The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please Add Auras that are always on the Character!

MEBengalsFan2001
MEBengalsFan2001
✭✭✭✭✭
I love having some type of glow around me in the form of an aura. I got the aura from the current crate boxes and was excited to see that I got one of the few items I really wanted, actually got two out of the four boxes I bought, but that is besides my point here. When I used the aura it last all but 30 seconds or less. I'm use to auras in game just always being ON/active on my characters. I like having those items as it enhances or modifies your look. Using an item for a temporary short term aura just does not feel right.

Any chance of getting a true aura in the game that does not have to be activated and have a timer before it stops. I'm willing to buy it directly from the Crown Store and even gamble on one through the crates. I know many will not like the later but for me it is worth it as I just like having that glow or lighting around my character.

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was less than 30 seconds. :# It's so disappointing, that I hope they never put them in Crown Crates ever again. I'm not paying money for something that only lasts 10 seconds. What a waste of time. It's just a big disappointment.

If they lasted for 10 minutes or so, then THAT would be worthwhile.
  • kenneth.friisb16_ESO
    I often, when playing during the day, use Almalexia's Enchanted Lantern to light up dungeons and delves, because they have a tendency to be very dark. So if they throw in a torch and/or lantern to light up as well, I would second it :wink:

PC-EU
    Dastan Kingfrey - Gentleman Thief, Adventurer and Philanthropist
    Kenneth Kingfrey - Spellsword, member of the Mages Guild
    Thurin Hammerhand - Northern Warden, Traveller and NOT a dwarf
    Kenneth Willysson - Wanderer, Mountaineer and Swinger of Axes

PS4-EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often, when playing during the day, use Almalexia's Enchanted Lantern to light up dungeons and delves, because they have a tendency to be very dark. So if they throw in a torch and/or lantern to light up as well, I would second it :wink:

As someone who plays with lighting levels at what's recommended I can say this would be a wonderful addition. I love the atmosphere and feel of having correct brightness balance, but it's not helpful for dungeon gameplay.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • kenneth.friisb16_ESO
    @Turelus Exactly, I have a friend who plays his game with so much brightness that everything gets a washed out grey hue.

It ruins the atmosphere of the game, which is a shame, because it is a very beautiful game :smile:
    PC-EU
    Dastan Kingfrey - Gentleman Thief, Adventurer and Philanthropist
    Kenneth Kingfrey - Spellsword, member of the Mages Guild
    Thurin Hammerhand - Northern Warden, Traveller and NOT a dwarf
    Kenneth Willysson - Wanderer, Mountaineer and Swinger of Axes

PS4-EU
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going from DCUO where everyone of my character had a rare aura that cost millions in the broker. One I have sells for over 100 million. I also play NW and in that game armor enchantments give you some type of unique armor appearance change that I like and all my toons have one of those as well.

In Warframe I just bought the bundle that gives a cool look to my Tenno.

I like style items that add something unique. For instance I would like to get the Shiven Skin, that is a cool style item, but it is not like an aura.

I mean the one I have now, if the lighting was all that it did and lasted say 30 minutes I would be a lot happier with that than what I have now.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please Add Auras that are always on the Character!
    Old idea I guess: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/205061/costume-idea-aura ;)
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a pretty cool feature. I agree with making this a thing.