The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PVE Vampire Questions

Ghostextechnica
A few quick Vampire questions - not sure what's happened in recent patches and the various eso wiki's and sites seem to say different things...

1) Do you need a vamp skill on your bar to benefit from Supernatural Recovery (+10% Magika and Stamina Recovery)?

2) Do you need a vamp skill on your bar to benefit from Undeath (Reduces damage dealt to you when you fall below x% health)

3) As a PVE Magika Sorc is it worth being a Vampire?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. no
    2. no
    3. If you can still avoid death during fire intensive fights then I don't see why not.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • Synroth
    Synroth
    No, you don't need a skill on your bar.

However, you need to be Stage II Vampire to get the 10% Stamina and Magicka recovery and Stage III Vampire for the 50% reduce fall damage.

I don't really find Vampire all that great for PvE, majority of the dungeons have a fair amount of fire damage. But, if you're really struggling with recovery than it might be something worth trying.

I would suggest making the vampire food from the Hallow Jack (Halloween) event. I can't remember what it's exactly called, but it will allow you to easily drop Vampire Stages when needed.
    Edited by Synroth on January 25, 2017 9:11PM
    XboxOne - NA - Gamertag: IlI SYNN IlI
    CP 690+ - DC
    Options
  • Ghostextechnica
    Thanks guys, I was actually planning on being a Stage 4 Vamp since the Undeath passive requires at least Stage 3.

As a Dunmer the fire damage shouldn't be too big a deal combined with CP resistance.

Furthermore, I figure the Undeath passive should give me more survivability.. up to 33% damage reduction when below 50% health sounds awesome for PVE.
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not a big deal, I've solo'd CoA 1 as a vampire and had deathless runs on vCoA2 without so much as a fire resistance glyph.
    Options
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire damage can be brutal as a vampire, especially if you are a full-blown magicka character with low health anyway... many fire-based attacks will come close to one-shotting you. I make liberal use of damage shields (Hardened Ward) and eat health food in dungeons to give myself an extra cushion against fire damage. It will make you a more urgent and aware player as you learn to quickly dodge anything that looks red and fiery, stuff that you may have once ignored.
    Options