Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Help with gear and grind info.

shagmaster1
shagmaster1
Soul Shriven
Hey Guys!!!

I was just hoping someone might be able to help a newbie and craft me some heavy gear with the trainer buff??

I am on the American server.
Currently level 10.
PSN: greatsaiyanman

Would really appreciate the assistance and i promise to one day repay the favor by helping a newbie likewise.

Ive also done some research on grinding which is my preferred method of leveling.
Old Orsinium
Normal Maelstrom
Imperial Sewers
These three come up a lot. What's your guys opinions?

Cheers,
Chris
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grind advice...training gear is good. You should also work up your medium armor if you're a stam build and light if you're magic. You'll probably eventually wear mixed weights.

Always keep one class skill from each of the three lines on your bar...this is how those skill lines level. Keep a weapon skill on the bar.

If you're looking to grind as fast as possible, work your provisioning up to 47, spend points in connosoir to extend drinks, then run with psijic ambrosia (about 4000 gold each).

After One Tam, xp in the public dungeons is consistent across all 18 (one per faction zone, one coldharbour, two wrothgar). Each has 1-2 quests completed within the dungeon, a sky shard and a group event skill point. I recommend grinding by moving through all of these...the quest completes are substantial, and that's 24 skill points.

Dolmen clears are a good grind. The first clear gives a big reward...but even after it's very good xp, and it also levels fighters guild. Each zone has three...discover them and the closest wayshrines and you can run a loop. Alik'r desert has an insane Zerg...you can run these crazy fast.

Once you get high enough to have two weapon bars and fill them out with skills, craglorn delves...one sky shard each, good mobs, 18 total delves.

Note: this is how you level fast. This is how vets level new toons. But if you do it this way as a newbie, you're going to stink. You won't learn the mechanics, or how skills work together, or which are designed to work with what. I'm not saying not to do it...power leveling to vet quickly can work... if you go back and play the game after. The benefit of this is that all the questing and play will be earning champion points, which you don't get playing through as a non-vet. But if you grind to 50 then take on end game pvp or pve, it'll be rough.
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

Note: this is how you level fast. This is how vets level new toons. But if you do it this way as a newbie, you're going to stink. You won't learn the mechanics, or how skills work together, or which are designed to work with what. I'm not saying not to do it...power leveling to vet quickly can work... if you go back and play the game after. The benefit of this is that all the questing and play will be earning champion points, which you don't get playing through as a non-vet. But if you grind to 50 then take on end game pvp or pve, it'll be rough.

I've seen players claim to be able to go from 1 to 50 in ten hours. @davey1107 is the method you outline how they do so? Or does it take longer than 10 hours in any event?
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To grind to 50 in ten(ish) hours:

General tips:

- first grind provisioning up to 47 (or 50...why not). Have 3-5'skill points ready. Buy level 1, 2, 3 recipe. Maybe 4. But stacks of ingr to make about 50 each of these recipes. Grind, spending points in recipe improve when you can to make the more powerful recipes. Get to fifty. Go pay $1000ish gold in elden root to get your skill points back from recipe improve (no need to lock them up here for now). Spend three in connosoir to extend drinks 20 minutes. This whole process assumes you want to spend $4000 gold per pop to use psijic ambrosia, which gives 50% more xp.
    - Players who grind to 50 in ten hours usually have max champion points. It's way slower if you don't, but w One Tam not impossible.
    - Open wayshrines in advance. If you join a large guild, you can fast travel to online guildies in the roster.
    - Wear training armor, 5 pieces light or med depending if you're stam or mag. Two heavy. Training on weapons.
    - Wear sets. One complete 5 piece craft set, then 3-4 pieces of a second. For example, on a stam toon I'd wear 5 piece hundings rage and 4 pieces night mothers. Magic, julianos and Magnus.
    - Green gear is fine, but you need new sets every 10 levels. So you need a set for level 8, 20, 30, 40. I make these in advance for new toons.
    - When grinding, make sure to have one skill from each of the class skills on your bar. Swap out weapon skills as they level. You want to hit fifty with your class skill lines near fifty, 2-3 weapon lines in the 40's, and a variety of mostly-leveled abilities.

The run:

(It is waaaaaay helpful to run with 1-2 buddies. Probably about 35% more xp gain. If you run ungrouped with other players the xp gain is because you're moving faster. But if you group up you share xp and get a small bonus over single players).

- start out by running the dolmens and closing each once. You don't need psijic for this, but if you're feeling rich go ahead. When closing, play like a spaz. Don't focus on one monster...use AOEs or range to try to hit everything once. You only get xp on dolmen monsters if you participate in hurting them. If you run all/most dolmens, this will bring you to level 20-25.
    - Run the public dungeons (stone arch icon, NO plus). This is where psijic helps. Move fast, kill everything and complete the dungeon quests. You can get 2 dungeons per 50 min psijic.
    - This always gets me into the 40s. From here, it's up to you. Some players go to the densest public dungeon and run psijic loops (wrothgar publics). Some run psijic with a dolmen Zerg (alik'r) I personally move to a slower but more productive grind. I do craglorn delves because there are 18 shards in them. Then I look at my open wayshrines and do nearby delves, also grabbing convenient overland shards. My way adds 5-6 hours of play to the vet grind, but my vets are going to need those shards and I find running loops in rkindaleft utterly tedious.

Note: once you're vet, this run is also the most efficient way to earn champion points. For the cp grind, I add:

High xp dailies and their valuable rewards:

- normal undaunted dungeons (1 skill point per variant, chance at good gear but it's bound)
    - Gold Coast dailies from kvetch, looming and roar (chance at Minotaur, order hour motif)
    - Wrothgar world boss dailies (chance at valuable briar heart gear, malacath and Trinimac motifs)

Med xp dailies:
    - wrothgar delve dailies (morkul stronghold, shard the first time you run a delve, shot at same as world bosses)
    - Thieves guild dailies (complete second main quest, open heists, shot at thieves guild motif. Hard if you're not a NB)
    - Dark bro dailies (complete second main quest, open these, shot at dark bro motif)
    - Thieves guild repeatables (best to drop and pick up till you get crime spree. Hack three safes, done. Abahs watch motifs)
    - Gold Coast delve dailies (board in anvil, shard on first run)

I like to run dailies to burn off enlightenment (daily dose of high xp for vet toons). I use my back bar as a leveling bar for these...slotting six skills that need leveling. I make sure to switch to this bar formquest turn ins, and moments of high xp reward (like when the final monster drops in a roar of the crowds).
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    From a noob to another noob.
    Do what I'm doing,just complete every quest and collect all skyshards in your current area,explore and enjoy to get the best out of your beginning,just play the game man don't burn yourself.You will eventually get to the level you want.This game is designed to sink time into it.