The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

pirrhiri the smuggler, nightblade and thieves guild questions

bossonova420
bossonova420
✭✭
I plan on making a khajiti nightblade for the theives quest line.... where is the smuggler and how do you get him unlocked? When to start doing the theives guild quests? I am not worried about pvp so much its the pve content i want my nightblade for, what are some good solo builds/advice for a nightblade? please advise
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure...good questions. Nightblades are naturally suited to thieves guild quests. And dark brotherhood. Magic and stamina both work well...as a khajit you're probably stamina.

The smuggler is unlocked when you finish all the quests in the thieves guild main storyline, started by speaking to quen in any thieves guild. If you look in journal...achievements..dlc...thieves guild, there's a list of quests with the reward listed at the bottom. Quests are doled out as you level the thieves guild skill line...you get one new main quest with each level. Note: you're smuggler takes a 30% cut on the items over guild fences. J'accuse, Pirhirri, j'accuse.

You can do thieves guild quests any time. They're great for a low level toon...they can help work up a lot of stuff and earn really valuable stuff. There are a few types:
    1. Main storyline quests, 6 skill points.
    2. Repeatables, offered on a board next to Kerri. These involve pockpocketing, raiding safes or finding specific items in specific zones. You can do as many as you like, and these award Thieves Guild skill leveling, some gold, and a shot at abahs watch motifs (which are very valuable). They reward a blue 500 gold bounty reduction. (Tip: if you hate pickpocketing, drop and pick the quest up over and over until you get safe boxes, which is way faster.)
    3. Dailies. To do these you have to complete the second quest in the main storyline, then Velsa will leave you a note about heists. Once you run through some annoying setup, you can run per day. You are put into a delve where you have 8 minutes to find four chests. A perfect completion awards a thieves guild motif, also very valuable. These are QUITE HARD, but with some practice very doable with a nightblade. And I make like 150,000 gold a week on motifs with my 2 nbs.

Dark Brotherhood has similar quests:
    1. Main story, 6-7 skill points
    2. Repeatable kill quests, which level dark Brotherhood but provide NO motifs.
    3. Dailies, which are easier than the TG, and also unlock after the second main line quest. Perfects here potentially reward dark bro motifs, also valuable.

All of these quests involve more sneaking than killing, so it might be wise to change gear/abilities for running them:
    1. The crafted stamina set Night Silence allows you to sneak at full speed. Highly recommended to run these. There is a magic equivalent drop set called shadow dancer that reduces sneak for mag toons. It's in guild stores and not too expensive, but might be hard to find nicer c160. If you're lower level, farm greenshade dolmens, delves, world bosses and public dungeon bosses. You don't need perfect gear, just five pieces. It shouldn't take long to get.
    2. Retreating maneuver from assault is highly recommended. If you haven't pvpd, go into cyrodiil in any campaign. There's an intro arrival quest (say hello, boom, done) that awards 750 AP, which opens this skill.
    3. For magblades, concealed weapon gives you another 25% speed in sneak...way helpful. In fact, if you're running a stamblade you might consider moving to this morph while doing all your TG and DB work...the speed is very helpful.
    4. In short: night silence or shadow dancer + retreat maneuver + concealed weapon = ZOOM
    5. Work up your legerdemain and spend on the passive that reduces sneak cost. My grind on my khajits is to go to the orsinium inn complex daily and steal everything along the route inside (there are barely any NPCs). I spend one point to allow 110 launders and sales per day. Run this daily for a week, and your legerdemain will be up around 15...this makes your stolen drops better.
    6. You'll want to do quite a few thieves repeatables at first to earn the bounty reduction carts. NBs are sneaky, but not THAT sneaky. You'll need one occasionally.

I use a wonky specialized bar for these quests, but especially the dailies: assassin blade, dark cloak, retreating maneuver, concealed weapon, any range attack (I use hidden blade).
  • bossonova420
    bossonova420
    ✭✭
    cool man thank you for the information it is invaluable and keep up the great work here man.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    where is the smuggler and how do you get him unlocked?

Actually, Pirharri the Smuggler is a she, rather than a he. ;)
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com