dmg), + also maybe a Tri-poison + CP distribution? Light attacks can do more dmg than heavy if set up right.
    But to OP, yes, new folks tend to not know better, but, there are reasons to use it on a regular basis.
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on January 28, 2017 3:36PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options