The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Whats the best combo for high dps for single target melee?

qsnoopyjr
qsnoopyjr
✭✭✭✭
What weapon set, skill set, and how much dps do you get on single target melee? 20k sustained dps single target melee possible?

I get mobs under 50% hp and start spamming executioner but that alone, dps is garbage. I feel like BSW is only viable option to go. Is melee in this game for PvE garbage or what?

Someone prove me wrong please.
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your race/class combo and if you are magicka or stamina based.

There are several setups that will give you good enough dps to clear all content in game:

Stamina
    - BiS is something like 3 VO gold jewelry, 2 Velidreth, 5 TBS, vMA axe/dagger and bow. Any stam class with this gear set-up and the right rotation can pull 30K+ with self buffs and near 50K with full raid buffs.
    - A decent beginner set-up 5 Hunding's/3 Agility/4 NMG will easily see 25K self buffed, and mid 30's with raid buffs.

Magicka
    - BiS is pretty much 3 Aether/5 BSW/2 Grothdarr with vMA fire staff and Willpower Swords. Some classes/builds run better with duel destro, and there are a few other monster sets that are BiS for these other builds. Same as stamina, they can reach mid 30's with self buffs and high 40's with full raid buffs.
    - A decent beginner set-up is 5 Julianos/3 Willpower/4 Magnus running fire destro/DW swords. Same as above, this set-up will pull mid 20's with self buffs and mid 30's with full raid buffs.

Aside from gear, the thing that matters most for high dps numbers is proper weaving of light and heavy attacks between your skills and using block or weapon swap to animation cancel skills. Knowing how to properly do this can easily add 5-10K dps over just spamming skills.
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melee is the highest DPS in the game, as it should be. This would be done by any stamina class or mDK or mTemplar. mSorc and mNightblade typically go range.

Couple insights with your post. Running a 2hander is never going to be great DPS in PVE, but you could easiky break the 20k benchmark you mentioned. Spamming your execute from 50% is not going to be good. You actually need a rotation. Also, you mentioned BSW. This is a magic set (probably best in slot on most builds). You need to pick magic or Stam and go all in.
    Options
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    What weapon set, skill set, and how much dps do you get on single target melee? 20k sustained dps single target melee possible?

I get mobs under 50% hp and start spamming executioner but that alone, dps is garbage. I feel like BSW is only viable option to go. Is melee in this game for PvE garbage or what?

Proof:
    Edited by DschiPeunt on January 26, 2017 7:04AM
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
    Options
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    That melee? Or is that BSW?
    When I was thinking melee I was thinking using weapon skills, not really dragonknight flame whip if thats whats happening But I am a DK, and about to go BSW so good to know what to. Spam flame whip?

Whats the combo? Like from buffing yourself to spamming abilities?
    Options
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda sad that executioner is garbage in PvE.Spam that like no other and DPS is garbage.

I have no idea what this heavy attack cancel animation and do light attacks for DPS, must be some exploit that people that read up on forums and watch youtube videos know about. Even so saw a thread talking about should it be nerfed, and ya know what... If you have to read up on it or watch youtube video to figure it out, than hell ya it needs to get nerfed.

Executioner should be buffed, such a garbage skill. Mob under 50% and me spamming it and dps is garbage, whats the point of having it on skillbar?

Basically I buff self with deadly cloak, fragmented shield and throw a shrouded dagger, and then spam flurry, when mob is under 50% hp I spam executioner. With Stormfist set and leviathan set and 3 dreugh king, I do puny 5-7k dps single target solo.
    Which is why I'm going to BSW, because I saw someone use it, they hardly push any buttons and there AoE is just too insane, insane single target and multiple, and it looks too easy.

I feel like using weapons, too many exploits you need to know, using weapons is garbage when it comes to single target.
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on January 27, 2017 5:57AM
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obvious troll is obvious
    Options
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Obvious troll is obvious

PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
    Options
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Obvious troll is obvious

Why people think I troll?

Why would I make a thread about this? My DPS is terrible its just stupid.
    No idea what this animation canceling is, and executioner does... flipping suck. How can you call it executioner when your spamming it a million times and the mob doesnt even die??
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda sad that executioner is garbage in PvE.Spam that like no other and DPS is garbage.

I have no idea what this heavy attack cancel animation and do light attacks for DPS, must be some exploit that people that read up on forums and watch youtube videos know about. Even so saw a thread talking about should it be nerfed, and ya know what... If you have to read up on it or watch youtube video to figure it out, than hell ya it needs to get nerfed.

Executioner should be buffed, such a garbage skill. Mob under 50% and me spamming it and dps is garbage, whats the point of having it on skillbar?

Basically I buff self with deadly cloak, fragmented shield and throw a shrouded dagger, and then spam flurry, when mob is under 50% hp I spam executioner. With Stormfist set and leviathan set and 3 dreugh king, I do puny 5-7k dps single target solo.
    Which is why I'm going to BSW, because I saw someone use it, they hardly push any buttons and there AoE is just too insane, insane single target and multiple, and it looks too easy.

I feel like using weapons, too many exploits you need to know, using weapons is garbage when it comes to single target.

By that logic everything in the game should be nerfed.
    Options
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    DschiPeunt wrote: »

Proof:

WOW I feel like crap now lol.

I'm currently using a stamina build that works for me which is 2 heavy 3 medium, 3 agility jewelry, 2hand axe slot one (with poison enchant), and 2hand mace slot 2 (I might change the mace). My set is (all Legendary except for the jewelry) the Morkuldin + Gladiator + Agility. And I currently DPS 17k-21k sustained with no buffs, without using ultimates, and I don't PVP, I don't have any Undaunted passives and I am only CP LVL 444. I don't want to use magic and I don't want to be forced to dual wield so I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to do it with 2hand, I'm still testing, if there is not a way to do it there should be.

But wow nice video lol, I need to practice.
    Edited by Techkey1 on January 28, 2017 4:37AM
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
    Options
  • Zanen
    Zanen
    ✭✭✭
    There has to be a priority system for using skills in an action game, especially when there's latency involved.

Animation canceling is a really good thing, wish everyone understood that. This game would blow without it.

Dps isn't hard to get reasonable at, if you want to top leaderboards you have to work at it but get half decent gear and rotation and you'll do fine until you get to hard mode stuff.
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have to read up on it or watch youtube video to figure it out, than hell ya it needs to get nerfed.

You do realize that the best musicians, athletes, actors, etc., spend insane amounts of time watching video of the best in the business. And use that to learn from. And are often celebrated. Coaches love players who spend time in the film room! If watching tape in the film room is a "hack" and "cheating", then every successful athlete is a cheater.
    Options
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Techkey1 wrote: »
    DschiPeunt wrote: »

Proof:

WOW I feel like crap now lol.

I'm currently using a stamina build that works for me which is 2 heavy 3 medium, 3 agility jewelry, 2hand axe slot one (with poison enchant), and 2hand mace slot 2 (I might change the mace). My set is (all Legendary except for the jewelry) the Morkuldin + Gladiator + Agility. And I currently DPS 17k-21k sustained with no buffs, without using ultimates, and I don't PVP, I don't have any Undaunted passives and I am only CP LVL 444. I don't want to use magic and I don't want to be forced to dual wield so I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to do it with 2hand, I'm still testing, if there is not a way to do it there should be.

But wow nice video lol, I need to practice.
    Thanks :) just posted this here to show, that a melee build is able to pull of some great numbers. I know this is a magicka setup, that I am running, but I have to be in 5 meter range of the boss, so it's kind of a melee build.
    The stamina DKs in our raid actually achieve even higher numbers on single targets than me. But this is in raid scenarios with full support, where we can completely focus on doing DPS and where we get a lot of buffs from tanks and healers.

I think 17-21k sustained DPS is enough for most of the content and I think it's great, that you created your own build, which you enjoy! Too many people just copy builds without getting the right feeling for their class and build.
    Zanen wrote: »
    There has to be a priority system for using skills in an action game, especially when there's latency involved.

Animation canceling is a really good thing, wish everyone understood that. This game would blow without it.

Dps isn't hard to get reasonable at, if you want to top leaderboards you have to work at it but get half decent gear and rotation and you'll do fine until you get to hard mode stuff.
    As a friend of mine said: "Getting to 40k DPS is easy. Getting to 42k is the hard part."
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
    Options
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    If you have to read up on it or watch youtube video to figure it out, than hell ya it needs to get nerfed.

You do realize that the best musicians, athletes, actors, etc., spend insane amounts of time watching video of the best in the business. And use that to learn from. And are often celebrated. Coaches love players who spend time in the film room! If watching tape in the film room is a "hack" and "cheating", then every successful athlete is a cheater.

ya, no kidding they do.

But they didnt watch a video to teach them how to play.

AKA this game, nothing teaches you about animation canceling.
    When I say watch youtube videos, I dont mean understand boss mechanics, which is a must. I'm talking about, exploits in this game. Exploit as in 15% of population know something and people that dont read up on it, have no clue and totally out of the loop.

Hence why you see all these, 'what ya do when dps sucks'... Well it sucks because they have no clue about animation canceling which increases your DPS by 300%.
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

ya, no kidding they do.

But they didnt watch a video to teach them how to play.

AKA this game, nothing teaches you about animation canceling.
    When I say watch youtube videos, I dont mean understand boss mechanics, which is a must. I'm talking about, exploits in this game. Exploit as in 15% of population know something and people that dont read up on it, have no clue and totally out of the loop.

Hence why you see all these, 'what ya do when dps sucks'... Well it sucks because they have no clue about animation canceling which increases your DPS by 300%.

The basics of AC is weaving. Weaving is in it's simplest form is light attack > skill > light attack. Light attacks don't do near enough damage to prove a 300% increase.

In PVE the biggest DPS increase comes from DOTs, or damage over time skills. AC does nothing to incease the damage they tick for each interval. Most players who have poor DPS, do so because their rotation, the order the rotate through skills in, is bad.
    Options