The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How to properly use the HDR slider in video properties?

Riplaekic
Riplaekic
While I enjoy using HDR in this title at 4k, I wonder if it were possible for someone to explain the correct way to tweak the HDR Brightness slider in the video options. At mid bar my reds are over-saturated and look unnatural. While setting the HDR slider to max helps that, it does create some eye strain. In Resident Evil 7 the HDR slider that is prompted at the start of the game allows you to properly set HDR brightness through a comparative image that matches brightness and calibrates the image. Could we get something like that for ESO at some point?
  • Bazgrim
    Bazgrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HDR brightness?

Are you referring to gamma? Like so?
    Edited by Bazgrim on January 26, 2017 2:22PM
    eso.png 132.7K
    Alpha / Beta Participant / Software Engineering UG
    Author of StopIt!
  • Riplaekic
    Riplaekic
    HDR brightness is a separate slider that is supposed to sync up with your display to match HDR brightness levels set there. The default brightness tab you linked above is a separate slider (though it does help with HDR when your screen is crushing blacks).

Currently, there is no way to tell if the in-game HDR slider is actually syncing correctly with your display.