The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Question for Nightblades

CubanRay
CubanRay
✭✭
Noob here guys and I have a couple of questions.
1-How does Catalyst works because it says potions but I'm low level and have sips.Does it works ?
2-Summon shade ,is this good or bad ,haven't seen anybody using it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would worry not about Passives until your leveled into the 30's at least. For one reason, you are buffed by the game the lower your level so you kind of don't need the passive benefits.

My Generic Leveling Spiel
    First leveling character? Forget about Builds right now. No need, your handicapped anyway by the game so you are way more powerful than you need to be. Instead take advantage of this buff to properly level your character so you can be deadly when it matters later on when you are not buffed by the level scaling. In other words, you can create a rotation that makes you think your all that and a biscuit because of the scaling buffs, then get a rude awakening come Champ Ranks when you are on your own.

In other words, right now if your wearing any gear, the mobs will die.

1. Have one class skill on your bar at all times, swapping them out once the skill reaches Morph stage. Worry about your Morphs later.
    2. Have one weapon skill on your bar at all times, again until Morph stage
    3. Wear a mix of all 3 armor types so they all level about equally
    4. From L1 to L20, invest in attack skills and actives
    5. From L20 to L35 start investing in Passives and Support Skills
    6. From L35 to L50 start investing in Morphs (but only if all your class skills are at the Morph Stage), Passives and Crafting Skills
    7 From CP10 to CP160 try out dropped sets to see which ones fit your playstyle, don't worry about traits right now, fill in passives and actives you may have missed
    8. Grind on Dolmens to level your Fighters Guild, or find the Lore Books to level Mages Guild
    9. Do some stealing to level Legerdemain, best source for money in the game
    10. Decon every piece of gear you get that you are not going to use immediately to level equipment crafting, no need to invest skills points until Champ Ranks.

As for your Sips, they should be scaling up, essentially being the same percentage wise of the total stats as a top end potion would be to a top end character. It is a good passive, Catalyst, its just during early leveling, Actives are so much more important, and some passives have more of a bang for the point than others.

Summon Shades are awesome if you use them right. Which is what can be said about most any skill in the game. Yes, there are some clunkers in every class's group, but most skills are good if you use them right.

For one thing, if you go with Shades on a Magic NB, then use the Necropetence set for a huge bonus to Magic. Shades are a Pet, so bonus.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    Thanks,yea I'm going to respect and use those skill points into something else,you don't have that many at low levels,I'm stamina so I was thinking about shade as distraction for soloing.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CubanRay wrote: »
    Thanks,yea I'm going to respect and use those skill points into something else,you don't have that many at low levels,I'm stamina so I was thinking about shade as distraction for soloing.

Even with Stamina, the Shades are a good distraction for Soloing. They will draw and hold Aggro on mobs for you so you can focus on the other mobs. I have used Shades on my Stamina NB to great effect.

It's just using them on a Magic NB with that certain set gives a big boost to stats. It was more of an example of looking at everything and how it all interacts before making a decision on what go with. And, don't be a sheeple, you don't need to follow the Meta and the Flavor of the Month Builds to be effective in this game. Think outside the box and you will find your self having more fun.

Options
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    Meta?? Brother I'm just want to enjoy the game,currently a 2h stamblade and I love it,not even thinking about the elitist ,good to know about shades thanks.
    But still don't know if catalyst works with sips,gonna have to respect.
    Good info .
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked the potions on a character I am leveling, the Sips and Drams and whatnot all scale so the percentage increase for the potions is worthwhile. Especially as a Stam NB needs all the Healing it can get, and potions are a major source for that.

Options
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    Thanks
    Options
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor omg, that spoiler box is awesome. I answer those questions all the time too...I'm totally making some of those on my clipboard.

@CubanRay Nobody answered your very specific questions, lol.

1. Any time the game refers to potions, it means potions of any level. Catalyst offers a set ultimate gain for drinking any potion. So you could (and I have) quickslotted old, junk potions, even underleveled stuff, drinking it while I wander so that I have an ultimate charged for the next big fight. Necessary? No...but what else are you going to do with those old potions? Tip: it can be helpful to turn on the ultimate number in the interface settings. A little number from 1-1000 will appear in the ultimate icon to tell you how much you've earned. This can help you learn what earns ultimate, how much, and what costs for different ultimate abilities are.

2. I love Summon Shade. It's not an essential skill, but it can be fun, and occasionally useful. Unfortunately, both morphs are stupidly magic damage. (@ZOS_GinaBruno: stupidly magic damage). So on a stamblade, the hits are dinky...like 350 per strike for a C561 vet...sigh. Magblades get way more damage out of this.

However, the shadow image morph creates an "anchor" point with a free teleport back, which can be very helpful, and I use it on my stamblade all the time. It is especially helpful on bow builds, where you often need to get out of a melee situation...or magblade ranged staff builds. When I use it, I'll cast it on a boss from sneak (does not cause aggro) then launch my assault. If I get into a bad AOE situation or the boss is about to smack me hard, ZING...back to my shadow image. Then recast and open the gap again. This can be very helpful for those long fights...like world bosses.
    Options
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    Best info man thanks,the funny thing is that I was avoiding NB for some reason and now is probably my favorite ,is a lot of fun
    Options