The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Stamina Nb PvP build suggestions? (no proc sets)

Father_X_Zombie
Father_X_Zombie
✭✭✭✭
Hello, i am looking to play on my Imperial stam nb more and i need some build suggestions. Everything ive seen on youtube is cheese or gank builds or has very low sustain. Since im Imperial, im looking for something on the sustain side, while doing a good bit of damage. i prefer 2h and bow but i can try duel wield if it works. Also no proc sets or cheese plz

My current set up:

5 Eternal hunt
1 kena
1 bloodspawn
3 agility
1 sharp VMA 2h or 2 leki

i still feel like im not doing alot of damage to even squishy people. :/
Edited by Father_X_Zombie on January 23, 2017 5:14PM
GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also prefer medium armour

DC NA XB1

• SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have run the same setup for a long while now. 5 PC Hundlings (4 Body, 1/1 weapons), 4 Marksmen (Jewels/Belt), 1 BS/1 Kena.

I have around 3800 dmg buffed with about 2100 recovery. My max stam is somewhere around 34/35K. Character is a Bosmer. You'd have slightly different stats with the Imperial.

That's my favorite setup. I do run a couple others though from time to time.

5PC Eternal, 5 PC Spriggans, 1 Kena or 1 BS.
    5PC Eternal, 2 Leki (DW), 3 Agility, Kena/BS.

DW/2H for larger group play..
    Edited by SneaK on January 23, 2017 8:59PM
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    I have run the same setup for a long while now. 5 PC Hundlings (4 Body, 1/1 weapons), 4 Marksmen (Jewels/Belt), 1 BS/1 Kena.

I have around 3800 dmg buffed with about 2100 recovery. My max stam is somewhere around 34/35K. Character is a Bosmer. You'd have slightly different stats with the Imperial.

The 1st one sounds great, Alot of stam recovery which is really good for me. The gear should be easy to get. Thanks!

DC NA XB1

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're running mis-matched monster helm pieces, get Kra'gh. Its the most damage from 1 piece.

I think on stamblade, for a sustain setup:

5 pc Air: 3 jewels 1 armor Bow
    5pc Alchemist: 4 armor 2h sword
    1 Kra'gh
    1 Bloodspawn/kena

Without procs that's gonna be close to the most damage you can get without sacrificing sustain and since you're building for sustain its ok that alchemist only has 33% uptime on its damage. The bonus damage from the Air dodge-rolls is great to set up your burst during alchemist downtime or with alchemist up for extreme damage. Stamblade is the only class that can utilize senche and air effectively, because they have a hard hitting instant cast spammable.

Edit: Miruku runs air on stamblade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd19AsaBaXk

Obviously just sub out veli for other sets
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 23, 2017 10:05PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using 5 Automaton, 3 Agility, 1 Velidreth, 1 Kena and 1 Random armor piece since I don't have VMA stuff on a 2H/Bow Bosmer NB.
    I think it works pretty well, buffed at 4k WD with just Major Brutality. Good tooltip numbers, but just make sure to take Physical Damage over Disease or Poison damage where ever you can, for instance DBoS over Incap.
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I run 5x hunding 4x marksman 1x kragh 1x kena.

Orzogas tripe pocket food.

Sitting at like 3600 WD 2600 SR and 31k Max Stam. Without my enchants proccing.

I also like to switch it up sometimes by running max food with 1x bs 1x krag'gh or kena. Still have around 2100 Stam recovery and I think around 38k stam. Hits pretty damn hard with decent recov.

Recently I've been running @DannyLV702 build. 5x hunding 5x sprig 1x bs w/ orzagas tripe pocket. Have around 2500 sr, 3500 WD, and 32k stam.

I honestly don't know which of these builds I prefer more. I often find myself going back for more recovery because either of these builds will get you the damage you need to slay just about anybody.
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say we run a lot of the same ***.. lol.

• runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    Last couple of weeks I have been running the following, been doing quite well, stam regen is a bit low tho:

5 Hundings
    1 Velidreth
    3 Agility
    2 Leki's (Shoulder & GSword/Bow)

Weapon Damage enchants on Jewellery and Weapons.
    Robust Jewels, Sharpened Weapons, Impen Armour.

Orzorga's Triple Trifle food.
    Usual potions for dmg, crit, invisibility etc

All stuff I had anyway apart from the dmg glyphs.

Damage tooltip is about 4200 buffed.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PurifedBladez Sounds like it man. Good on you for not being a proctato!
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    For group play, I've been running DW/2H, 5 Witchman, 5 Hide of the Werewolf, 2 Bloodspawn. These sets synergize very well. I usually enter battle with around 28K stamina, 3500 weapon damage, and 2500 stamina recovery. But the key is, this setup builds ultimate very fast and has very good survivability for a medium armor build. I use Thrive in Chaos, which I think is underrated for PvP, because it helps me survive Eye of the Storm, deals damage, and buffs my own attacks (mainly Steel Tornado). Fuller explanation here: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/the-black-panther-group-build-stamina-pvp-one-tamriel/
    Edited by Aztlan on January 24, 2017 3:57PM
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I use these sets with my nightblade :
    (my own build)

2 x Pirate Skeleton
    5 x Way of the air (5th bonus on 2nd bar, bow defending trait)
    5 x Marksman (5th bonus on 2h sword bar, you can use vma weapon if you have it with a good trait instead of marksman weapon)
    and werewolf ultimate on second bar.

13k spell and physical resistance, around 3000 stamina recovery (depend of your race, my nightblade is khajiit), and 3.3k / 3.5k weapon damages, with 45% physical critic. (7 medium).

• cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want high burst without proc sets, try 1 kragh, 1 velidreth/kena, 5 spriggan, 5 clever alchemist. Run 4 piece alchemist on body plus bow, and spriggan jewellery, 1 body and your 2her. If you have maelstrom 2her in sharp, then drop veli/kena for another spriggan body piece.

If you want slightly less up front damage but much better sustain, go 5 bone pirate (jewelry and 2 body), 5 clever alchemist (4 body and bow), 1 piece kragh and maelstrom 2her. Use stam + mag recovery drink. Very well balanced 'duelist' sort of stamblade build while retaining the 15 sec clever alch super burst window.

I have another set up for homestead patch that is designed to deal with what i predict will be the problematic class, but I'll need to test more before sharing.
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • Chair
    Chair
    ✭✭✭
    Miruku runs Air spriggan, and selene he said if you dont want to run Selene You can try Bloodspawn and velidreth and switch to thief mundus stone.
    100% Not Miruku I swear
    Stamblade Rank 50 (No AP flipping involved)
    DK Rank 35( Retired)
    Grand Overlord Flawless Conqueror Dro-M'athra Destroyer
    Princess Guar Of Guar Squad OP
    DD for The Phoenix Reborn
    Former Zerg Squad/Banana Squad

• cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chair wrote: »
    Miruku runs Air spriggan, and selene he said if you dont want to run Selene You can try Bloodspawn and velidreth and switch to thief mundus stone.

Air is completely inferior to Senche.

• Chair
    Chair
    ✭✭✭
    cheemers wrote: »
    Chair wrote: »

Air is completely inferior to Senche.

Not really Senche is strong yes but we use senche to keep high stam recovery the extra crit on senche and wep dmg is nice but the extra 1x stam rec is so much nicer allowing you to stack recovery higher :P
    100% Not Miruku I swear
    Stamblade Rank 50 (No AP flipping involved)
    DK Rank 35( Retired)
    Grand Overlord Flawless Conqueror Dro-M'athra Destroyer
    Princess Guar Of Guar Squad OP
    DD for The Phoenix Reborn
    Former Zerg Squad/Banana Squad

• Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say 5 air/senche/Hunt on bow bar and 5 spriggan on 2h bar. Kragh and Kena (bloodspawn/Kragh if using senche) . Orzoga gold food, serpent mundus.
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to use roll-dodge build with eternal hunt, I suggest you to take second full roll-dodge set, like already suggested senche, air or morihaus. I used to wear eternal hunt + senche back before proc meta, its fun and pretty safe because you can escape leaving eternal hunt rune behind. But be ready to hit like a wet noodle. Sustain setups like this loose to plain-damage builds, like alchemist, spriggan, marksman, morag tong etc.
    Wearing incomplete sets like 4 marksman, 2 leki and so on is not actual, try to gather two full sets.
    As for monster sets,full veli is the best option, I think, but you want build without procs. In this case you can try 1 kragh, 1 pirate skeleton, which gives you more resistanse for 1 piece than chudan, 1 kena or 1 veli.
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    5 cleaver alchemist, 3 agility (all with wep damage bonus), 1 kena, 1 velidreth, 2 leki sword + maelstorm gw should maximize your wepon damage, but you lack any kind of recovery.
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  • frostbreeze
    frostbreeze
    ✭✭✭
    Use exactly what ure using and instead of 2 random undaunted sets use 2p slimecraw instead.If ure a good nb u cant fit relentless in the first place.
    Edit:I'm personally using selene cause proc aint no taboo for me.
    Edited by frostbreeze on January 30, 2017 10:42PM
  • CeeJonesy
    CeeJonesy
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to use 2 bloodspawn, 5 hundings, 3 agility (2 healthy 1 robust, damage enchants), masters/maelstrom 2h and masters bow (weapon damage enchant or double damage poison replaces masters/maelstom 2h enchant). all impen on the gear and stam enchants. regen mundus. triple trifle pockets. I run vampire with it and get some pretty good regen (over 2k) and around 4k weapon damage when I run it with dawnbreaker.

This is my go to setup. Bloodspawn doesn't proc often but can be a lifesaver when it does. Sadly at the minute the master's bow seems to be broken and I don't get my extra damage but I have it in defending so it's extra resistance at least. and to those who might say maelstrom is Best in slot I use ambush over crit rush so enchant is useless for me on either weapon.

My other dodge roll setup is 5 senche 5 way of the air 1 kena. I get around the same weapon damage but over 3k regen. only problem is that the upkeep means dodge rolling more often even when I shouldnt have too. gear is a mix of well fitted and impen. recovery mundus. triple trifle pockets.

noticed a lot of people in here arguing over whats best with senche/air. they work amazingly well together from my experience however I am not a huge fan of micromanaging my damage. I enjoy having the straight stats of the first build een if it means a few hundred less regen.

If I just feel like a few ganks I run 5 alch, 1 kena, 1 veli, 2 leki, 3 agility. easy over 5k weapon damage and with stam/magic recovery drinks its just about 2k recovery.

I dont run this as often as I once did due to so many people running heavy lately but it has very good potential to kill most players very quickly. No praying for procs and honestly no need to have someone gank with me. Enough recovery to escape or kill multiple people.
    PC EU | XBOX EU
  • SJD_Phoenix
    SJD_Phoenix
    ✭✭✭
    I've just put together what is probably the filthiest bow gank build I've ever made and I'm loving it so much right now.

5 pc clever alchemist (sword and board, 3 armour)
    5 pc spriggans (jewels, 2 armour)
    1 pc kragh
    1 pc Kena
    Maelstrom bow

Hitting 37k stamina and fully buffed around 4.5k WD on the bow bar (my level 1 focussed aim is tooltipping at 23k) and that's without flawless dawnbreaker.
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just put together what is probably the filthiest bow gank build I've ever made and I'm loving it so much right now.

5 pc clever alchemist (sword and board, 3 armour)
    5 pc spriggans (jewels, 2 armour)
    1 pc kragh
    1 pc Kena
    Maelstrom bow

Hitting 37k stamina and fully buffed around 4.5k WD on the bow bar (my level 1 focussed aim is tooltipping at 23k) and that's without flawless dawnbreaker.

Clever Alchemist 4 piece is equivalent to 1 piece kena. You should drop the kena, get one extra alchemist body piece, and then swap out the sword and shield for an alchemist 2her for easy Rally.

• Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Telel solos they run a basic 'sniper' build with the following. Though they use a very different set up when leading their groups.

1 Velidreth or Kraagh (Telel prefers veli right now due to pen not being so hot against some builds)

1 Kena (or put your Kraagh here if you prefer)

1 Clever Alchemist Cuirass, 2 medium, 2 swords (sharpened), 1 bow (sharp): This lets me swap to a dual wield bar for the alchemist 5 piece then swap back to my bow for ranged attacks. The twin swords also enhance Khajiit's heals slightly.

3 Spriggan jewlery (wep.dam enchants), 2 Spriggan medium: this lets one maximize their armor penetration on both bars.

If you care to hear Telel elfing a lot about 'team purple' then here is a video of them playing around with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaitNyaaUWI

Edited by Telel on February 1, 2017 5:35AM
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Jaiden
    Jaiden
    ✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20170116_221736_zpsmp6wkv4g.png
    5 spriggans, 5 hulking draugr, light bloodspawn shoulder, heavy storm fist helm.
    Edit: this is unbuffed. WD is about 3500 when buffed. Using blue stam/HP food
    Edited by Jaiden on February 1, 2017 7:35PM
    Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CeeJonesy wrote: »
    This is my go to setup. Bloodspawn doesn't proc often but can be a lifesaver when it does. Sadly at the minute the master's bow seems to be broken and I don't get my extra damage but I have it in defending so it's extra resistance at least. and to those who might say maelstrom is Best in slot I use ambush over crit rush so enchant is useless for me on either weapon.

master's bow is not broken. You get the extra damage, but not in the tooltips, is a kind a "invisible" buff. You can test it very easily just be measuring the dmg of your individual hits with and withouth poison injection on the target.
  • Psychodellix
    Psychodellix
    ✭✭✭
    5 Medium Divine Alchemist, 5 Divine Marksman, 1 Medium Divine Bloodspawn, 1 Medium Divine Kina.
    I run DW Sharpend maces on front bar. And 2H sharpend Axe on the back bar.
    That set up puts me around 3000 weapon damage and 3000 Stam regen un-buffed.
    and around 28k stam 28k health.
    100 into mighty, and depending on the meta either the rest into penetration, or into the one that goes through damage shields.
    Edited by Psychodellix on February 2, 2017 4:45PM
  • CeeJonesy
    CeeJonesy
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    master's bow is not broken. You get the extra damage, but not in the tooltips, is a kind a "invisible" buff. You can test it very easily just be measuring the dmg of your individual hits with and withouth poison injection on the target.

I tested it the way you described. On Xbox at least it doesn't seem to be working. Damage was the same with or without poison injection on the target. Tested it on mobs in duels and in Cyrodill. reported it to ZoS and got a reply stating that it is a known issue and they are working on a solution (though I am not sure if that is ZoS's response to all item issues or not).

EDIT: Just tested it again and it seems to be working now.
    Edited by CeeJonesy on February 3, 2017 4:20AM
    PC EU | XBOX EU
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, ive tested a lot of these sets and ive found that viper sting is equal to about 500 to 600 wpn dmg. I also found that marksman is medicore at best. For a nightblade focusing on burst u can deal with 1500 recovery, especially with maxed legermain for decrease to stealth cost. Also ive noticed that past about 4k dmg i dont see very much of a return whether i have 4k or 5k dmg. Alchemist works great for a gank style play. I compared using hundings rage vs viper sting and viper sting won when combining with alchemist. That said i dislike the ease of use with proc seta and dont use them.

I personally prefer bow/2h combo and try to make it so that bow is one 5 pc and 2h is a different so i can still wear a monster set or 2 dif monster pieces.

Ive also found that even with only the first 3 passives heavy armor synergizes well with nightblades.

Night mothers embrace is fantastic combined with khajit. People can basically run over u without detecting you assuming they arent using skills or buffs.

Right now im using automatons with sheer venom and it works great. I dont have sharpened auto weapon so i morphed lethal arrow to the physical dmg morph and not able to wear a full monster set.

Ive enchanted my armor to get 20k health and use food for max stam and recovery. Works great if i decide to run a dungeon, and allows me to better manage my health vs max stam. Champion points is all mighty until full and then penetration. No need for precise since crit is already high and i only have problems with super tanks. I aim for 2k crit resistance and i can sustain fights really well against 2 or 3 folks as long as they dont grothdar and destro ult me at the same time since im a vamp.
    Edited by t3hdubzy on February 3, 2017 2:43PM
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CeeJonesy wrote: »
    ManDraKE wrote: »

I tested it the way you described. On Xbox at least it doesn't seem to be working. Damage was the same with or without poison injection on the target. Tested it on mobs in duels and in Cyrodill. reported it to ZoS and got a reply stating that it is a known issue and they are working on a solution (though I am not sure if that is ZoS's response to all item issues or not).

EDIT: Just tested it again and it seems to be working now.

there is still a bug, if you animation calce the posion arrow too fast you don't get the buff sometimes, but besides that seems to be working.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the proc sets