Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Final Boss vMA (magplar)

SquareSausage
SquareSausage
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,
Just started vMA 2 days ago and got to final boss but I can't seem to consistantly get past stage one and up to the platform.

I've been up a few times only to meet my death either by fire fire balls, daedric missiles or knocked off complately.

My problem is down below keeping the boss interupted while I finish the adds. I use the shield to refelct the first wave back, but I think maybe my setup isnt quite right as I usually have to interupt him a 2nd or 3rd time to get him to 70%.

Maybe my output is too low cos the vids I'm watching are only good no death ones and their dps is sick.

Im 533 cp and using Rattlecage and Lich, I think I should change lich as its good for sustain but I cant get stuff down quick enough, and I dont want to change RC as weapons are gold.

DW sharp RC swords, with sharp destro staff back bar.
Spell power is 3000 with 100 in ele expert and 52 ethaumaturge 25 elfborn.
19.5k hp, ~35k magicka

Anyone with any advice on what stats should aim for, or gear suggestions instead of lich? or how to keep boss interupted whilst not getting destroyed by mr fire breath.
Breakfast King
PS4 EU
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been successful interrupting the boss 2 different ways on magplar in vMA:

1. Toppling charge. This is kind of an odd one, and can instakill you if you path through blue ghosts, but I actually like it in the arena in general, it can be a useful skill when clearing crystals up top or gathering gold ghosts, too.
    2. Force pulse.

I had a pretty simple Skoria+Julianos+willpower setup, with Torugs swords DW and a destro backbar.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im using toppling at the moment but the problem im finding is when I cast it, he continues to fire them balls at me whilst I'm travelling to him and by the time I reach him im either very low on health or dead ha.
    I have crushing shock on back bar but swapping out bars can be tow slow sometimes I find :(

I might try rattle and IA and just use magicka pots to keep me up with heavy attacks thrown in.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immovable pots are your friend.
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually its explosive im using at the moment found that good for previous rounds, interupts all adds nearby and stuns if they casting
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    im using toppling at the moment but the problem im finding is when I cast it, he continues to fire them balls at me whilst I'm travelling to him and by the time I reach him im either very low on health or dead ha.
    I have crushing shock on back bar but swapping out bars can be tow slow sometimes I find :(

I might try rattle and IA and just use magicka pots to keep me up with heavy attacks thrown in.

His rotation is VERY predictable. If he's landing more than 2-3 of the little machine gun skulls, work on anticipating that move better. You can also grab the defensive sigil, it reflects them, but I recommend leaving that until after crystals.
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »

i used them on round 5 with the ice dudes and 2h melle guys, they g2g up top from his daedric skull thingy?

His rotation is VERY predictable. If he's landing more than 2-3 of the little machine gun skulls, work on anticipating that move better. You can also grab the defensive sigil, it reflects them, but I recommend leaving that until after crystals.

Maybe thats just it, need to work on interpretting his moves too.

Ive been using the sigil straight away but wasnt sure as ive never progressed off the platform above yet heh.

Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i used them on round 5 with the ice dudes and 2h melle guys, they g2g up top from his daedric skull thingy?

Ive been using the sigil straight away but wasnt sure as ive never progressed off the platform above yet heh.

Only if he's having problems blocking and dodging the skulls which it sounds like. I'd rather see him pop spell crit pots but some people have issues with the knockback. Camera issue maybe?
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phase 1 for me I start with the healing sigil and put down dots, shard/HA as he spawns then jab until he moves. From there you should be able to move and bash to interupt. I put down Destro ult then which, dots and start with jabs again. The ult itself I gets rid of the crem guard and gets the boss down to 70.

Up top I start on the first crystal and kill it for 1st wall keeping an eye out for his 1 attack to block. I block up here rather than dodge to keep stam for the red circles if I need to.

move to next crystal keeping an eye out for his 2 attacks and repeat. Keep harness magika up at all times up top as well. Keeps your magika full, health protects from the dot as well.

For the 3rd phase I go for the defence sigil now not at the start. Interupt again bashing get the ghosts if you can but keep attacking the boss and summoner enemy. On the 3rd ghost the crem guard spawns again use your Destro ultimate with power sigil and synergy if you have it and the boss and crem guard should be dead by the time the immobilise wears off.

Gear wise though I use TBS again for bit extra health and stam plus still good DPS. 3 willpower rather than Aether and Ice Heart monster set with torugs pact swords and any crafted Destro staff.
    Edited by Parrot1986 on January 27, 2017 8:26PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

When you clear crystals (you'll get it, no sweat), the downstairs gets kind of hectic. The boss does the same stuff, but you add in summoner mobs walking slowly to the middle and gold ghosts to chase down. Saving haste and defensive sigil for this part is great, allows you to EASILY get the first 3 ghosts.
  • ducket1
    ducket1
    ✭✭
    Hi all,
    Just started vMA 2 days ago and got to final boss but I can't seem to consistantly get past stage one and up to the platform.

I've been up a few times only to meet my death either by fire fire balls, daedric missiles or knocked off complately.

My problem is down below keeping the boss interupted while I finish the adds. I use the shield to refelct the first wave back, but I think maybe my setup isnt quite right as I usually have to interupt him a 2nd or 3rd time to get him to 70%.

Maybe my output is too low cos the vids I'm watching are only good no death ones and their dps is sick.

Im 533 cp and using Rattlecage and Lich, I think I should change lich as its good for sustain but I cant get stuff down quick enough, and I dont want to change RC as weapons are gold.

DW sharp RC swords, with sharp destro staff back bar.
    Spell power is 3000 with 100 in ele expert and 52 ethaumaturge 25 elfborn.
    19.5k hp, ~35k magicka

Anyone with any advice on what stats should aim for, or gear suggestions instead of lich? or how to keep boss interupted whilst not getting destroyed by mr fire breath.

Spell power at 3000 is enough to burn down enemies so I wouldn't worry too much about it. What's your spell crit sitting at ? To interrupt the boss use crushing shock on your destro staff. Can use it from a distance from the boss and works almost straight away.

In terms of mechanics for this final boss search 'joys maelstrom guide' it's an old guide but explains the mechanics perfectly and should see you through!!

High Elf Dragonknight (Magicka) Stormproof
    High Elf Templar (Magicka) Stormproof
    Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina)
    Breton Sorcerer Lvl (Magicka) Stormproof
    Breton Nightblade (Magicka) Stormproof
    RedGaurd DragonKnight (Stamina) Stormproof
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Unfortunately you should never follow (inexperienced) peoples advice.

Do exactly what I say below then come back and say thank you later :smiley: kidding. Ready?

Engage boss, dps away whatever the % he will teleport if not pushed which you know.
    As SOON AS he teleports back up and collect the defensive sigil.
    IGNORE BOSS.
    Burn the healer/mage.
    Prepare for CG. 20 seconds left on defensive sigil.
    Kill CG.
    Back on boss ( continue to 71% )
    Clanfear to portal
    (top is all on you, how you choose to do it)
    If you get blown off, DO NOT get the healing sigil make do if you die you die. With that SP you should be able to get all 3 crstals down.
    Remember: Skull / Wall / Skull / Skull / Wall - repeat.

When you come down collect the haste or power sigil where ever you drop down (NOT HEALING SIGIL)
    Interupt boss
    Kill SUMMONER ( you're new ) won't have to worry about it after 100 runs
    Continue on boss - rotations etc
    When CG spawns - HEALING SIGIL NOW ( prepare for skull roll also )!

Kill CG

Kill BOSS

This is the easiest way on all classes to do this on, trust me I know.
    This strat has helped over 100 people get clears which were struggling.

Any other aspect of this exact strat I consider wrong and doesn't give you the full advantage of hitting sigils when.

Let me know how you go.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all for advice, greatly appreciated.

Tried few hours today, got more progress than ever before, destroyed 2 crystals but by that point the 3rd wall was already up and it goes so *** fast I got stun locked by meteors as i was chasing it then knocked off and killed by the blast.

Still not consistently making it to the platform, so need to work on that. boss more often than not teleports in opposite direction of adds so have to run around trying to stay in range to interupt whilst ghosts decide to hang on my coat tails.

Ill try a few hours a night over the next week, todays morning effort has scunnered me.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say I´m impressed how you reached final stage after only 2 days of doing vMSA.
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers, but I was never more than a couple of hours each boss, 5 and 7 gave me most difficulty until I experienced the brick wall that is this fiend.

What I particularly dont like is how its so unforgiving for the new to the Arena player, so many random things can happen that the inexperienced can simply not compensate for.

Oh well, I see this being a long struggle haha.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go lads and lassies, 6 days of grind after work for a charged bow.

ty all for help.

Eventually ran 5 rattlecage 5 IA. My spell damage was higher on my failed attempts, I was struggling for resources in stage 3 and always died so swapped a ring for magicka recovery instead of spell damage and that was just enough.

Ended up taking out inner light from my main dps bar so my max magicka dropped to 34k to allow me to have jesus beam on my dual wield bar for more pew pew at execute, bit of give and take on that one but I prevailed none the less.

here is the vid if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNKnmFeHDBI
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU